Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6522 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »
I have no problem with change I now use Brown sauce as well as Tomato sauce when lunching :old:

This is a obvious example of change and  I demand a full and proper apology :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
Change is good and warmer is better.  Embrace it.  I will add that the Sierra Club estimates that the maximum sustainable human world population is no greater than 500 million.  How do you suppose that we should achieve that number?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »
The more you educate people the less children they have :old:

The Downside is they buy bigger cars :rofl

The GFC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Change is good and warmer is better.  Embrace it.  I will add that the Sierra Club estimates that the maximum sustainable human world population is no greater than 500 million.  How do you suppose that we should achieve that number?

Just wait a decade or three.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Just wait a decade or three.

But according to the warmists the poles should have already melted and Manhattan should be under water...

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
For? What? Are the diseased, rotting polar bear corpses going to spread an incurable virus which originates from the desert formally known as the North Pole that kills off a huge percentage of the population?
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
But according to the warmists the poles should have already melted and Manhattan should be under water...

'The warmists'  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
For? What? Are the diseased, rotting polar bear corpses going to spread an incurable virus which originates from the desert formally known as the North Pole that kills off a huge percentage of the population?
there's a great article about those polar bears--there were only ever 4 of them
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »

The GFC

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
I believe Solar panels have storage compartments to hold energy, if you can afford enough, you want have to worry about no sun for the day. Wind energy is yet again not a worry. Ever see a picture of windmills in large fields, like an orchard of trees? Water pollution is an issue, but if you take steps to filter the water before, duriong and after the energy exchange, whats the issue with it?

Negative, solar panels have zero capability to store electricity they generate. Typically (as with spacecraft), excess energy from solar or wind power must be stored using a separate technology (batteries, typically, or using the excess electricty to generate hydrogen through electrolsis would be another, less conventional way to store the energy).  Note that trying to build a 24/7, 365 day system based completely on renewable sources is prohibitively expensive, as you need multiple technologies (different systems for generating versus storing, for example) to cover the gaps inherent in each.

Personally, I think we ought to go heavy into pebble bed nuclear reactors. They are orders of magnitude safer, cheaper, and less complicated than conventional nuclear reactors (they are, for example, incapable of melting down, due to the physics of their design); see http://web.mit.edu/pebble-bed/ for more info. They are also modular, and can be built in factories and shipped in only a few pieces to where they're to be placed, insuring higher quality control and economy of scale.

Not that I have a problem with using the still abundant fossil fuel available in my own country, but more than anything I see it as a national imparitive that we achieve energy indepence. This is a national security issue at heart. Oh, and MMGW is horse-pucky! :neener:
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »
if anyone thinks those 2 covers are contradictory ... you havent even got onto the bottom rung of the ladder to understanding climate.

Not for those making money on it........ they love the spin.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »

Warmest = Walarmist  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
I have no problem with change I now use Brown sauce as well as Tomato sauce when lunching :old:

This is a obvious example of change and  I demand a full and proper apology :old:

Yes I apologise Zack, you are a credit to the human race, especially since you handed in your electric sauce bottle openner to save the Polar bears  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
Extreme Heat Breaks More Than 3,000 Records This Week

More than 3,000 temperature records have been shattered in the U.S. this past week, from June 28-July 4, 2012, according to NOAA. The tally of record high temperatures during the time period is 2,253, and the tally of maximum low temperature records is 936......

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/more-than-3000-temperature-rec/67593

A Day in the Life of Wanda Karelessian

I guess it’s just business as usual isn’t it?

No big deal, it’s just 3000 temperature records being shattered.   Who cares?  Think I’ll get me one of them energy drinks, then I’ll sit back and watch American Idol re-runs, after all,  even though I know the outcome, its great entertainment!

3000 record-breaking temperatures!  Wow!  Who would-a-thunk?  I wonder what that means?

I didn’t know Katty Perry just made a movie.

What are all these dead bees doing in the driveway?

To bad about Tom Cruise and his wife. They were such a cool couple.

It’s getting hot in here. I better turn up the air conditioner.

Hey,  Andy Griffith died.  I loved that show.  I didn’t know that Oppie was Ron Howard in real life!  He’s done really well with all the movies he’s directed and everything.

I heard about those dolphins washing up on the beach, I wonder why they did that?  Stupid fish!

I just love the way Kim Kardashian looks, maybe if I lost some weight I could look like her.  What a great life she has.

More dead birds in the back yard.  They just seem to be falling out of the sky these days.  Stupid birds.

Oh, I can’t believe this! It’s starting to hail.  Wow, those are really big hail stones. It’s not supposed to do that here this time of year.

Now I better turn on the heater it’s getting cold in here.

Oh look, Lady Ga Ga! I love this video.

Hey, the  TV and the power went out!  I know I paid the cable bill.  Now I’m missing Ga Ga!

Hope it comes back on soon.

Oh well it’s just business as usual I guess…

What’s that flash in the sky?

Where did I put my Big Gulp?

Regards,
Sun
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2012, 03:51:54 PM »
 :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli