Author Topic: Favorite Aces High memories?  (Read 8276 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Favorite Aces High memories?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
killing 5 of a 5vs1

out maneuvering and killing 3 brews lo and slow on the deck in a 4vs1 (the 4th a yak ran home wounded) :rock

killing LYNX twice in a row (was waiting for that to happen took a couple years to get revenge for him killing me 6 times in a row in my very early days :lol)

killing 4 P47's in a 4 vs 1

absolutely dominating in a off FSO night with no icons....almost got more kills by myself then both sides put together  :rock

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »
Thanks Oboe,

Me, I have lots of old memories, but ALL of mine revolve around the people I fly with. The jokes, the wise cracks, heart pounding missions we pulled off and would talk about for days, the stupid stunts. Best night of the week was "squad night"! First day I flew in Aces I was flying with "TRIX!". He was a hard core F4u driver VERY big into bringing his plane home. As I moved up beside him to fly his wing he yelled out on "Roger Wilco" (ya that long ago!). "No too close, they have collisions on here!" I spent the rest of the night doing barrel rolls around his plane! LOL!!! Of course being newbs here we didn't know the "friendly" collisions were off so it was a problem, but to hear him yell every time I rolled around him..... priceless.  :devil

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
Most recently while flying Knights I ran into one of the Devil Dogs massive bomber missions. There was no way I was going to do any damage to them with just a 109F4, so I went head on with them twisting and turning around all the tracers from 6 different bombers. I've never seen so may tracers flying past my canopy before!  :lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Landing my first sortie with two kills... back in the day over Lake Furball, when I saw two 110's trying to sneak around the mountain to vulch our base. I was so terribly excited while creeping up on them  :x

Or my my first really great 1-1 in the main, an epic fight against another La-7. We complimented each other on that great fight and felt like heroes. Years later I found that film and discovered, that our epic dogfight was just a brawl of two horrible n00bs, reminding me more of a pursefight by two one-legged, blindfolded grannies  :uhoh  :lol

My first 262 sortie, which ended quickly because I accepted a Ho from a 190  :ahand

The first time I killed a set of Lancs not by shooting them down, but by distracting the pilot until he flew directly into a mountain  :devil

Bombing the prime camping spot in old Tank Town from 25k  :devil

The first WTG from Betty on range vox in tour 70. I was actually surprised to hear a female voice   :o

The endless streams of cheating accusations by SOAR and The Cowgirls from-you-know-where....  :banana:

Flying around for hours in a scenario without seeing any action  :bhead

Having Ltown as a CO in another scenario  :bhead

Massive armored drives on that old map made by fester that was removed with the new arena setup in 2006

60+ Players in Tank town on Trinity every night  :cry

800 Players in the MA  :rock

Being shot down by JensK so often in a row that I logged off totally demoralized  :ahand

Killing 999000 in a Hurri I  :x

A big Lvt vs Lvt battle (I stil have a overll K/D of 5 in the LVTA4 just becasue of that single one battle  :lol )

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
Dove in on a furball with a c.202 to clear a friendlies 6, told him over vox to break left hard I was diving in, he banked left and I got deflection shots on three aircraft, I pulled a loop to bring it around, then I hear a double bang - two crashed into the ocean. I shot down the third, and furballed some more and ended up landing 7 kills in a c202.

"He must of re-armed, or vulched a runway" was the comments flying all over 200, I earned fair and square although 2 did crash:)
JG 52

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
I was bringing in troops to a base via C47. I landed on a slope facing the base waiting to await
the all clear. Upon landing, I knocked a wing off. I figured I was done.
Then got idea to knock other wing off, rolled down hill, got lift and took the base :D

In AH1, landed 26's in tree cluster (stalled, not on purpose,lol)
Someone in LVT (as I was), snapped a shot of my Lvt which appeared to be hovering even, to the enemy :rofl :rofl
Too many to list
Found the LVT shot, scroll down page :rofl

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,233481.0.html

:cheers: Oz
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:04:00 PM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
When I beat Grizz after he made look silly my first 2 times dueling him.  :airplane: :salute

I have many memories but one I just thought of was reversing Joachim's diving spit16 in the furball lake and him saying I must be cheating  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

I have many memories but one I just thought of was reversing Joachim's diving spit16 in the furball lake and him saying I must be cheating  :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Heya Batty hows things??

:salute

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
 :salute slow and steady with a hint of excitement Morf.

How about yourself?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »
:salute slow and steady with a hint of excitement Morf.

How about yourself?

Had more excitement than I could handle this past weekend...... But a cup of jasmine tea and I'm better now! :devil

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
This one is my favorite, because it all started because my friend Lazer was upset that Furball Lake was taken.    Rather than piss and moan, I called on some friends to get the ball rolling.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,161960.0.html

Also.

I created two Candy Mountains that contained nothing but Stukas.    The first one contained 72, but the second contained 102.   The highlight?    Someone never grabbed a goon and we flattened two bases, I still laugh with SHawk over that one.   

All three instances were enjoyed tremendously by the participants, which made them all worth it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 06:57:20 PM »

:rofl  :aok :ahand

:salute batty
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »
The largest Snapshot in AH2 history with almost the entire MA crowd turning out for it.

Pulverizer, the D-Day invasion. I got it on film. Prehistoric by my current film standards.. but still an epic view.

I won the second frame as highest scoring pilot overall with four in a Spit-8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jukt-kTOQs&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw&index=5&feature=plcp

Another old one was my own squad "95th RAAF "Nukers" / "BATTLE-HAWKS" and our "shenanigans"

This one was an NOE HQ Raid involving something like 40 people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-Gv_kokOo&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

Dogfighting a 262 in a B-24 while racking up three 163s and the prop driven fighter. Was a long fight, but we knocked down the HQ with many a plane both destroyed and lost. A truly exciting campaign.

Then there was Delta's MoM missions, the one I recorded on film, while having its original music removed by You-tube was fantastic. Aluminum Cloud, one of the largest MoM's ever launched numbering an incredible amount of B-24's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3lJrEu2l1Y&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

Most of us got home, besides the interference from those dang 190's.

My young Squad of professional Trouble Makers, which has been revived as "THE TOP-GUN TROLL PATROL" was named "SQUEEKING DEATH"
they were the days where (until very recently), I had the most fun possible in AH2. I cry inside at the fact that I am the last remaining active member of the original Squad and that none of them stayed to see the plane we so cried for "The B-29" make it to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnplqAQAb0&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNMRKUjIak&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CU-7huO474&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9J5FepIabc&feature=BFa&list=UUoYUFyMsQQuYXspQWwJp9Cw

^^^ Our Antics still live on, just in the pages of history, and with the help of my two best friends 1Sum41 and 1ce.... I mean Redbull. They will return to a scale uncomprehendable to anyone save various deity's and a few devil's.

So there you go, MY favorite memories in my 5 years of AH2.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »

killing LYNX twice in a row (was waiting for that to happen took a couple years to get revenge for him killing me 6 times in a row in my very early days :lol)

Late Friday nights listening to Lynx on squad vox after one to many beers (Ales) I  swear I learned  every British swear word in the book.  :lol

Or his

"afk cuppa" ( I still hold out hope that one day ill see this come across the chat buffer)  :D

Great guy to fly and be around  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 07:20:28 PM »
The night we found a bug where the 163 base was capturable and we NOEd it and flew 163s all night :rock

Truth.  :rock
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.