Author Topic: AI ground support vehicles at fields  (Read 781 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
AI ground support vehicles at fields
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »
HTC did such a fantastic job on the beta's trucks - its a shame to leave them hidden in the hangar:

I think it'd be cool to see these trucks dispersed at locations around fields as valid targets, better yet some of them under AI control - every so often a truck leaves a hangar or storage facility and drives out to the rearm pad and parks for a while to unload.   These should be destroyable, and if in motion while hit, they could burst into flame and coast to a stop, burn for a minute or so and then disappear.   Filmmakers can never resist action like that.

AI jeeps could drive from a barracks or the O'club Quonset hut to the tower, stop for a bit, and then go somewhere else on the field in sort of a random even circuit (following the roads of course).

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: AI ground support vehicles at fields
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »
Well we have convoy trucks to shoot at now...........

but

AI fire tenders trying to put out fires...........shoot them and the fires burn longer?
AI jeeps driving from ammo dumps to re arm pads............ shoot them and re arming takes longer (although why bother when you can also shoot the guy on the re arm pad)
AI Jeeps driving to GGuns just before they repair.........shoot them and the ggun does not repair until a jeep makes it. (this would also give you some warning that they are about to suddenly warp into action)

Ludere Vincere

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »
Well we have convoy trucks to shoot at now...........

but

AI fire tenders trying to put out fires...........shoot them and the fires burn longer?
AI jeeps driving from ammo dumps to re arm pads............ shoot them and re arming takes longer (although why bother when you can also shoot the guy on the re arm pad)
AI Jeeps driving to GGuns just before they repair.........shoot them and the ggun does not repair until a jeep makes it. (this would also give you some warning that they are about to suddenly warp into action)

Cool idea. Make the rearm pads able to be destroyed. Ammo strat effects the downtime.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:12:01 PM »
I am all up for more stuff to blow up...   :D
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »
Use the trucks to tow manned 37mm AT guns   :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »
BETTER YET!!!!!! when you make a dead stick landing with gear down and your off concrete but at the field ie just short of the runway or just far or maybe even next to it the vehicle can pull your plane to the concrete. Or make the animation not as fun but more doable for HTC the vehicle is with in ___feet away (possibly a friendly GV) and you get a landed message instead of ditched.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »
The group of trucks on base in the WWI arena in AH3 have the puffy ack in the beds.  I do like the idea of AI vehicles moving about in a daily routine though.  Maybe a few AI moving to positions or moving shooting at enemies approaching the base.  They could be activated by an enemy approaching and scamper out like cockroaches from hangers.  Curtailed by the VH or VHs being destroyed.  It would hamper taking of bases though.
"One-Eye"

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 02:41:52 PM »
can we get hospital trucks to meet pilots landing who are injured,and fire truck for bombers coming home that are damaged?? :salute

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 06:04:38 PM »
and.....flame thrower option on some tanks to start fires  :devil
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'