Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11639 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:40 AM »
go outside and get a job. i'm sick of paying taxes for your unemployed butt while you work on your internet awesomeness.  :bhead

You make more wrong assumptions.  Just silly. :rolleyes:

I don't like paying so much in taxes for unproductive uses either, but that's why you go to your hard fought for right to vote polling place. :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
I've been around long enough to know that someone that puts in the time you do in this game is either:

handicapped and stuck at home.....which I sincerely hope isn't the case, but one I could understand and say to you, "more power to ya".
or you're a lazy unemployed bum living off of someone else, with no friends and you use this game to make up for it.
or you've achieved the goals you set for yourself in life, have retired and are now enjoying your free time.

I strongly suspect you're in the second category and sadly there are thousands if not millions of American youth just like you. If you and your type would put your energy into something productive that actually meant something in the real world, we'd all be a lot better off.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
handicapped and stuck at home.....which I sincerely hope isn't the case, but one I could understand and say to you, "more power to ya".
or you're a lazy unemployed bum living off of someone else, with no friends and you use this game to make up for it.
or you've achieved the goals you set for yourself in life, have retired and are now enjoying your free time.

I'm actually in that list...  :uhoh :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
 :lol yes I know Lusche. But where ever you may be on the list, I think we can all agree that you are a valued asset to this game and community. This "midway" character is nothing more then a human spambot looking for internet fame and acceptance imo
Lighten up Francis

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
I haven't talked to her lately.  The last time I got an e-mail from her was maybe 4-5 years ago.  She'd gone to culinary school and was working as a soux chef out in California.  It seemed to me like she had really cleaned up her life, which was great to hear.

When I first read this, my mind saw "Sioux Chief", and I thought to myself, "what an interesting résumé....."
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »
:lol yes I know Lusche. But where ever you may be on the list, I think we can all agree that you are a valued asset to this game and community. This "midway" character is nothing more then a human spambot looking for internet fame and acceptance imo

Wouldn't a spambot have tens of thousands of posts instead of tens of thousands of sorties? :headscratch:

If I wanted "Internet fame and acceptance", you'd think I'd be much more agreeable with the misinformation posted (like yours) so you'd accept me.   Fact is I care far less about acceptance, and care far more about developing awesome fighter skills.  Is that not yet obvious to you?  :bhead

Averaging three posts a day over less than two years is far less than many others on here.  Please check your facts and assumptions before calling people names and invoking put downs based on wrong conclusions.   Thank you.   :)

Now, back to the topic at hand... any more needs to be said re developing awesome fighter skills?

If not, let's  :bolt: from this thread.  :aok
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:52:56 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
I love how you all manage to get Midway to reply with such walls of text.

:aok UpTown good catch.  :cheers:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2012, 04:55:12 PM »
I love how you all manage to get Midway to reply with such walls of text.

:aok UpTown good catch.  :cheers:

:old: :joystick:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:03:38 PM by Midway »

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
...tens of thousands of sorties over a year or two? :headscratch:

It's an odd concept on the surface, but...

As your skill increases you'll probably have fewer sorties per playing session/month/year even if you play for the same amount of time (simply because you'll die less).  Sorties per time period is rather meaningless as a result.  Actually, a high sortie count could represent (at least in part) a low skill level.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »
It's an odd concept on the surface, but...

As your skill increases you'll probably have fewer sorties per playing session/month/year even if you play for the same amount of time (simply because you'll die less).  Sorties per time period is rather meaningless as a result.  Actually, a high sortie count could represent (at least in part) a low skill level.

My average sortie count over the last few tours has been decreasing.  Well over three thousand early on, only about two thousand last tour.  
:banana:

But bailing after bingo ammo instead of landing sorties will move it back the other way...  unless...
...I get better faster? :headscratch:

:old:  It's too confusing... must :bolt: from this thread and :joystick:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:18:56 PM by Midway »

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »
Can hardly believe this thread is still going. :noid
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
Anybody else notice he edits every post?  :rofl   :angel:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
Anybody else notice he edits every post?  :rofl   :angel:

:uhoh
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:21:47 PM by Midway »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2012, 05:31:36 PM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member