Author Topic: Looking for info on "Mongolian Warrior" White 52  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Re: Looking for info on "Mongolian Warrior" White 52
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »
slightly different print of the same pic, with a better view of 52. I don't know enough about VVS colours to say (don't even know why i have these pics). It's certainly not the same as the red in the star, but it could maybe be an orange-y shade like on the second profile posted? My guess though is that both cowling and spinner are the same yellow.
(Image removed from quote.)
I would agree with you on that, they look exactly the same shade, and btw a big thanks to all you guys for helping find this info, and another big thanks to oboe for considering making it  :salute guys
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 04:20:14 PM »
My pleasure.  I got so stuck on doing 38's its hard to pick up a new a/c.   There are things I like about the LA-5FN - its a hot rod of it fighter for its time, and its a good-looking fighter.  That scheme you posted just caught my eye.   

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 04:30:27 PM »
 :) I also like the scheme, as I think it is also historacly important as it represents Mongolia's ( a country that is often over looked in modern times) contributions to the GPW, no matter how small I think it is just another way to show the scale of the war  :salute
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
Don't know if this skin was done or not found some new information on this Russian site.

http://airaces.narod.ru/all3/mayorov.htm

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:33 PM »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »
Was it ever submitted?  I'd forgotten about this one but did not realize someone else had already gotten so far.   

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
that's the old LA-5 3D model
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com