Author Topic: Clash at Kursk Frame 2 Summary  (Read 430 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Clash at Kursk Frame 2 Summary
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
The Allied Ace was Dantoo, He was representing: Major Alexei Maras’yev – In April 1942 Maras’yev was shot down and severely injured both feet in the crash. It took him 19 days but he managed to crawl back to friendly lines. Determined to return to flying he was fitted with artificial feet and returned to flying combat missions at Kursk in the La-5. He shot down 10 of his 19 total enemy aircraft during the battle and was awarded the Gold Star of a Hero of the Soviet Union.

While flying his La-5FN Dantoo claimed 3 assists. He landed successfully at the end of the frame.

The Axis Ace was TxCoyote He was representing: Oberfeldwebel Hubert Strassl – Strassl claimed his first Soviet aircraft July 6th 1942. He then claimed 13 victories by the end of that year. He was then transferred away from the front for instructional duties. He returned in May of 1943 and by the end of June his score had reached 36 victories. He would then go on a four day hot streak shooting down 15 aircraft in 4 separate missions on July 5th then he would shoot down 4 on the 6th, 6 on July 7th and 5 on July 8th. His streak ran out later that day on July 8th when he baled out at low level and his parachute failed to open. Strassl was posthumously awarded the Knights Cross on November 12th 1943.

While flying his Bf 109G-6 TxCoyote was really trying hard to mimic a Hubert Strassl type kill streak shooting down 8 Soviet Aircraft! 2 Boston Mk IIIs flown by Trainee of ~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~, 4 P-40Ns flown by Filth, CptA, SIRB, BLBird of VMF-101 Nightmares and 2 P-40Ns flown by Spite and RELIC of Jokers Jokers and also claimed 1 assist. He landed successfully at the end of the frame.

Allied Ace Mission: 0
Axis Ace Mission: 160 Points (8 enemy kills landed successfully)

Allied Pilots: 162
Axis Pilots: 152

Allied Kills: 98
Axis Kills: 138

Allied Assists:53
Axis Assists: 87

Allied Objects Destroyed: 66
Axis Objects Destroyed: 43

Congratulations to Butcher for being the top allied scorer with 7 kills. Doc72CH had the most objects destroyed with 7.

Congratulations to TxCoyote being the top Axis scorer with 8 ACE victories and SlipKnot for having the most objects destroyed on the Axis side with 10.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:54:43 PM by Nefarious »
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Clash at Kursk Frame 2 Summary
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »
Would of liked to of racked up more, but instead I ran into entire JG11 by myself, not sure where all the rest of the allies were, i'm guessing shot down since everyone was in P40s and Bostons.
JG 52

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:04:16 PM »
Bah..it was a pick  :P

~AoM~

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
WTG TxCoyote for the outstanding ACE mission. You bring honor and pride to the LCA. Your efforts against the Russians have inspired your squadmates. You are hearby awarded the LCA title of "Ace of Aces".

I would like to thank JG11 for letting the TxCoyote tag along after his wingman (who was me) was shot down in the dogfight over V44.  :salute

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
WTG TxCoyote for the outstanding ACE mission. You bring honor and pride to the LCA. Your efforts against the Russians have inspired your squadmates. You are hearby awarded the LCA title of "Ace of Aces".

I would like to thank JG11 for letting the TxCoyote tag along after his wingman (who was me) was shot down in the dogfight over V44.  :salute

Our pleasure.

Well done TxCoyote.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -