Author Topic: It Got Bigggg Guns. Me410 on Front Page.  (Read 14514 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: It Got Bigggg Guns. Me410 on Front Page.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »
As much as I like my P38, I'd definitely be willing to learn this ride for the novelty alone.

If it becomes a dominant ride or is too prevalent, I won't bother.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »
As much as I like my P38, I'd definitely be willing to learn this ride for the novelty alone.

I see it getting lots of use on GVs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
It looks great and I look forward to playing with it.

As to it being perked, yeah right.

The only thing I can see as perkable, and that would only be if they added the "Perk Ordnance" system in the next version, would be the 50mm BK5 as it has the capability to snipe bombers from outside their defensive gun range.

The MG151/20 and MK103 loadouts are in no way perkable.

As to why you might fly the Bf110G-2 instead of the Me410, well, maybe you like to turnfight or maybe you like the Bf110 better or maybe you want to earn more perks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 11:44:07 AM »

If it performs better than the 110`s fighter wise should be a hoot!
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
I see it getting lots of use on GVs.

The BK5 should not get any AP, and with that the 410 should not be much different than the 110 in that role. A20 will still rule ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »
Yep.  Faster with better climb and likely more ammo than the 87 G2.  But I think the BK-5 will only have HE ammo, as I do not recall reading anywhere that it was used in the AT role.  Still, Panzer F's and H's will have to worry.  If you can take out those tanks fairly easy with a 9T's and 39's 37mm, it will be no problem for you to do it with the BK-5. :devil
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »

I hope it doesn't, otherwise it will be all you'll see in the MA. I still shudder when I remember the C-hog days...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
It should be a bit faster with better climb/acceleration, but the Bf110 should turn better.  No idea about roll rate.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
I hope it doesn't, otherwise it will be all you'll see in the MA. I still shudder when I remember the C-hog days...

Absolutely no danger of happening.

By the way, in some ways the P-51 is nowadays even more 'dominating' the AH battlefield than the C-hog was...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
The 110G turns very well as long as it has energy. Even if the 410 is a bit worse, it still can be a decent one.
Btw, its a bit slower than the spixteen, climbs, rolls, turns, accelerates, scissors a lot worse, all it has on the spit is guns. Eny10 or maybe 8.
Cant wait to try it...  damn, really
 :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
The 110 will not be replaced by the 410 because it's current G2 with the extra cannons throws easily as much damage downrange as most any 410 type.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »
I still shudder when I remember the C-hog days...

:old:  :devil

Those days stretched into months if I remember right.  :D

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
The 110G turns very well as long as it has energy. Even if the 410 is a bit worse, it still can be a decent one.
Btw, its a bit slower than the spixteen, climbs, rolls, turns, accelerates, scissors a lot worse, all it has on the spit is guns. Eny10 or maybe 8.
Cant wait to try it...  damn, really
 :lol
Unless the Me410 performs much better than I have seen indicated anywhere, the Mosquito Mk VI will be superior in terms of air-to-air capability below 13,000ft.

Does that dominate AH?  No.  There is no reason to think the Me410 will be a dominating factor.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
About the perk possibility.  I see that a rather large number of people wore their mystical turbins and brought their magic crystal balls with them today.

People are right, it's no equal to a spit 16 in everything but armament.  Armament however weighs heavier, upon examination, than almost any other atribute in the game in effecting a vehicle/plane's ENY.

Anyone familiar with the ENY scaling/difference between the two current 110 versions in game wouldn't hesitate to hedge that the 410 will be perked (BUT, if you're famiar with the ENY of the K4 (20.0), then only lord knows how high the 30mm armed 410 can go with its ENY).

Looking at the recent addition of the B-29 - surely it's healthy perk value is guaged from it being the hardest AC to takeoff with heavy in this game, its average (heavy) climbout time from 0-30k taking over an hour, or that it has (very well possibley) the highest spontaneous combustion from damage potential above the paper mache japaneese planes...

I got to get back to work for now.  I honestly don't think it will be perked - it's late war; it will live, thrive or die amongst K4s, D9s, 51Ds, SpitXVIs, LA7s... BUT to scale in line with the current 110 standard, it will have an ENY of 0.25 (so... IF it doesn't get perked (which it most likely shouldn't), are we finally going to see the german planeset's ENY (re-?)balanced?... that would be almost as cool as the brand spanking new 410 with a BK5. :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
With that logic we would have to perk the Spit 16, La7, 190D9 and so on... ;)

Many times in the history of AH planes and vehicles have lost all their popularity when a 'better' ride was introduced. That alone is no reason for perkage.
And unlike the Pony you are mentioning, the 410 will still be substrantially outclassed by most fighters and not being able to run away either.

Prediction: For the first weeks we will see the 410 everywhere as a novelty ride, and then it will simply replace the 110G, just with more buff hunting usage on top

The only kind of perking I could imagine was a seperate perked version for the BK-5, as it could be an effective bomber sniper in AH... but we'll see...

Those planes SHOULD be perked. But for some reason they aren't. They out perform every other plane in at least 1 category, with the exception of the Spit16. I dont understand why the La-7, 190D, P51D and K4 aren't perked. I'm not asking Tempest -50 perks, just 5 or even less. Theyre top of the line performers yet aren't limited whatsoever.

K4- Speed/acceleration
La-7 - Speed/Acceleration
P51- Speed/Ords
190D- Speed/Acceleration
Tempest -Speed/Acceleration
F4U4 - Everything
F4U1C - Firepower
Spit14 - Climb rate (the highest besides 163 IIRC)

With the 410, it would have the firepower that makes it eligible to be perked.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp