Author Topic: Oh, and BTW....The 87G ?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh, and BTW....The 87G ?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 08:12:29 AM »
I got a G4M at 23,000 feet last night with it but it took a lot of planning to make the intercept.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
 I was flying the JU-87G off line shooting tank drones and it did fine but I will still use the Il-2 in the MA. If a fighter gets after you in it you can nose on and HO the new Stuka can't. I would still like to see the HE-111 and maybe the S.M. 79-1 Italian bomber it the game. Both the new plane from HTC are very well done thank you guys.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
how do the cannon compare to the vickers?

The Vickers fires a projectile almost 3 times heavier at about 1/2 the velocity, at a much slower ROF, and a muzzle energy of 214,000 joules to the 263,000 joules of the BK 3.7. The only real edge the Vickers gives you is energy retention at distance. The German tungsten warhead penetrates much better.

Opinion? The BK 3.7 is superior. The Hurri airframe is better at getting you in position. In either one you have to get in close and hit the right parts of the tank at the right angles. Both are sniper platforms where 2 to 4 shots max are taken. I just set my 87G converge back to 350 from 400. I think my Hurri-llD and IL2 are at 350 too. When we had F3 my IL2 was set at 250.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »
For me, the G-2 is far more stable than the Il-2 and Hurri 2D.  I'm not going to try and take out flaks without help in it though. :)  With the 2D, I can sneak up on flaks, since it will pick up speed in a dive fairly quick (especially with WEP) and maintain it better.  Come in through the trees and have your way. :devil  Works if it was distracted long enough for you to hit the deck and have the speed to close the distance for the attack of course.  The G-2 doesn't retain it's speed that well, so that's not really a viable option.  With the Il-2 I can "snipe" flaks due to it's ammo load.  Spray the flak from a good distance out (roughly 1.5 - 1k out) and it'll lose it's turret.  Then swing back around and finish the job (unless it has sups nearby).  A bit risky as a good flak gunner will hit and possibly bring you down.  This is something I can't do in the G-2 since it doesn't have the ammo load to do it effectively, not to mention it doesn't have the armor to take the hits should I start taking them.

Many a con against the G-2, but for me, the pro's out weigh them. :aok  More stable with superior guns to the Il-2 and Hurri 2D.  It has greater range than the 2D (this is without ever using WEP), and I THINK the Il-2.  Been a while since I flew the Il-2, so I could be wrong. :headscratch:  Then there is the key thing, she's damn sexy! :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
I think I will stick to my Hurricane IID.  ;)
Really? The stuka with cannon is awsome! But then again its more of a target than a hurricane.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
It seems to have advantages and disadvantages compared to the Hurri IId and Il-2.  It is probably about equal to the Hurri IId overall with the Il-2 retaining the number one spot in that category.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »
As I stated long ago: in AH the Stuka G is going to take a back seat to the Hurricane IID.  The Hurri is faster, climbs a lot better, rolls better, and the Vickers 40mm perform close enough to not really notice.  The IL-2 has far more ammo and a faster rate of fire, but ultimately is less accurate/

The Stuka G, while it may have served the Germans well on the Ost Front, will ultimately be a hanger queen because of the reasons listed above.  I'm glad it is in the game, no doubt, but this is no different than if HTC were to have just added the F4F when the FM2 and F6F were already available.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
I like the 87g. Just can't figure out why it's a "fighter." FH's went down a couple nights ago and no more 87g.  :cry
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
I like the 87g. Just can't figure out why it's a "fighter."

To prevent it from using external views...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Fair enough.

Just sucks you can't use it when the FHs go down.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.