Author Topic: Embryo Questions  (Read 929 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Embryo Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
Thanks again for all replies.

Special thanks to BBosen for the video's they helped a lot.

Changed planes to the P-38 and now my take offs = my landings! Although I do suffer from white knuckels...

Couple of key board/mapping questions:
1. Trim controls? These are used for long flights?

You most likely have "combat trim" set as I believe it is the default setting. What this means is your plane is trimmed out automatically. If you turn off the combat trim you can manually trim the main surfaces, elevator, aileron, and rudder. Some believe that little bit of an edge is what you need to win more fights. I think combat trim is ok as long as you know it's limitations. Getting a P38 down to 50 MPH with it on is very bad.

2. View modes?

There are actually a number of view modes. Snap, pan, and instant activated by hitting F7 F8 F9. Snap means as you change the view looking out of your plane or GV it will "snap" to the next view. Pan means it will be like your turning your head from view to view, and instant will just switch from one to the other with  views inbetween for filler. Hit one button your looking at your left wing tip, hit another and your looking at your right wing tip.

What Texasfighter is talking about is head positions and views. Using the 8 way switch on your stick you get 8 views, press another button and you can modify each of those turning it into 16 views, another button can push it to 24 views. So using 10 buttons on your stick (the original 8 on the hat and 2 additional ones) gives you 24 views instead of ten.

3. What does "weap" mean?
he is right WEP is War Emergency Power.

And lastly, I bought headset to talk but when it's enabled the video starts jumping? And, how do you test it?

You my have a conflict in your computer, or your computer might not be strong enough to run everything your trying to run AND the headset. Run the Dxdiag from the start button (type it in the box and then click on the program on the top) Once it runs, click the button on the bottom that says "save as a text". Save it where you can find it then open it and copy and paste the top third here ( the whole file is to big to post at once and the important part is the first third of the info) This info will test us how strong a computer you have and it will help other with some suggestion to help you figure out whats wrong.