Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6406 times)

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
Horse Puky! Polar Bears will be no more extinct, due "Global Warming", than the chances of the Sun not coming up tomorrow. The Climate has NEVER been static, is has and will always be in a state of flux (change). Just another issue for the Progressives to use, to control our lives. 25 years ago we were supposed to be going into another Ice Age. Go figure.

We are overdue for an Ice Age on Earth,  But that's not my point.  We are burning a hole through our ozone layer.  You can't say that would happen naturally. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollution
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
Another large deal of pollution was the Exxon Mobil oil spill and the BP oil spill.  Both killed thousands of animals.
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »
El Nina killed almost 50% of the population of seals and lizards on the Galapagos. That's been going on quite a while.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »
Here in AZ our record highs were 22 years ago and in Jan 2011 we had some record low temps.

So is global warming making AZ cooler?

I know this is gonna get locked, but so far, drought is caused by man made climate change, floods are caused by man made climate change, storms are caused by man made climate change, lack of storms are caused by man made climate change.

Whatever.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 11:41:42 PM »
All one needs to do is read a little George Orwell, 1984 and search out double speak. We have witnessed nothing more then a propaganda change and sadly so many are buying it. We have spent over a decade being told "man-made global warming." The problem, there has been no statistically significant warming since the late 1990s. This is even acknowledged by those that advocate "global warming." Since they have spent a decade plus pushing this and it doesn't work, now they have shifted to "man-made climate change." It is no longer 'global warming,' because it is not happening. FACT! So now, no change in temp at all but man is still guilty.

In fact, Dr Hansen just admitted to the medi-evil mini-ice age, something the 'global warming' crew denied for over two decades. Now, we are back in a soviet-sytle revolutionary change for the sake of change without any real changing taking place. Get's hot, mans fault; get's cold, mans fault; hurricanes, man's fault, too much rain, mans fault; etc, etc, etc.

For the kids on this thread, there are those of us who have watched this going back to the 1980's, some before this. You show up with a few years of history and repeat what you don't know. Sadly, this is one of those situations where you don't even know what you don't know. I suggest sitting back and reading a bit more history.

Boo

PS Holes in the Ozone as the man-made theory of global redistribution of wealth ended in the mid-1990s, replace by the current theory, which was replaced by the most recent theory.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »
OK since science isn't on the table all I gotta say is the earth doesn't give a rats a... what anybody thinks.  You can believe what ever you want, thing is I'd have to say its pretty obvious that if anthropogenic climate change is real, (which it is as far as I'm concerned,) we sure aint gonna to do anything about it.  I don't imagine its the end of humanity cause we've got opposable thumbs and a mean streak a mile wide, its just gonna get a tad less comfortable.  Can't wait for the next big war.  Sorry for the sourness.
Pies not kicks.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 04:03:22 AM »
so as we're all roasting in this heat wave, which has set records that go back to the beginning of recorded time, (what? 125 years? Geologically, a fart in a hurricane) I just realized that by this time we were all supposed to be reduced to a pool of protoplasm in a moon scape due to the ravages of acid rain.

Last two summers it was unusually warm here in Scandinavia and headlines were full of climate change this and that despite the winters being extremely cold and heavy snowed. This summer it has been cold and rain 99% of the time. Shockingly no tabloids are screaming climate change anymore.  :rock

I did get a friendly letter from our local version of IRS stating that they want to help me to choose a more eco friendly car by raising my taxes a lot. I wonder if they'll buy my huge Jeep for a good price then?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 04:06:02 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »
We have not been around long enough to affect the planet :old:

This period we have been in  is a glitch and enable Humans to evolve, the weather systems are reverting back to the norm :old:

Shida explained that it is due to populations, this is not true we are not that important :old:

These weather systems cause no problem to Bushmen or those living in the Amazon, they do not have air conditioning or four wheel drive :old:

I am moving to Wigan in the North or England because the weather in said town has always been inclement :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 06:30:36 AM »
They expect Polar Bears to be extinct in less than 50 years.

"They" must be kind of dumb then...  The earth has been much much warmer than it is now, and polar bears survived that time.  And the time before that.  The bears will figure it out unless we shoot them all when they move out of their current habitats, but that's a problem faced by lots of species not just polar bears.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 07:01:54 AM »
+1

The arrogance to think we are that important in the scheme of things :old:

We have always had floods and adverse weather.

This is a characteristic of western culture we have to create a bogey man to keep us all in check.

Here is list of said bogey men:

(1) Population growth.
(2) Food supplies. (The US can feed the whole world if it wanted to)
(3) Reds under the Bed.
(4) Economic collapes (It happend in Elizabethan time and Georgian times)
(5) Living space (People are moving to cities only rich people can move to countryside)

You tell a lie to hide a lie :)

I don't care about Polar bears when there are kids starving in the world :old:

The GFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 07:25:05 AM »

We are overdue for an Ice Age on Earth,  But that's not my point.  We are burning a hole through our ozone layer.  You can't say that would happen naturally. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollution
did your high school science teacher mention there is a 'hole' every year over Antarctica  when no UV reaches there?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
Holes are a myth like Giraffes :old:

The GFC

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »
Wow, exactly what I thought would happen... happened. Thanks for not letting me down guys.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
But...  I thought the debate was over??

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »
Wow, exactly what I thought would happen... happened. Thanks for not letting me down guys.
ummm.....you make a thread called 'climate change'.....and think people aren't gonna debate it? Let's have another guess the song thread
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/