Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Oscar
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 02:21:27 PM »
Rarely do you even see an m3(75) - 251/22 won't be any different - doesn't matter how good the gun is it won't survive in the MA unless you are camping a spawn - same with the Panzer 3 (doesn't matter what variant you choose).
Panzer4 F will outlive both and even if its ENY gets downgraded people will rather take the 4F over any Panzer III.

Rarely do you see a M4-75 unless someones blowing up town, I would argue the Puma is the only viable option - 50mm L/60 cannon with high speed would be more useful then an M8 but would not over take the M18 in terms of use.

I'm not quite so sure of that. From what I've head, the main reason the M3(75) doesn't see more use is lack of firepower. 92mm of penetration just isn't enough to tackle most tanks you'll bump into. Another reason is that the optics are, to be frank, complete crap. Neither of those issues would apply to the SdKfz 251/22, which would be capable of knocking out any tank but the Tiger II from the front at ranges exceeding 1600yds, and would have high quality optics.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
Another fighter aircraft thread successfully hijacked by the 'we need more tanks' brigade. Awesome.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »
Tanks are stupid.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
I'm not quite so sure of that. From what I've head, the main reason the M3(75) doesn't see more use is lack of firepower. 92mm of penetration just isn't enough to tackle most tanks you'll bump into. Another reason is that the optics are, to be frank, complete crap. Neither of those issues would apply to the SdKfz 251/22, which would be capable of knocking out any tank but the Tiger II from the front at ranges exceeding 1600yds, and would have high quality optics.

Optics would be no different then on the Panzer 4 H.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »
Optics would be no different then on the Panzer 4 H.

Yeah, in other words among the best in the game.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
Yeah, in other words among the best in the game.

Not entirely, Tiger 2 has the best optics, followed by Panther/Tiger then Firefly - decent optics are M476/M18.

T34/Panzer4 are down on the list, especially trying to aim beyond 1400 yards.
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
For pure magnification, yes. However the optics have advantages that go beyond simple magnification. When you get practice with it, the mils system can give you pretty good range estimates. Especially usefull for longer-range engagments, and when you only have a few shots before you need to either high-tail it or take one through the turret.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
Hey, I can come up with several reasons to add the Ki-43 ahead of the Panzer III or SdKfz 251/22. I'm just not going to share them, because its not in my interest to help out the Ki-43.

LOL...ok then keep your secret. We don't want to hear them anyway. Shouldn't you be out rounding up your 30 GV's that want to do a scenario so bad. Please stop with your GV rants on aircraft threads. You do not need a high post count to let us know you don't understand. We get it.  :old:

+1 for the Ki-43. Important bird that is long over due to fly in Aces High.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 04:27:29 PM »
LOL...ok then keep your secret. We don't want to hear them anyway. Shouldn't you be out rounding up your 30 GV's that want to do a scenario so bad. Please stop with your GV rants on aircraft threads. You do not need a high post count to let us know you don't understand. We get it.  :old:

Oh I understand prefectly the usefulness of the Ki-43, or rather the lack thereof. Really its usefulness is limited to special events, as in the MA, the japanese already rule the one area where the Ki-43 would out-preform the other fighters: turning.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
I wouldn't say they "rule" it.  The A6M2 narrowly out turns the Hurricane Mk I and the Brewster B239, both of which out turn the A6M5b.  Not sure where the A6M3 falls in that list.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »
I hijacked this thread with Tojo!  :furious

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
My personal list of Japanese aircraft that I want:

D4Y 'Judy'
H8K2 'Emily'
J2M3/J2M5 'Jack'
Ki-43 'Oscar'
Ki-44 'Tojo'
Ki-102 'Randy'
P1Y1 'Frances'
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »
My personal list of Japanese aircraft that I want:

D4Y 'Judy'
H8K2 'Emily'
J2M3/J2M5 'Jack'
Ki-43 'Oscar'
Ki-44 'Tojo'
Ki-102 'Randy'
P1Y1 'Frances'

Dig it! I'd even add the Ki 27, then we can run a proper AVG setup.

Offline Full Metal Jug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »
Why do you want the oscar anyways? It's not going to do anything like the Ki-84, it's not even better. I'll bet you the Yak 3 would be an even better choice than that. Ki is a piece of paper, Yak 3 is atleast a tin can. Yak 3>Ki-43

Also the Ki-43 is so weak it only has 2 mgs, it can't beat it's way out of a wetpaper bag.

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."

— George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:44 AM »
Why do you want the oscar anyways? It's not going to do anything like the Ki-84, it's not even better. I'll bet you the Yak 3 would be an even better choice than that. Ki is a piece of paper, Yak 3 is atleast a tin can. Yak 3>Ki-43

Also the Ki-43 is so weak it only has 2 mgs, it can't beat it's way out of a wetpaper bag.

It outturns a zero, just letting you know. Same 12.7mm as the ones on the Ki-84. And I've killed plenty with just the MGs. Not every plane has to have 8x 50 cals ya know? ;)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp