Author Topic: T34 undestructable supertank?!  (Read 856 times)

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
T34 undestructable supertank?!
« on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
Was in Mid war today in a T34 trying to kill another T34 that was firing at my base. I made about 20 AP hits and 3 HVAP hits on him long range, but did no damage to him. Then he rolled back behind the hill and I went after him.
When I found him behind the hill I got him up really close, and I fired 2 more HVAP rounds at him with direct hits. But still no damage?! Then someone back at the base obviously had a clear shot at him, and took him out with one shot with the 17pounder. And all I got after a 20min tankbattle was the assist..  :furious  :noid

The enemy T34 also made 2 or 3 hits on me without me getting any damage, so I guess the real question here is what has happened to the T34 rounds?? Are they all rubber now?!  :headscratch:

I got the film, but I don't know how to upload it..

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:38:57 AM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: T34 undestructable supertank?!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
You can send the film to support@hitechcreations.com

- sudz

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »
Go to mediafire.com and upload it.  Post the link of the file here :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
Go to mediafire.com and upload it.  Post the link of the file here :)

Ok.. Tried that, now let's see if I got it right..

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0h5u9mrzlxoup2i
TheStig

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
Some reason my Film viewer crashes every time I try to load this film, sorry I can't help ya.
JG 52

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
Anyone else been able to download my film and view it?? I dont' even know if I got this done right, first time I use mediafire to upload a film..  :headscratch:

Or first time I uploaded a film rather, period.  :noid
TheStig

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:06:49 AM »
Ya, you have to upload a film cause we all have the time to get on here and type screwups in the game and are totally lying just for the fun of it.  :huh
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »
Ya, you have to upload a film cause we all have the time to get on here and type screwups in the game and are totally lying just for the fun of it.  :huh

Excuse me?!   :huh

TheStig

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 03:25:07 PM »
Excuse me?!   :huh

I believe he was being sarcastic SAJ.  I didn't take it as a dig towards you however I could see how it might have sounded so.  Also, note that Sudz said to send film to the support@hitech.com.  Depending on their available resources, they may have time to review the film and answer specific questions for you.  You were fortunate that the staff monitors the BBS and responded to your post, but for hard answers for those like me, who find themselves wondering the same, film needs to be sent to them directly.  I think the staff does a superb job of taking care of their customer support, but in the meantime below are some of my thoughts on the matter. 

I am tryin the link now as I speak.  Watching the film now and between 4:00 and 10:00 I saw maybe 2, 3 or so solid turret hits, about a dozen ricochet hits and a half dozen misses.  I am thinking that his angle prevented that sweet spot 1 hit kill (rt under the edge of the turret), but the 2 or 3 solid turret hits  :headscratch: IDK how a turret would be still functioning with no problems. 

Here is where the experts come in.  The sloped armor has done its job by causing a number of ricochets, but when a round makes solid contact (hit sprite with no ricochet seen) one would reason that some damage has been done.  Basically, so far up to 10:00 what we reasonably would expect is a dinged up front armor plate with some turret damage.  Does anyone see it differently?

After viewing that portion of the film, from 4:00 - 10:00 I concede that at this point damage was done but it is possible that the tank still was able to function, although their ears must have been bleeding from the impacts.  I would only question the amount of damage to turret. IMHO

The reason for the post.  I feel for SAJ, I have been in his place too many times.  Only in my case to add insult to injury, 1 hit from another tank and my eggshell armor peels away and I am looking at the familiar surroundings of the tower.  Notice somewhere after 24:00 in film a friendly comes in to closer range and in 2 hits broadside, close to the tracks the T34 goes down.  Possibly, in the future aim for the tracks if at all visible IDK. :headscratch:

Nice work all 3 guys  :salute
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:50:43 PM by Chilli »

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
Thank you Chilli  :cheers:

Yes, I guess it was alot of ricochet shots of those hits.. That would explain those weird dirt blows I saw together with the blink where I hit the tank. To me it seemed like I hit it, but still somehow my rounds just went through the tank and into the ground behind/under him. But I have not tanked enough to really see a ricochet happen yet, up close anyways. At this range it was hard to see if I got close at all. And you probably noticed by my first rounds that I have not much experience in a tank. Shooting way short, then way far and all over the place before I finally started to get some precission to my aim..  :rolleyes:

And yes, I probably should have sent the film to the support crew instead of posted it here. But I was not even sure if I got it right in here, posting the film I mean. Figured it was better to test that out in here for my first time, so now I know how to upload a film anyways.  :aok

As for the topic in this thread I consider it pretty much answered by you Chilli, the guy was parked in a hill and I was probably aiming for those parts of the tank that made my shots just bounce off him. I will recognize this setting for a later battle, if I see a tank in a similar position and my rounds don't do damage I'll have to try to adjust my aim some more to hit some part of the tank that may take damage. Like the tracks as you mentioned.  :salute
TheStig

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »
Thank you Chilli  :cheers:

Yes, I guess it was alot of ricochet shots of those hits.. That would explain those weird dirt blows I saw together with the blink where I hit the tank. To me it seemed like I hit it, but still somehow my rounds just went through the tank and into the ground behind/under him. But I have not tanked enough to really see a ricochet happen yet, up close anyways. At this range it was hard to see if I got close at all. And you probably noticed by my first rounds that I have not much experience in a tank. Shooting way short, then way far and all over the place before I finally started to get some precission to my aim..  :rolleyes:

And yes, I probably should have sent the film to the support crew instead of posted it here. But I was not even sure if I got it right in here, posting the film I mean. Figured it was better to test that out in here for my first time, so now I know how to upload a film anyways.  :aok

As for the topic in this thread I consider it pretty much answered by you Chilli, the guy was parked in a hill and I was probably aiming for those parts of the tank that made my shots just bounce off him. I will recognize this setting for a later battle, if I see a tank in a similar position and my rounds don't do damage I'll have to try to adjust my aim some more to hit some part of the tank that may take damage. Like the tracks as you mentioned.  :salute

Best thing to do is learn the armor values on the tank, some places will simply ricochet all day long even in Tigers. Run the film viewer on VERY SLOW speed and watch the impacts.

From a distance they look like kill shots, in film viewer it could be nothing.
JG 52

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
I once nailed a T34 hiding in some trees at 2k from my 88 with 20 AP in a row. He kept smoking then stopped smoking and fired back. I would hit him again and so forth. 20 rounds worth. Then eventualy a freindly aricraft bombs him and reports back that he had piles of vehical supplies laying around him and an M3 was almost to his position.

Don't suppose in this case that was possible.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 02:27:39 PM »
No, the T-34/76 just has a terrible cannon. I assume you meant the T-34/76, because an HVAP round from an 85 can one-shot a panther if you're lucky.

But the T-34/76 can only penetrate another T-34's hull at any real range with standard AP rounds by aiming at the lower hull, where the glacis plate starts to curve down to the bottom of the hull.

HVAP rounds will penetrate the glacis out to (IIRC) 350yds. Can't remember if the turret is vulnerable to standard AP rounds, and how far out the HVAP rounds penetrate to for the turret.

But yeah, its not the armor, the T-34/76 just has the 3rd worst cannon in the game when firing standard AP rounds (above only the M8's 37mm, and the Panzer IV F's 75mm L'24), and the HVAP rounds just do less damage.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"