Author Topic: Bomb Sight Help Requested  (Read 438 times)

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
Bomb Sight Help Requested
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »

I found the "all in one" gun/bombsight through a forum link months ago and of course can't find it now.  I've searched and searched. I believe it was from AV-Tool??  Anyway, I downloaded it to my files and it downloads as a bitmap.
It will not show up in my sights while in AH as I believe I need the text file.  
I like the sight because it can be used for everything.

So I have some questions:

Can I create a text file using the same file name as the bmp file and it will show up?
Does anyone know the squad that AV Tool was in so I can visit their website and maybe they have an explanation on how to use the sight?
Does anyone else have any good links to "all in one" sights that they use for gunning, bombing, rckts, etc.?
Has anyone come across the sight in the forums and can post me the links so I can find it again?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:23:26 AM by Peyton »

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
Re: Bomb Sight Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:41 AM »
Hi Peyton,

I too have been looking for a universal bomb sight so I was interested in your post.  I did some research and believe the sight you have listed originated from a player "A8Tool".

Here is a link to a post I found:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,300721.0.html

Scroll to the bottom & you will see even A8Tool is not sure how to use this.

Hope this helps.

vSKYDIVE
Devils=v=Brigade

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Re: Bomb Sight Help Requested
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:41 AM »
Found the image and DLed it as bitmap. Sent it and a stock 1 to paint and checked the attributes.
My stock sights are the same size as the image, but the dots per inch on the stock sight is 3 X 3 and the image is 72 X 72 DPI.
I do not run hi-res in game and do not kn ow if there is a difference between sights for hi-res and lower resolution play.
As for the text file, it is simply where the game saves what sight you choose for a particular plane along with the Alpha setting you selected.
Hope this helps
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"