Author Topic: Staged Missions Collection  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
Re: Staged Missions Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
Happy1: THANKS for your support! It was a big effort to convert all of those missions. And as you observe, one of them isn't converted. I tried and Tried and TRIED to get it running, but it always crashes under V2.28.x, about 20 minutes into the mission. I had to give up on it. So if you ever want to fly "Macdonald at Dobodura", you will need the 2.12.4 version of Aces High.

A couple of questions if I may, as I'm new to this and easily confused. The missions on your web page don't say V2.28 yet except for the McGuire mission. Are the rest of the mission files now linked to files updated via the V228?

Also, I downloaded your MacDonald at Dobodora and ran it through V228, then ran it through Offline and it seems to work. The first test was just starting the engines of a P38 and then letting it set there for mission complete. It went through ok as far as I could tell. The surviving P38's made it back. This was well past 30 minutes or so, I believe. I flew one of the zekes on another test and it went again for well past 30 minutes. I ran out of gas over one of the target fields.

Which brings up the next question... I phonied up some wav files to put in for this mission since I don't have the original audio files. Same for the briefing map stuff. Are they available?

By the way, I noticed that if I ended up with a missing audio file, or miss-spelled an audio file, and ran it through the compiler, when it went looking for that audio file while flying the mission, it would crash the mission at that point. Is it possible you might have a corrupt or missing audio file at the 20 minute mark?

Thanks for your help and great looking missions, especially for us newbies.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
A couple of questions if I may, as I'm new to this and easily confused. The missions on your web page don't say V2.28 yet except for the McGuire mission. Are the rest of the mission files now linked to files updated via the V228?

Perhaps your browser has cached an older version of my web site. ALL of my missions have been updated with a version for 2.28.x
     EXCEPT for MacDonald at Dobodura. You might need to clear your browser's cache and re-load my site. The starting page is here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/Ah2OfflineMissionsFullPage.htm

Also, I downloaded your MacDonald at Dobodora and ran it through V228, then ran it through Offline and it seems to work. The first test was just starting the engines of a P38 and then letting it set there for mission complete. It went through ok as far as I could tell. The surviving P38's made it back. This was well past 30 minutes or so, I believe. I flew one of the zekes on another test and it went again for well past 30 minutes. I ran out of gas over one of the target fields.

Well, I'm glad it works for you. It always crashes on my machine, around 16 minutes into the mission. Always at EXACTLY the same point.
      I don't know what is causing it, but I've systematically eliminated every component that I could think of, without success. Maybe it's
      just something unique to my system. If you have generated a .res file that works for it, good for you! I hope you enjoy it. I fly it with
      version 2.12.4 and have a lot of fun with it.

Which brings up the next question... I phonied up some wav files to put in for this mission since I don't have the original audio files. Same for the briefing map stuff. Are they available?

Yes. ALL of the resources for EVERY ONE of my missions is published in the 2.12.4 versions of each. If you install the 2.12.4 version
      of any mission exactly as documented on my site, you will have all of the components, exactly as needed by any version of the
      Mission Editor. And you have correctly surmised that you can replace any of the .wav files with a corresponding file of your own
      choosing, so you could, for example, translate the mission into a foreign language, etc.

By the way, I noticed that if I ended up with a missing audio file, or miss-spelled an audio file, and ran it through the compiler, when it went looking for that audio file while flying the mission, it would crash the mission at that point. Is it possible you might have a corrupt or missing audio file at the 20 minute mark?

No. I checked that (in the Macdonald at Dobodura mission).

Thanks for your help and great looking missions, especially for us newbies.

Glad to help!
 :salute
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:11:36 PM by bbosen »

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 11:48:57 PM »
I believe you are right about the caching. I just checked it from my laptop instead and I see your updates now.

Also, the  Macdonald at Dobodura mission version that I ran through the V228 editor was your version that you had compiled with the V226. I hadn't tried the V2124 of the mission files. Maybe that is the difference as far as working for me?

Also, thanks for the info concerning the resource files.

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 12:49:29 AM »
bbosen  :)

To answer ur question in the 2nd para of ur reply to me, my FPS rate drops down to betwix 33-39 with all the planes taking off &/or milling
arnd.
The rates increase as I gain altitude, whilst flying in formation my FPS
is 55 to 60, in making an immelman my rate increases to 63 FPS then
drops down to an acceptable 60FPS.  :airplane:  :salute
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:51:10 AM by Happy1 »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »
I'm glad to hear of your success with my mission collection. This upgrade to 2.28.x has been a real blessing to those of us interested in offline missions. Your computer must be pretty well set up to deliver such reasonable framerates even in those large, complex missions with big, tight formations.
 :salute