Author Topic: Moderators in game  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
Re: Moderators in game
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:59 AM »
You need to discuss your issues directly with HTC, because they run this place.  This is not a democracy.  You have no rights.  In fact, that bears repeating: You have no rights.  Rather, you may be granted some privileges, if you behave.  There are no hard and fast rules about what will get you muted.  There is no official list of forbidden words.  The "rules" are deliberately vague, so HTC can have some latitude in dealing with immature behavior.  You are expected to comport yourself like a mature adult - a gentleman - and maintain an attitude of good sportsmanship.  

Bye!   :salute

So it is written, so let it be done. :huh Nothing like "deliberatly vague rules" and "no rights" to keep a game growing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:11:18 AM by Rich52 »
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2012, 04:20:31 AM »
I talk nonsense constantly and dont get muted,  :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2012, 06:04:20 AM »
I talk nonsense constantly and dont get muted,  :)

:aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »
The mods do a really good job of pissing people off, but that is about it,
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2012, 07:00:13 AM »
I got muted once because of my name that I had for 6 months.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2012, 07:10:49 AM »
Wait... a guy can have a name like "DICK" in the game and he can name his squad so when he lands kills we see SYSTEM: DICK landed 2 kill in a P51D of Choked to Death By DICK....? and you cant type his name out on 200? what a joke. Last night there were multiple F bombs dropped in many forms, and those guys kept on talkin.... sounds like some hard of hearing or just plain tarded MODS. Hitech YOU need to address this, Gameplay has gone Way Downhill last year or so... Love this Game have enjoyed playing and happily giving my money to Hitech last 4 years but I think I'm out for a while, gonna grab the update and play offline for a while.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2012, 07:27:32 AM »
Wait... a guy can have a name like "DICK" in the game and he can name his squad so when he lands kills we see SYSTEM: DICK landed 2 kill in a P51D of Choked to Death By DICK....? and you cant type his name out on 200? what a joke. Last night there were multiple F bombs dropped in many forms, and those guys kept on talkin.... sounds like some hard of hearing or just plain tarded MODS. Hitech YOU need to address this, Gameplay has gone Way Downhill last year or so... Love this Game have enjoyed playing and happily giving my money to Hitech last 4 years but I think I'm out for a while, gonna grab the update and play offline for a while.

Some folks' real name is DICK!  :aok

I don't see an issue

as far as the "F"bomb, I didn't think that was even possible on 200 :huh

I've been muted several times for saying d0uchbg, as well as banned from these forums for it  :D, Yet a while back my shade for a month was D0UCHEBG  :headscratch:  go figure :huh

see ya in a couple weeks ;)

JUGgler
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:31:05 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:12 AM »
I can see why people are upset. We all know mods should be perfect. Mods should be online 24/7 so that they know everything said by everyone in every arena all the time. They should not let their own game play interfere with reading everything anyone types and they should also hear every word on range channel for the whole arena.  Anything less than perfection is unacceptable in a volunteer.   :devil

I think it's great that all the people complaining about mods in this thread have stepped up and volunteered to be Mods themselves so that they can demonstrate how easy it is to meet the standards they feel are appropriate.  :lol

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2012, 07:35:40 AM »
I heard what Dolby said and had log and sit down it a darkened room for 20 mintues, Yarbles was in tears and also logged :)

It was appalling really  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 07:47:12 AM »
Anything less than perfection is unacceptable in a volunteer.  

I think it's great that all the people complaining about mods in this thread have stepped up and volunteered to be Mods themselves so that they can demonstrate how easy it is to meet the standards they feel are appropriate.

I believe you've hit on the very crux of the matter, sir!  Happily, we've now identified an imperfect mod. 

Sterilize.

If you've ever had mod responsibilities you'd appreciate better what a difficult job it is.  I did it for some time in a much smaller arena.  I can't imagine what it's like in one of the MAs.

And yet, somehow, there seem to be people who never get muted.  One wonders how that is possible.

- oldman

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »
Dolby dissed pies openly on vox.

JG 52

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »
I can see why people are upset. We all know mods should be perfect. Mods should be online 24/7 so that they know everything said by everyone in every arena all the time. They should not let their own game play interfere with reading everything anyone types and they should also hear every word on range channel for the whole arena.  Anything less than perfection is unacceptable in a volunteer.   :devil

I think it's great that all the people complaining about mods in this thread have stepped up and volunteered to be Mods themselves so that they can demonstrate how easy it is to meet the standards they feel are appropriate.  :lol

There are many people in this thread who have volunteered.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2012, 07:59:34 AM »
HTC has told all of us that "MODERATORS" and the discussion/questioning of.....

is not a topic for open discussion......... been telling all of us for 13 years straight

HTC will only discuss this in 1 on 1,  privately

via email and possibly personal message??????

hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:02:53 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
Are we sure this isn't an occurance of mass reporting that caused an auto ban?

Does that exist?

Dolby needs to stop e.mailing aces high customers' employers in his jihad to expose people he thinks are not who they say they are.

That said, I shot up an enemy city with a tank and someone asked me how I got there.

I answered "remote spawn hack" and added "kidding" and got chat banned because a few squaddies were peeved that they lost multiple planes trying to bomb**** the tank in thier city.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:38:43 AM by icepac »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2012, 08:12:05 AM »
Why are people that insist on poking a sleeping lion with a stick are suddenly surprised when the lion wakes up and mawls their ass?

ack-ack

Your answering the wrong queston. The right question is why are we using Lions for moderators?

If it was unjust. HTC will fix it. Take it to them, politely and not to the boards.  :salute
Who is John Galt?