Author Topic: Staged Missions Collection  (Read 3347 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Staged Missions Collection
« on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
Here's the link to all 12 of my "offline missions":

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

I am anxious to know whether they work properly with the new "staged" missions in custom arenas, but I can't test them right now. Please let me know of your experience. I am wondering whether the mission briefing will be seen by everybody participating, or only the hoster???

You will want to use the latest versions for maximum compatibility. The "Shubin at Guadalcanal" mission is the one that has been compiled for the most recent version of Aces High. I Am wondering whether it will be necessary to recompile them all for the current version?
 :salute
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:56:58 AM by bbosen »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Staged Missions Collection
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
A lot of those missions are on terrains that don't exist on the server. At some point you might see if they can be modified for the new version on terrains that are available.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
Good point. I will go in and mark those that should be compatible on their respective pages. The Yamamoto one comes to mind. Also "Peabody Simple"....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:24:59 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
"Shubin at Guadalcanal" should also work, I think, since it uses the well-known "ndisles" terrain.

Offline front

• Zinc Member
      • The old "WarBirds Tips Storage"...
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
"Shubin at Guadalcanal" requires the "SolomonC" terrain.

<S>

Offline front

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »
I downloaded "Peabody Simple" and followed your instructions for install etc. I can get it to load no problem with the old "ahbeta.exe" of Aces High from January 2012 (can't seem to find the version number on the file or in the folder etc.). The old "Practice Missions" Clipboard option is there... we are good to go with the mission(s) showing in the list.

I cannot get it to show in the "Staged Missions" option in the new 2.28 version. I choose "ndisles" for Offline Terrain and choose "Staged Missions" then "Select Missions". Nothing shows in the list for "ndisles".

<S>

Offline front

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »
I opened the "Peabody Simple" in the "ahedmiss.exe" and then saved it to see if it would "convert" it for the new version. That worked.

I was then able to open it in the new 2.28 version. It loaded fine. The briefing map did show as a blank screen. There is now a compass in the map. I have not flown online yet so I don't know if that is for offline only.

I did notice that the AI planes now achieve the speeds you program. In earlier versions they always seemed to hold to 150mph. They kept up with the running mission and way-points as well. The Zekes met us at 8k (as you set) and came around on our 6 at 320mph+. They kept the fight in the vertical (at least way more than the "luftberry-until-augur" which I saw in the earlier version).

It certainly seems a vast improvement over the the AI in the last few versions.

cheers

front
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:59:14 PM by front »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
"Shubin at Guadalcanal" requires the "SolomonC" terrain.

<S>

Whoops! I meant to say "Hanna at Scarpantos", which uses the ndisles terrain. It's far more sophisticated than "Peabody Simple". Should be good for when you want something more substantial.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
I opened the "Peabody Simple" in the "ahedmiss.exe" and then saved it to see if it would "convert" it for the new version. That worked.

I was then able to open it in the new 2.28 version. It loaded fine. The briefing map did show as a blank screen. There is now a compass in the map. I have not flown online yet so I don't know if that is for offline only.

I did notice that the AI planes now achieve the speeds you program. In earlier versions they always seemed to hold to 150mph. They kept up with the running mission and way-points as well. The Zekes met us at 8k (as you set) and came around on our 6 at 320mph+. They kept the fight in the vertical (at least way more than the "luftberry-until-augur" which I saw in the earlier version).

It certainly seems a vast improvement over the the AI in the last few versions.

cheers

front

Thanks for the update. I still need to download the new version. Hope to get it tonight! Your description sounds very promising.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:14:19 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

OK. This implies a need to recompile all of the missions. I will do that ASAP and publish the results on my site in the usual way (at least for those using the main, popular maps).

Offline Karisma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
My browser will not let me copy the files as they are...just as a html...what do I do? :headscratch:

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
Peabody ... :aok  bravo for a job very well done ... downloaded all but one(1) of ur missions due to it NOT being available on AH2 2.28X, enjoyed myself immensely playing them offline.  TY 4 ur endeavors &
hardwork  :salute :salute:cheers:

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »
My browser will not let me copy the files as they are...just as a html...what do I do? :headscratch:

Different browsers handle this differently. After right-clicking on a file, look for additional options offered by your browser. They are usually contained within "drop-down" menus. For example, my Mozilla Firefox browser has a drop-down menu that allows me to choose between "HTML Document" or "All Files". It works if I choose "All Files".

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Peabody ... :aok  bravo for a job very well done ... downloaded all but one(1) of ur missions due to it NOT being available on AH2 2.28X, enjoyed myself immensely playing them offline.  TY 4 ur endeavors &
hardwork  :salute :salute:cheers:

Happy1: THANKS for your support! It was a big effort to convert all of those missions. And as you observe, one of them isn't converted. I tried and Tried and TRIED to get it running, but it always crashes under V2.28.x, about 20 minutes into the mission. I had to give up on it. So if you ever want to fly "Macdonald at Dobodura", you will need the 2.12.4 version of Aces High.

...But I'm very glad you're enjoying the others. Are you getting acceptable framerates on the big, complex ones when a lot of airplanes are being displayed down low near the airfields?

Offline Karisma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 09:40:05 PM »
Different browsers handle this differently. After right-clicking on a file, look for additional options offered by your browser. They are usually contained within "drop-down" menus. For example, my Mozilla Firefox browser has a drop-down menu that allows me to choose between "HTML Document" or "All Files". It works if I choose "All Files".

I used Mozilla and got it working...thx so much... :cheers: :salute