Author Topic: offline mission editor quiting on me  (Read 2425 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: offline mission editor quiting on me
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
Omg, I completely forgot what Sudz had said to try, which is to delete the ahedmiss.cfg file. Thanks to Nurminen for pointing that out to me.
Anyway, I deleted that file and now it's working.

<S> Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
Even so, Coogan, the mission editor should never crash on you.  That cfg file only contains the last mission you were working on and apparently crashed on trying to load the last mission.  If this happens to you again, open adedmiss.cfg with a text editor like Notepad, note which mission group file it wants to open, and send that mis into support@hitechcreations.com.  That way we can figure out what caused the crash.

Thanks,
- sudz

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »
I am brand new to Aces High, been messing with it offline for a few days, and haven't set up an online account yet for the arena. Want to preview it enough so that I don't look completely stupid when I do start online.
But here is one thing that I've found that will cause it to crash every time. If I manually delete the last mission files that I had saved and compiled, and then try to open the Mission Editor, it crashes. Guess that might be why deleting the CFG file clears that problem.
Up to this moment in time, I had been restoring the mission files that I had deleted, in order to get back in. Then before I left the Mission Editor again, I was leaving it in the state with a "New Mission" sitting in it, knowing I wouldn't manually delete that file.
So much for me to learn, so little time....