Author Topic: Leaving the country blowout sale!  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
Re: Leaving the country blowout sale!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Mosin-Nagant M91 7.62x54R infantry rifle manufactured in 1927-$100

picture?
OEF 11-12

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »
I lived down there of and on from 85 until 2009....... it can be quiet stressful at times, especially if you lose just about everything you own....

here is a theory to ponder:
you have a full time job ( or perhaps you are in the Navy.Marines, armed forces etc ), yet you live off base.... and the following news in the below link happens...it hits where you live! youtry to call in but the phones are down, and you have no way to go/travel due to the flooding and the blocked roadways........so you either end up being fired for not showing up or calling in to work, or even worse if you are armed forces, er Navy, you get sent up to captain's mast.....

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/47969893/#47969893

Hurricane Floyd caused me to be  fired back in 99, but once we went to mediation, the 2 managers got let go and I was asked to come back to work....... I told them no thanks....

also, maybe he was refering to leaving "the country"  as in out in the country, verses meaning leaving the country of the US........  just some thoughts

keep your chin up ASTAC ......  no matter how hard you think it is or will get..... 

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »
$6K an acre for swampland? I'll give you $600 for the 5 acres.

Land isnt cheap in Florida. Specially not central florida where its very limited. Ive seen an acre on the beach go for around 10K.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
The land is NOT swampland. It's actually 5.71 Acres so it's less than 6k/acre, and I paid less than I am asking for it. But I was going to try and make a little profit.

However I am now required to withdraw everything except the Ford 500, as the wife has brought out her own "Ban Hammer" and I must retract my comments about moving. Damn Woman!

Sorry guys. The guns may go up for sale again at a later date.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:01:46 AM by Skuzzy »
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Land isnt cheap in Florida. Specially not central florida where its very limited. Ive seen an acre on the beach go for around 10K.

An acre on the beach for $10 grand??
And your saying thats not cheap?

I'll buy it.
Here in NJ $10 grand might buy you my driveway. And thats only 50 ft long and about 10 Ft wide
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
The land is NOT swampland. It's actually 5.71 Acres so it's less than 6k/acre, and I paid less than I am asking for it. But I was going to try and make a little profit.

However I am now required to withdraw everything except the Ford 500, as the wife has brought out her own "Ban Hammer" and I must retract my comments about moving. Damn Woman!

Dude. Your not supposed to tell the wife your leaving the country.
She might want to go with you.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:00 AM »
band saw sounds good
Comes with a pie cutter attachment too?

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 06:04:35 AM »
Dude. Your not supposed to tell the wife your leaving the country.
She might want to go with you.

:lol
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
An older gentleman once told me the secret to marital bliss:

"On our 25th wedding anniversary, I took my wife to Hawaii.  On the 50th, I picked her up." 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
Did they beat the record we have.... 43" in three days?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »

I'll pitch in if you want to leave the country for good.  I'll get you a first class ticket anywhere you want.  I am just trying to help you as I believe you are making a mistake by staying since you wont be happy.  anything i can do for a fellow ah'er.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.