Author Topic: What a bunch of crap!!!  (Read 6768 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: What a bunch of crap!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 10:45:33 PM »
I wasn't meaning any particular graph

Ah, there was my misunderstanding :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 10:55:36 PM »
It took me over a year to get to 300 perks flying brewsters, mossies, 38js, and f4fs... along with the occasional spit 5 or spit 9

Its no easy task getting kills in a Brewster/F4F - you are praying someone gets low/slow and wants to turn fight. Only way iv'e been able to fly it is coming off a carrier and climbing out to 7k, otherwise if you arn't 5k above something like an la7 they simply dont even need to move their stick.
JG 52

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
what really happened: skuzzy woke up in the morning and said "today is a good day, who's life should i make miserable today?". get up, clean up, head to office. 730am, have coffee, check boards. 745am go thru all user accounts. eenie meenie miney mo! catch a piggy by his his toe, and you are it today!! === W7LPNRICK, yes he shall receive my full and undivided attention today. rummage around, reboot some servers for fun, throw paper airplanes at dale.......check arena and look for W7LPNRICK. ah there he is, he shall now receive my attention.......gods eye in arena, fly around and find him. oh, there he is, look he's in a 262.....wait for it....wait for it...... dot udp user command hahahaha, look at him he! lost all those perkies......my day is made!! who shall i pick tomorrow?  

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
what really happened: skuzzy woke up in the morning and said "today is a good day, who's life should i make miserable today?". get up, clean up, head to office. 730am, have coffee, check boards. 745am go thru all user accounts. eenie meenie miney mo! catch a piggy by his his toe, and you are it today!! === W7LPNRICK, yes he shall receive my full and undivided attention today. rummage around, reboot some servers for fun, throw paper airplanes at dale.......check arena and look for W7LPNRICK. ah there he is, he shall now receive my attention.......gods eye in arena, fly around and find him. oh, there he is, look he's in a 262.....wait for it....wait for it...... dot udp user command hahahaha, look at him he! lost all those perkies......my day is made!! who shall i pick tomorrow?  

During Xmas one year, vanscrew decided to shoot down HTC who was flying as Santa, I wish someone still had that screenshot, he got disconnected from the server shortly after lol.
JG 52

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »
haha...I wonder if since shooting santa is like hitting AltF4, that this year due to the changes when you shoot at santa you get a pop up ...Are you sure you want to do this...  hahaha

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
You forget I've been playing for one year straight. Given an "Average" player like me a year to practice and learn, pretty sure others can achieve the same level.

I couldn't help myself and did another quick'n'dirty stats check.

The MR Average 148 which I was referring to was based on the whole arena of active player, including the (considerable number of) 2 weekers. So I tried to check how much the 'average' was improving when I reduced the sample to long time players.
The following graph shows the key fighter mode stat averages for 4 different levels:

1) All pilots of tour 148
2) All pilots of tour 148 who have also played the two tours before (which, among on/off players eliminates almost all 2 weekers)
3) All pilots of tour 148 having played at least 4 out of 5 previous tours (the 'regulars' of AH)
4) All pilots of tour 148 that had been around for a minimum of one year (of course that works only for players who didn't change their pilot id)

Quite rough and with some errors, but will work for my purposes

There's a notable jump after getting rid of the two weekers, but there is not exactly a dramatic improvement after that. Mr Average still get's barely beyond 1 kill every 2 sorties  :old:

Oh crap... now it's almost 7am... my wife will kill me  :uhoh

But I think it's a really nice hijack of an otherwise worthless thread  :devil  :bolt:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:43:54 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »
But I think it's a really nice hijack of an otherwise worthless thread  :devil  :bolt:

+1  :cheers:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »
LOL !
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »
I think these discoes are happening in real life :old:

It happened last week when I went to the pie shop :cry

I cannot see how my internet connection affected the pie shop to being cliosed? :cry

I also have lag and discoes when I am in a deep sleep as well :old:

my mrs says I am imagining it and should get out a more or paint the garden fence, I am unsure how this may solve the said problem :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
i might have got discoed and forgot my math.  :angel:

I also realized I am not really flying much, but drinking, sitting in guns and watching tv, so yeah, I'm set.  :D

oh just picked up golf last month. PFFFFFFFFFF. I'm gone. :uhoh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:07:44 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
It took me over a year to get to 300 perks flying brewsters, mossies, 38js, and f4fs... along with the occasional spit 5 or spit 9

It helps to shoot something down once in a while.....  ;)

I got 21 perks tonight with just 3 kills in a 109G2
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:02 AM »
Has said lag affect your golf?

How are you Kvuo?

I am partaking in Rum and coke which I believe may affect lag in game and also out of game ie pie shop being closed at 2.30 in the morning :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »

How are you Kvuo?

I am partaking in Rum and coke which I believe may affect lag in game and also out of game ie pie shop being closed at 2.30 in the morning :old:

I'm doing well, I trust you're doing likewise!

I've never heard of a scouser drinking rum.. tequila next!
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:16 AM »
I'm doing well, I trust you're doing likewise!

I've never heard of a scouser drinking rum.. tequila next!

:cheers:

The Few GFC

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 06:44:52 AM »

How are you Kvuo?

You should open a 24 hour pie shop drive-thru. maybe call it Mcmeaty's.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID