Author Topic: Snailman - K/D  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Snailman - K/D
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 05:33:14 AM »
i belive you if i see this once. Couse what i already seen from you, well, thats completely different.
No offense, but i would really like to fight against your pony in a 190 of your choice. Maybe that can happen once.

with pleasure! Maybe in the DA tho  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 06:14:56 AM »
I don't know if dieing in 2 turns makes 'a night' because that's what will happen if the 16 or 84 half knows how to play...I prefer mixing with f4u's, 190's, k4's. Even if the matchup isn't easy I do have some cards to play,

In 2 turns?  Not at all.  It's usually a 3-5 minute fight, which doesn't consist of me trying to BnZ or run away.

I have dozens of films, both of wins and losses, of turnfights in the 51 versus much better turning planes.  When I have a good block of free time, I'm going to edit them and post them so people can see how well a 51 can maneuver in this game.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
I repeat, if the better turning plane knows how to play you are a quick toast
now posting as SirNuke

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:03 AM »
I repeat, if the better turning plane knows how to play you are a quick toast

And I'll disagree, again.  You and I probably have far different styles when it comes to turnfighting a 51, and perhaps you've experienced a loss in 2 turns, so you're applying that to me.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
Then I'd be willing to see those films if you are so uber.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
lol uber...  I stopped trying to be uber back in 1998 or so, when I realized it didn't matter.  However, there's a lot of things that these cartoon planes can do other than what people think they're limited to.

I'll post a slew of films with the hope that it helps people learn some things, whether it's tips, tricks, some ACM, or whatnot.  I simply need time to edit them to show just the fights.

I'm not even one of the best at bending a 51 -- try BigR and see how he does it as well.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
BigR is pretty good, but he mostly gets his kills when the opponent is trying to save his E ("eh, just an other bore-n-zoom stang, lazy mode on") then he can surprise, overshoot them with the rapidly-advancing flaps. Its effective, nice to see and everything but honestly, due to the Mustangs poor slow speed handling, he dont really have a chance after the fight gets slower than ~180mph.
Other thing that he stays and flyes the crap outta that brick.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:37 AM »
("eh, just an other bore-n-zoom stang, lazy mode on")

That's bitten me on more than one occasion in the MA.  I merge with a pony, get near saddling up, and am keeping my speed high because I'm expecting him to nose down any second to disengage, and it takes me around 3 turns to realize "Hey, he's actually dumped E to turnfight!" at which point I've often lost some of my advantage because I'm too fast and have given up some angles.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11