Author Topic: randomly muted.  (Read 1501 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
Re: randomly muted.
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
If you feel you were muted unfairly just call HTC Skuzzy will look into it. If it was a mass reporting and you didn't do anything wrong then whoever reported you will have to answer to Skuzzy for false reporting. Just call HTC.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
If you feel you were muted unfairly just call HTC Skuzzy will look into it. If it was a mass reporting and you didn't do anything wrong then whoever reported you will have to answer to Skuzzy for false reporting. Just call HTC.

Betty, Midway being muted can't be false. I think Einstein wrote a theory about it. :huh

Besides what are you doing in here? Don't you have Pitbulls to save on Facebook?  :ahand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
Betty, Midway being muted can't be false. I think Einstein wrote a theory about it. :huh

Not sure what I said to deserve the mute and I did send an email to the support address to find out.  I said nothing remotely involving cursing or name calling.  I do admit to pushing TwinBoom's buttons, in fun, he being the enemy, knowing he couldn't respond due to probably being muted as well, and did enjoy the subsequent fights and resulting pwnage he laid on me.  Many have disparaged my fighting and choice of aeroplanes plenty so I considered it routine joshing. 

Having been involved on the other side of this with others, also while I was muted to where I couldn't respond, I did not think what i said was a mute worthy incident.

I see far worse on 200 often, and not being sure what exactly the rules are with respect to pushing the enemy's buttons, it seems I am finding out the hard way by approaching the line to see if I stepped over it.

I'm thinking that maybe if enough people aren't happy with you and you start to push someone's buttons on 200, lots of people see it as a reason to express their dislike of you for previous events and they start reporting you.  After some fixed number of reports within a fixed period of time, the result is an automatic 8 day mute.

Not sure that it's fair since others may be biased from prior events and are incorrectly reporting you for what appears to be a less than mute worthy interaction with one player on 200.

Learning the limits as I go, and bearing the resulting punishment, whether deserved imho or not.

I won't go into the specific details here and will let HTC respond to my email instead after they review the logs. :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 09:54:26 AM »
I would like to add that HTC did review the logs and while I am close to the line, I was just informed that I did get my privileges back.

So, point is if you think it was an unjust mute, HTC will take their time to review and make it right, if appropriate.

:salute HTC :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »
I would like to add that HTC did review the logs and while I am close to the line, I was just informed that I did get my privileges back.

So, point is if you think it was an unjust mute, HTC will take their time to review and make it right, if appropriate.

:frown:
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:49 PM »

so you were close to the line but still think it was unjust.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.