Author Topic: Offline Missions?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
Offline Missions?
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
Gentleman and ladies, I'm an expierenced Aces High vet I have been playing since the game started. But what is Offline Missions ? Is it like a mission editor where for example I could set-up a Battle of Britain test where I have 12 Spitfire Mk.1's taking off from a base in england to intercept Ju-88's over the English Channel? Someone shed some light and help me figure out what this is.

Thanks  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Offline Missions?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
Gentleman and ladies, I'm an expierenced Aces High vet I have been playing since the game started. But what is Offline Missions ? Is it like a mission editor where for example I could set-up a Battle of Britain test where I have 12 Spitfire Mk.1's taking off from a base in england to intercept Ju-88's over the English Channel? Someone shed some light and help me figure out what this is.

You can set up pretty much any type of mission you'd like to, using any of the aircraft or terrains.  I'd recommend trying out
a few of the offline missions that others have made.  There is also a tutorial within the editor that will help you create your missions.

Good luck.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:50:58 AM »

Here's a comprehensive introduction to offline missions:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

I have not written a pure "Battle of Britain" mission, but my "Euromix" mission is pretty close to the example you had been imagining: an allied strike across the English channel (including later-model Spitfires) opposed by German and Italian fighters. Read about it (and watch a brief video preview) here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/EuroMix/EuroMixPage01Full.htm

I hope you decide to learn about the Mission Editor and write (and publish) some of your own missions. It's a very fun part of Aces High that doesn't get as much attention as other parts.
 :salute

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:58:08 PM »
Thanks fellas  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)