Author Topic: IraqVet  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: IraqVet
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 07:05:10 AM »
I played chicken with an RPG & lost.  :o
Oh yeah USRanger , What happen ?
I got a question for you guy's . When you guy's run across a big stash of weapons like you did up in Mosul , what do you do with them then ?
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
I got a question for you guy's . When you guy's run across a big stash of weapons like you did up in Mosul , what do you do with them then ?

FIREWORKS!
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
IraqVet & I fought in Mosul,Iraq at the same time, but I don't believe we met each other.  He woulda remembered me.  I was the the guy wearing tan with short hair & carrying a weapon, well multiple.

Well if he seen the movie BlackHawk Down, he would have seen you or your double.  :lol  the guy carrying the saw is your identical twin or you Ranger.  :x  I remember seeing your big ugly mug after you got stabbed in the forehead that you received for being the good guy back here in the real world.  I immediately knew that it was you that had been in the BlackHawk Down flick.  :devil

All the Best old Buddy...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
 :rofl  You're never gonna let me live that down.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 07:55:28 PM »
 ^ that would be a great caption this pic.  :D   

:salute to all who had and have the balls to serve.
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »

Just got back from Afghanistan myself.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
^ that would be a great caption this pic.  :D   

:salute to all who had and have the balls to serve.

Actually I'm not in that picture. My son is the soldier on the far right. He did two tours with the 1st Cavalry Division. Well actually a tour and a half he was badly wounded on February 5th 2007 during his second tour and airlifted to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio TX. His older brother also did a tour in Iraq with the 4th Infantry Division. I have nothing but respect for all of you young men that have served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

:salute

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
Vet, the only pic of me in the Army that I have on my pc was taken in South America while doing narco ops.  Doesn't help much with the facial recognition. :)  I need to find a scanner.

Well if he seen the movie BlackHawk Down, he would have seen you or your double.  :lol  the guy carrying the saw is your identical twin or you Ranger.  :x  I remember seeing your big ugly mug after you got stabbed in the forehead that you received for being the good guy back here in the real world.  I immediately knew that it was you that had been in the BlackHawk Down flick.  :devil

All the Best old Buddy...

Jay

Hard to believe it left zero scar! :lol  Enough about me though, this thread is for IraqVet.  I'm sure he has more interesting things to say anyway.  I'm about as boring & uninteresting as they come.  :salute fellas.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 08:43:11 PM »
Vet, the only pic of me in the Army that I have on my pc was taken in South America while doing narco ops.  Doesn't help much with the facial recognition. :)  I need to find a scanner.

Hard to believe it left zero scar! :lol  Enough about me though, this thread is for IraqVet.  I'm sure he has more interesting things to say anyway.  I'm about as boring & uninteresting as they come.  :salute fellas.

That's the kind of wound to have. Everything still works & you can tell the grand-kids about it when your old.  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
Vet, the only pic of me in the Army that I have on my pc was taken in South America while doing narco ops.  Doesn't help much with the facial recognition. :)  I need to find a scanner.

Boy youve got some hairy knuckles!

BTW nice shower curtain!  :aok :salute

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
That's the kind of wound to have. Everything still works & you can tell the grand-kids about it when your old.  :salute

Oh, I've had a few!  :lol  Again, no scar, except for a line about the width of a hair or two.  The RPG incident did leave one however (forgot to wear my titanium chaps that day). :salute

☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 05:57:37 AM »
I had a Browning 12 gage go off on the trap field when I pushed a fresh round in and it did my finger the same way . Pain for a while I tell you .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Just got back from Afghanistan myself.

<S>

Im glad to see so many other Vets on AH brings a  :) to me face......
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:01 AM »

Nothin wrong with this picture. I would recommend that you get a scanner and upload your pictures to your comp for safekeeping. If you have a fire or somthing they gone forever. I have mine all saved on a zip drive.  :aok
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works