Author Topic: Use the 2.28.x ME to convert from "offline" to "Staged" mission  (Read 2971 times)

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: Use the 2.28.x ME to convert from "offline" to "Staged" mission
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
Sudz: Here's a screenshot showing the editor as displayed on my computer and illustrating a situation with obscured controls:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/MissionEditor/MissionEditor228aa.JPG

I was editing "Mission Properties". I snapped this picture immediately after renaming a mission to "Macdonald1Japan" (as shown near the top of the image) but I found I could not save my work because there was no visible "OK" or "Continue" or "Save" or "Go" button. Deleting the editor's .cfg file did not help. I worked around this problem on each of my missions by using an older version of the Mission Editor for situations like this.
 :salute

That looks like 800x600 resolution.  I've tested the 1280x1024 and they are visible.  The default size of the mission editor is 1024x1024 so I would set my desktop properties to at least that.

- sudz

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
The resolution of that image is  1280 x 1024 pixels.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:55:52 PM by bbosen »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 07:48:54 AM »
When you rebuild a mission the editor will search for the original event files, such as a sound effect or an image, that the mission creator has added.  In my case the path for one particular sound would be something like C:/Sound Effects/Prepare For Warp.wav which is found in my 'British vs Germany' mission
Since the original file is on my computer, when I rebuild the mission the editor can find that file and no problem.  However, when someone else tries to rebuild the same mission, the editor cannot find any such file, because it doesn't exist on their computer.  So usually the mission will fail.

Hope this helps some.
Coogan

For all of my missions, the entire source code is always fully published, along with every required resource file,  in the 2.12.4 version. If you precisely follow the instructions I've published in each 2.12.4 version, you will have the entire source code for that version, with each file located exactly where the Mission Editor will expect it to be. (You will need to "tweak" the 2.12.4 source code to optimize the complex missions when you compile for a later version of Aces High, however, unless you can just wait for me to do it. I do try to update everything from time to time.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:53:02 AM by bbosen »

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
Just a hint guys - when you're editing the mission properties, you have the option of selecting a loaded table that auto-sets all arena settings.  I experimented this by using a table I built offline with aircraft and all the arena settings I wanted and then used it in the mission editor. When I created the custom arena, all my settings were all set.

Just a thought.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
I didn't know that, but it sounds quite useful. I'll take full advantage of it in future mission builds.