Author Topic: Looking for highly technical information.  (Read 504 times)

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
Looking for highly technical information.
« on: May 16, 2012, 09:36:08 AM »
I am requesting some fairly deep stuff here, some of which I do no have any clue on so bear with me.

I would like to know if AH outputs the plane's instrument data in a way that I can display on an instrument panel.  I basically want to program a panel that can display Altitude, Speeds, Range, and Climb-rates in a 7 segment LED, or perhaps on a LCD.

This question is probably answerable by the simpit flyers, but I was hoping that someone at HTC would possibly also have a specific answer to this.  Is there an outstream of data I can access?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
Re: Looking for highly technical information.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:50:22 AM »
Ten60 unfortunately the answer to your question is. No. I was wondering the same thought when I wanted to add a 4th monitor to my set up but was told that couldn't happen. I wish we could as it would add realism to the game. But someone else might be able to help you out to a good simulation emulation program.

Lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
Ten60 unfortunately the answer to your question is. No. I was wondering the same thought when I wanted to add a 4th monitor to my set up but was told that couldn't happen.
HTC care to confirm?  And if so is there a specific reason?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »
You have the answer. If you want to get it strait from Hitech I suggest you email him.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
From what I understand it has to do with game code security and people attempting to hack the game already.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
See here for at least one previous discussion:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,248396.0.html
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
Reschke I understand what you are saying.  It shouldn't be, however, because the info I'm looking for is nothing more that essentially what's shown in E6B plus an actual Altitude in number form.  Nothing more.  Creating an outward stream that refreshes 4 times a second and uses LITERALLY under 100 bytes would be, well almost no measurable (certainly not humanly) time delay.  Plus this data already does refresh in the E6b so there isn't any more data coming, it would just be accessible and shouldn't be alterable so no longer a security threat.

Chalange thank you so much for posting that.  I spent a few hours searching and couldn't find a previous discussion, so this is helpful.  Thanks for being helpful.  I'd love to get a pm with some details as to what you ended up doing with that project.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »
No need for a PM. The pit is about 90% complete. I made templates for all the parts I designed for the pit itself and considered offering the design for sale on the web at Amazon. Unfortunately now is an extremely bad time for startup companies and my time has become limited to family and school for the most part. I decided to devote mine to FSX because it doesn't look like it will ever be a possibility here. However, the P-51 is coming to DCS but I havent looked into the possibility of latches over there.

Simkits is still in business and it would be easy enough to start your own design.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.