Author Topic: whats the perk breakdown on objects?  (Read 903 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: whats the perk breakdown on objects?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
I'd actually enjoy doing Mosquito XVI trips to the "big city" as it feels a lot more historical due to the fact that Mosquito XVIs did a lot of sorties carrying a 'cookie' to Berlin but it is just not worth doing in any way in AH.

I think you guys are right. It happens very rarely in AH but there's nothing more fun the kaos of a large group of buffs at 15-20K with a large group of fighters that meet them at altitude.  :aok

Having the big city be high value target would generate more buff runs. Would that in turn, generate enough Folks who would up fighters in numbers to intercept them?

I would make it points and Perks and less "strategic" here's why.

Big points for strats would encourage lots of bombing runs on strats. taking down the strats would effect a lot of folks enjoying the arena in different ways. The buffs would force everyone to play their game, which I think would create the usual whining. (and with good reason)

I would instead, make the large expanse of city buildings destroyable, like the towns near airfields are (no fires or smoke due to graphics overhead). Like flattening Berlin. The buffs could earn points and perks for destroying the city, with a point multiplier earned for %percent of the city destroyed, meaning if you bomb it with 1% of the building down you get X points and Y perks, but if you bomb it with 60% of the building down you get 1.6*X points, 1.6*Y perks. The destroyed building would be linked to the plane that destroyed it until the building came up. The bombing players gets the highest multiplier scored while his building was down (or until he lands). This way if he's the first buff in on a 100 buff raid, and the raid ends up detroying 60% of the city, all buffs who knocked down buildings during the raid get a 1.6 multiplier. This encourages flattenning or progressive destruction. You could add the provision where if 100% of the city was flattened, The war ends with the leading country winning (in the case where the leading team was the country who's city was flattened, then the secondnd place country wins). It would be very hard to see a few standing buildings, so this would be hard. Could be made easier by adjusting the % destroyed to win variable.

The strats still count as they do today.  
Who is John Galt?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
I'd tripple it at least. So many times I've done strat runs and made it through over an hour long bomber sortie (1.5 hours sometimes) to land with 5 perks at BEST.... And by the time I land it's just about respawned anyways.

Tripple at the bare minimum. Make it 10x higher if you want folks to actually attempt to bomb it regularly.

perhaps you should get a different bomber.  i have landed more than that with only 4 500 bombs.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
perhaps you should get a different bomber.  i have landed more than that with only 4 500 bombs.

semp
When you hit the city's tiles?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-