Author Topic: Italian Aircraft  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
Re: Italian Aircraft
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:28 AM »
+1 for more italian fighters and bombers
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
We will not get the SM.82 as a troop transport because it would be very much more effective than the C-47A being faster, armed and tougher.  We might get the Ju52 as a transport as it gives the choice to be extremely slow and armed or to be slow an unarmed.

The SM.82 might be added as a bomber.  A better bomber choice would be the Savoia-Marchetti SM.79-II or Cant Z.1007.
Why that make no sense that is why it would be added because it is Better than the C-47 Skytrain
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Why that make no sense that is why it would be added because it is Better than the C-47 Skytrain

It doesn't create an interesting choice.  The Ju52 and C-47 would be an interesting choice.  The B-17G or Lancaster is an interesting choice.

When one unit is simply vastly better in all ways than the other the choice isn't there anymore.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »
It doesn't create an interesting choice.  The JU52 and C-47 would be an interesting choice.  The B-17G or Lancaster is an interesting choice.

When one unit is simply vastly better in all ways than the other the choice isn't there anymore.
The answer is simple have AH limit it to a Armed Transport
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »
The answer is simple have AH limit it to a Armed Transport
How is that simple?  It leaves you in the same place, no real choice as the SM.82 is simply superior.  It is faster, tougher and armed.  The choice between the Ju52 and C-47 is interesting because you get the choice of speed or guns, but either way you lose something.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »
How is that simple?  It leaves you in the same place, no real choice as the SM.82 is simply superior.  It is faster, tougher and armed.  The choice between the Ju52 and C-47 is interesting because you get the choice of speed or guns, but either way you lose something.

Ju-52 was also pretty armored as I remember - something to do with the skin of its body it was no way easy to shoot down (Not in the sense of an IL-2 tough).

JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
Yeah, courregated skin is generally tougher than smooth skin, though it also causes more drag, IIRC.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 08:08:43 PM »
Ju-52 was also pretty armored as I remember - something to do with the skin of its body it was no way easy to shoot down (Not in the sense of an IL-2 tough).

The Ju-52 also had a lot of empty space for the rounds to pass through.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
The Ju-52 also had a lot of empty space for the rounds to pass through.

ack-ack

Yeah but we don't have damage modeling like that, I would be in favor of having troops get killed - if a 47/52 were hit by AAA or fighters.
JG 52