Author Topic: Squad MOTD ?  (Read 453 times)

Offline 2DIE4

• Zinc Member
      • The Fighting 420th
Squad MOTD ?
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:28:47 PM »
Long time player just coming back after a break. I cant seem to get my squad MOTD to work. I've searched the forums for some incite on my problem, but haven't found a solution. I did notice discussions about it not working. Can someone confirm this or is it possibly a change I don't know about. If it's working could someone refresh my lack of knowledge. Thanks guys :cheers:
Smoke em if you can...!!!!

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Re: Squad MOTD ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
I can't get the squad MOTD to auto pop-up when a person logs in.  Assuming this is a bug.   They can however see the MOTD if they go into the O'Club and click the button on the clipboard... which no one does.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
I don't think there is a way to get the squad MOTD to pop up automatically, you've always has to go to the O'Club and click it.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Long time player just coming back after a break. I cant seem to get my squad MOTD to work. I've searched the forums for some incite on my problem, but haven't found a solution. I did notice discussions about it not working. Can someone confirm this or is it possibly a change I don't know about. If it's working could someone refresh my lack of knowledge. Thanks guys :cheers:

2DIE4,
   I recently tried it for use with my squad and it worked fine. Note however, it does not "pop up"
automatically when a squaddie enters the arena.
  First thing you do is open "Notepad" or some other text editor, work up the body of
your message, and then select is as a .TXT file and save it to your "motd" folder in the Aces
High directory. As I formed up my squad my file MUST be called oddcaf.txt
  Then fire up the game itself, go to the "O'Club", select "Squads", then select "upload"
from the "Message Of The Day"area in there.
  Once your squaddies (or yourself) are in the arena they can just go into the "O'Club"
themselves and select "View" from within the Squad Message Of The Day area.

You may have to be the actual CO of the squad for this to work. ie: the guy who
formed the squad in the first place.

Regards, Odd

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
That is odd, because the CJ's have their site address as the MOTD and it pops up on me every single time I log into the arena. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:34:39 PM »
That is odd, because the CJ's have their site address as the MOTD and it pops up on me every single time I log into the arena. :headscratch:
Yeah it's been very inconsistent with the pop-up function, and without the auto pop-up there is no functionality, people can just visit forums instead.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline A8balls

• Copper Member
      • http://a8s.us
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »
Turn the OS's pop-up blocker off?
Aces & 8s Since 2006

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »
Turn the OS's pop-up blocker off?

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline 2DIE4

• Zinc Member
      • The Fighting 420th
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
I know you can go to O club and manually pull it up, that part I got to work. It use to pop up evertime you entered an arena. That is focus of my question. I am the CO, you no how some squadies need everything done for them. If it doesn't pop up, its useless. Just wanted to know if it was me or AH. Thanks for all the input guys.
Smoke em if you can...!!!!

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
I know you can go to O club and manually pull it up, that part I got to work. It use to pop up evertime you entered an arena. That is focus of my question. I am the CO, you no how some squadies need everything done for them. If it doesn't pop up, its useless. Just wanted to know if it was me or AH. Thanks for all the input guys.
I agree 100%.  +1 fix the Bug!  The MOTD is supposed to pop-up.

Ask Skuzzy, if it's named MOTD it should always show up when logging in (at least it does on Solaris).  :bolt:

Regards,

Pandemonium