Author Topic: Adding/replacing your sounds tutorial.  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Adding/replacing your sounds tutorial.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
 :salute
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
bump  :t
"No odds too great"

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 08:23:22 AM »
good info to enrich your game.
"No odds too great"

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
can't adjust engine noise enough
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
I have Mitsu's sound pack. I have a problem with engine noise. It's too loud and I can't seem to adjust it. It seems to be exactly the same from maybe 50% - 60% on down to 10%. Below 10% I have no engine sound. Does anyone else have that problem? Solution?
This is own engine noise not external.
Thanks!
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Ive never had that problem and Im not sure what it could be hopefully someone smarter than me will step in here and give you a hand on it.
"No odds too great"

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: can't adjust engine noise enough
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
I have Mitsu's sound pack. I have a problem with engine noise. It's too loud and I can't seem to adjust it. It seems to be exactly the same from maybe 50% - 60% on down to 10%. Below 10% I have no engine sound. Does anyone else have that problem? Solution?
This is own engine noise not external.
Thanks!
Tex78

So In-Game bring up your ClipBoard and goto Options>Preferences>GameSounds from here you can set up "Overall" game sounds. I have mine as follows: music100% environment50% effects50% {this is the engine sound location "overall"} voice100%

Also look at Clipboard>Options>Preferences>GameSounds>ADVANCED {here you can adjust each individual sound}

Hope this helps.

:airplane:~<Deadstik

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
So In-Game bring up your ClipBoard and goto Options>Preferences>GameSounds from here you can set up "Overall" game sounds. I have mine as follows: music100% environment50% effects50% {this is the engine sound location "overall"} voice100%

Also look at Clipboard>Options>Preferences>GameSounds>ADVANCED {here you can adjust each individual sound}

Hey deadstik:
While is true that I am mentally handicapped (and special needs ... very special), I actually have done all of these things. My effects are set to about 40%. Under advanced, I have eng noise set to 11%.

In reviewing the sounds of three different aircraft I have discovered that the one that bothers me the most is the Spit 16. I fly the Spit 16 when I fly pure fighter sorties such as base defense. It has the loudest eng noise of the aircraft I fly. The P51 is second, the Hurricane is much quieter as well as the P47. Its the Spit 16 that is so loud that it bothers me. I wish I could turn it down to 9% but then there is no engine noise at all. That is very difficult to do because I control my engine by sound way more than I do looking at the instruments. The freaking instrument panel is too hard to read for the engine settings of most AH airplanes. The only thing I check regularly on the engine power settings is the temperature setting if I have been using WEP. Most of the time I find the RPM gauge doesn't work at all. It just shows full on. So sound is important. Have to have it but with the Spit 16, it wears me down. It also bothers me on the P51 but not quite as much.

What I would like to know is if this is true with most of the sound packs. Although I am now very use to the Mitsu pack, I would consider changing if there is a sound pack that is easier on the ears. OR, what would really nice if someone could walk me through the process of changing just the sound for the Spit 16 in my software.
Thanks again!
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »
So it sounds to me like what you are asking is how to edit a sound file.

If that's the case then you will need is:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

From inside of Aduacity open the sound file you wish to make quieter and adjust the volume save it, plug back into the folder by way of dragging and viola?

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
Deadstik:
Thank you sir! Audacity worked really well. I have the Spit16 eng sound down about 1/3rd now from what it was. It is much better!
 :salute
Tex78