Author Topic: who is the numer 1 squad  (Read 8332 times)

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
Re: who is the numer 1 squad
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
And you are?

:D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:15:39 AM by MickDono »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
Fly bombers at 40K - rank 1
Fly a 262 - rank 1
Join a horde - rank 1 (attack mode)
Camp a spawn - rank 1

Obviously a 1 week noob can't do it, but the average guy sure can. (Average" being based on your charts)

Even more nonsense. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »
I fought with Nuke in 1v1, he wasnt as bad. There is a reason i wasnt trying to insult him back. Never meant to start a cursefest over his bagatell BS.

Flying in numbers grows the score for sure. In the other hand, in my opinion it isnt the ideal situation for growing skills. Of course a 5v5, 10v10 can be just as much fun or even more, than an 1v1. When i said, those who are giving me good fights, i counted the 2v2s, 5v5s etc in. Yes, it takes skills to win those situations. But, in the other hand, in a 3v1, setting up someone for a pick, aka double teaming, just makes no sense, just like upping a squad of tempests/doras/ponies/whatever, BnZing then running away.
At the end, score isnt a good indicator for the skill.
AoM
City of ice

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2012, 08:27:58 AM »
Go easy on them Snail, I have already shown my boys Just how easy it is *too* game the rank system, Look at Mavericks attack only done 2 Ju88 sortie and yet I hold #2?

I am sure you understand they mean somebody that knows the ranking system can easily achieve#1 in any category they wish.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:31:04 AM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
And you are?

:D

Didn't we already DAed each other ? Came out as a tie if I remember :).

You drop 1 bomb in every town center with a Ki-67 or B-29 and voila, most boring and easiest score to get. Do it a couple more times, rank 1. Get a capture, and you're there for the rest of the tour.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2012, 08:38:15 AM »
I also forgot semp, With my uncls account DrBone being in Top Gun we held #1 Overall along with #1 in Attack.

So when my uncl left the squad to fly solo for a bit rank changed, as it is now we hold #1 Attack.

We dont base our fun on the ranks we achieve only the lemmings/hordes we kill in the MA.

=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

I am sure you understand they mean somebody that knows the ranking system can easily achieve#1 in any category they wish.

Yes, it's easy to "game" the rank system in as much as some things are helpful (or even necessary for score) and a few are not.
But there's a limit to it. It's not just about deciding to go for #1 and then you are. Only a very small percentage of players can do that. Because to be number #1 you don't have just to do a few things, but you have to do them well. With like 4000 players in the arena, you really think it's just a matter of wanting to be fighter #1? I should have been #1 in fighters a few times then. You don't have the single best dueller to rank number 1 in fighters, but you need a strong set of skills to get k/d k/s K/h and points high enough at the same time, even when "flying with the horde" or vulching all the time. It's way beyond the capabilities of the ordinary player, who can be glad when he's getting one kill for each death under ordinary conditions.

Yeah just fly a 262 to get #1... where does the average joe get the perks for all that jets he will inevitably lose? Why arent the dozens of jet pilots per tour #1 all the time? Just fly with the horde to get attack #1... as if that is not being done by thousands of palyers per tour  :rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »
You drop 1 bomb in every town center with a Ki-67 [...] and voila, most boring and easiest score to get.

Low damage/sorties
Low overall damage points
Not particular strong hit%

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »

I agree with Lusche in one respect but in another respect I dont :)

Then again I do :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:26 AM »
Yes, it's easy to "game" the rank system in as much as some things are helpful (or even necessary for score) and a few are not.
But there's a limit to it. It's not just about deciding to go for #1 and then you are. Only a very small percentage of players can do that. Because to be number #1 you don't have just to do a few things, but you have to do them well. With like 4000 players in the arena, you really think it's just a matter of wanting to be fighter #1? I should have been #1 in fighters a few times then. You don't have the single best dueller to rank number 1 in fighters, but you need a strong set of skills to get k/d k/s K/h and points high enough at the same time, even when "flying with the horde" or vulching all the time. It's way beyond the capabilities of the ordinary player, who can be glad when he's getting one kill for each death under ordinary conditions.

Yeah just fly a 262 to get #1... where does the average joe get the perks for all that jets he will inevitably lose? Why arent the dozens of jet pilots per tour #1 all the time? Just fly with the horde to get attack #1... as if that is not being done by thousands of palyers per tour  :rolleyes:

That is where alot of players go wrong by thinking only certain categories are of need to be #1.  You aint telling me nothing I dont already know forgive my Members they have not had the chance for me to explain it full length.

Notice I said those that "know the ranking system"  :cheers:
=The Damned=

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
There's only one thing I will say to Semp

You are in the number one squad already.

Why ask what doesn't need to be asked?

WE ARE THE SWINE ONLINE.... WE DINE AND LOVE TO JEAR THE REDGUYS WHINE

lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
That is where alot of players go wrong by thinking only certain categories are of need to be #1.  

Even when they do know, they just can't do it, especially in fighters. The minimum skill level required is higher than the average skill level. With so many players trying to get a good rank (with many more simply being that 'good'), it's not just a matter of choice.

"no skill is needed at all" or "anyone could do it" is plain & simply wrong.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »
There's only one thing I will say to Semp

You are in the number one squad already.

Why ask what doesn't need to be asked?

WE ARE THE SWINE ONLINE.... WE DINE AND LOVE TO JEAR THE REDGUYS WHINE

lawndart
This is all that should matter to a squadmate not be all worried about others.  :salute  Pigs On The Wing  :salute
=The Damned=

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »
Even when they do know, they just can't do it, especially in fighters. The minimum skill level required is higher than the average skill level. With so many players trying to get a good rank (with many more simply being that 'good'), it's not just a matter of choice.

"no skill is needed at all" or "anyone could do it" is plain & simply wrong.
I can go for it at any time only thing that lacks for me at the end of the month is Kill Points.

I already understand how it works and why so many cannot.

Apologies If I gave you any impression other wise.
=The Damned=

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:01 AM »
1st Guns and 367th dynamite gang were some of the finest squads i've ever flown with, however I am quite happy being in TG.

Never a dull moment especially when google is squeezing nads to talk like a girl on vox :)

JG 52