Author Topic: My Contribution to the Community...  (Read 6861 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: My Contribution to the Community...
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »
Again, you entirely miss the point of what I'm saying. Is it an impressive accomplishment? Yes. Is it made more impressive by being in a spitfire? No, not really. Is it made more impressive by being in a spit 16? Hell no.

It's no more or less impressive in a Spit than it is in any other plane unless you know the specifics of the kills.

Is a Pony D picking in a furball or a 110 vulching more impressive than a Spit XVI duking it out in a one on four and coming out victorious?  Even if the first two have 10 kills each?  I think not.  I've done the latter against relatively good sticks in good planes (once against a La-7, N1K1, P-51D and something else I forget).

So until you know the specifics of the kills theres no way to claim superiority of skill based on plane type.  You don't know what was killed or what the circumstances were.  All you know is you're biased against Spits because others in the game are so you follow the herd like a calf hoping for acknowledement.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:43:19 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2012, 12:13:40 AM »
Wow, you're 16? I would have guessed much much older. You are very mature for your age, and are doing a great service for young players.

(It's ok, I'd bet Joachim can slip ya a beer under the table)
:D :bolt:

Again, you entirely miss the point of what I'm saying. Is it an impressive accomplishment? Yes. Is it made more impressive by being in a spitfire? No, not really. Is it made more impressive by being in a spit 16? Hell no.

Spits can have some nasty stalls apparently. 109's suffer from either limited firepower, terrible drag penalties, or some of the worst balistics in the game and only 65 rounds of ammo. Ki-84's don't take speed well, and aren't supper sturdy. Yak 9s suffer from both limited firepower and a small ammunition reserve.

10 kills is impressive regardless of what plane. Doing it in spit 16, is just less impressive than doing it in a 110, a P-40, a 109E, Spit V, or C202.
Just because you lack skill in the German plane set...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:02 AM »
I wonder if I can do this with an I16?

I had a I-16 try to attack my B-17s 2 days ago,  It didn't end to well for the I-16 to say the least. :P
Although, he might of been new.  He was firing from over 1k out.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2012, 12:18:45 AM »
In identicle situations, a kill in a P-40C is going to be more impressive than a kill in a Spit XVI. I don't care if we're talking about a rather high-speed fight where the spit is starting to get some heaviness on the controlls; its still a P-40C, with about the same firepower as one of the spitfire's cannons, and no reall preformance to speak of.

So, had those 10 kills been made in the same manner, but in a P-40, or a C.202, it would be even more impressive. Basically, how the kills were made is entirely irrelevent to the discussion, as we're just talking about a different plane making them in the same situations, not changing the situation.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:29 AM »

Spits can have some nasty stalls apparently. 109's suffer from either limited firepower, terrible drag penalties, or some of the worst balistics in the game and only 65 rounds of ammo. Ki-84's don't take speed well, and aren't supper sturdy. Yak 9s suffer from both limited firepower and a small ammunition reserve.

10 kills is impressive regardless of what plane. Doing it in spit 16, is just less impressive than doing it in a 110, a P-40, a 109E, Spit V, or C202.

just commenting on whats in red....the KI is far more sturdy then the spit....I am talking about taking damage, not sure if that's what you are talking about when you say "sturdy"....

just because she is Japanese don't mean she is weak..or easy to damage.....

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Noone can land 10 in a c202 or a p40, if the situation isnt very, i mean, very special (perfect vulch fest, for example). Noone. Your argument is moot.
Even in a g6, i only once could get 10 without rearming. In 2 years! True, i was trying not to pick.
Its not about being or not being impressive, whats practically impossible, that will be impossible whatever you are doing.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2012, 09:33:42 AM »
Noone can land 10 in a c202 or a p40, if the situation isnt very, i mean, very special (perfect vulch fest, for example). Noone. Your argument is moot.
Even in a g6, i only once could get 10 without rearming. In 2 years! True, i was trying not to pick.
Its not about being or not being impressive, whats practically impossible, that will be impossible whatever you are doing.

Landed 11 in a P40E or F, P40 is possible, C202 is highly unlikely although I did manage 6 - pure luck since two were "damaged" and I got a kill on them.

202 I used just the Breta 12.7 (was showing proof the Ki.43 is still a very dangerous opponent for those who can aim, to give a small comparison when questing the gun package being "weak")

P40F/E I'd have to go back to my screenshots on my laptop, can't remember if it was 10 or 11, but its still possible assuming your aim is decent.
JG 52

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
At least the p40F has 50cals and a good load of ammo. Were you BnZing a half-capped base with a load of wingies? Couse i cant imagine any other way.
Maybe im just too simple-minded. I can win an even fight but not 10, one after another.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:25:30 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
At least the p40F has 50cals and a good load of ammo. Were you BnZing a half-capped base with a load of wingies? Couse i cant imagine any other way.
Maybe im just too simple-minded. I can win an even fight but not 10, one after another.

I was furballing under 3k near a Bish field, its plain luck really normally I will never survive, but the idea is to bang out 4-5 kills before I get toasted.

One film I have saved was a P40F run where I was perk farming a bish field, shot down a few La7s under 3k then the horde showed up, got sent back to my base and while it got capped within 5 minutes, managed to land 6.

Pure luck really, on an average day and aim I look around 4-5 kills, extreme times I can bang out 9-10 if everything magically happens in order.
JG 52

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
It's luck AND skill.

For example: when I was on a G6 in an attempt to get 10 kills with no re arms (hi deb  :devil), I was jumped by a con on landing. One hit from auto attack and he blew up and gave me my 9th kill. It took skill to get the 8 kills, but it was pure luck on the 9th kill.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
It's luck AND skill.

For example: when I was on a G6 in an attempt to get 10 kills with no re arms (hi deb  :devil), I was jumped by a con on landing. One hit from auto attack and he blew up and gave me my 9th kill. It took skill to get the 8 kills, but it was pure luck on the 9th kill.
Luck!  :rofl
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
Having completed my sentence (err my side of the bet), I await my fate from Top Gun.  If a Top Gunner posts another film of 10 kills in a Spitfire, I will be silent on BBS and 200 again for 3 days.  If 16 kills, then 10 days.  :frown:

Deal is on until I can post a film of landing 10 kills in a Spitfire per previous said rules and intent. :bhead

My fate is in your hands Top Gun... :uhoh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2012, 09:44:01 PM »
Having completed my sentence (err my side of the bet), I await my fate from Top Gun.  If a Top Gunner posts another film of 10 kills in a Spitfire, I will be silent on BBS and 200 again for 3 days.  If 16 kills, then 10 days.  :frown:

Deal is on until I can post a film of landing 10 kills in a Spitfire per previous said rules and intent. :bhead

My fate is in your hands Top Gun... :uhoh

I will have a new film up tonight or tomorrow.

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »
I will have a new film up tonight or tomorrow.

You the only Top Gun capable, huh?  :huh

I do admit to being most impressed with the last film. :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »
Nope, in fact I am one of the more lacking pilots in Top gun, you may want to talk to drspek, joach1m, drbone, b6pacman, google, sonic23, etc. etc.  :angel:  :cheers:

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous