Author Topic: TicTok 2012 Sound Pack Has Been Released!  (Read 8659 times)

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
Re: TicTok 2012 Sound Pack Has Been Released!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
sorry I meant the engine start up sound.   you can clearly hear a man and woman talking in background.
when it first starts.
semp

I believe I found what you are hearing Guncrasher .. I listened to the file in my NCH sound editing software.

What I heard was sort of a metal scrape @ bout .5 sec length AFTER Engine Start .. it has to be a part of the initial starter whine.

I obviously let a piece of this trail forward into the stream beyond the engine kick over at start.

I removed the metal and all is well (I Hope)  :aok

Download New Engine Start File here https://www.box.com/s/bf871182a4f42a938265

This is enginestart.wav for P51D & P51B Fighter starting. Let this New file overwrite exiting starter in BOTH planes!

Es ist alle für das Spiel meine Freunde!  -  It is all for the game my friends!

Offline Groucho

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »
Thanks for all the work tic tok. I have been using tho old download and I am very happy with it. Looking forward to using this one

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 04:37:04 AM »
Thanks for all the work tic tok. I have been using tho old download and I am very happy with it. Looking forward to using this one

Thank You Groucho .. It means a lot to hear that you are enjoying the sounds.

Hold on to your joystick!  2012 sounds are to the max .. Let me know what You Think  :)

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
I just d/l the sound pack, and I too hear what sounds for all teh world like people talking in the background of the P-51 engine start. No bigee for me though, sorta cool.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:18 AM »
I just d/l the sound pack, and I too hear what sounds for all teh world like people talking in the background of the P-51 engine start. No bigee for me though, sorta cool.

Thank you for downloading sounds Nooby52 .. This engine start was modified 3 days after it was reported to have noise in the clip .. You can download this at  https://www.box.com/s/bf871182a4f42a938265

Remove engine start or overwrite file in P51B & P51D folders inside of SOUNDS folder in

Hitech Creations/Aces High/SOUNDS

See you in the skies ..

Es ist alle für das Spiel Meinen Freund!  -  It is all for the game my friend!

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
TicTok, love the new sounds but I can't get the "title0" file to work. Still getting the Aces High default music. Everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
TicTok, love the new sounds but I can't get the "title0" file to work. Still getting the Aces High default music. Everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

The "title0" file in this version is actually a silent clip *NO sound*

If you are hearing default music then there is NO file named "title0.mp3" in folder

Change file "TItitle0.mp3" to "title0.mp3" and see if you like that one. 

The "title0.mp3" file is with a number 0 not an alphabet O

You can use any mp3 you like .. Just name it "title0.mp3" and place in global area of Sounds Folder

This will then be your start up music.

Let me know how it works for you vafiii

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 10:47:02 PM »
No luck TikTok. Still getting the Aces High default music. There doesn't seem to be a game file named title0 or title0.mp3 in the sounds folder. Never the less I renamed your file to title0.mp3 and placed it in the global area of the sounds folder with no luck. Also renamed one of my mp3 files to title0.mp3 and still had no luck. Still getting the Aces High title music. Not sure why. All other sounds work fine. Very odd.

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »
No luck TikTok. Still getting the Aces High default music. There doesn't seem to be a game file named title0 or title0.mp3 in the sounds folder. Never the less I renamed your file to title0.mp3 and placed it in the global area of the sounds folder with no luck. Also renamed one of my mp3 files to title0.mp3 and still had no luck. Still getting the Aces High title music. Not sure why. All other sounds work fine. Very odd.

Hmmmn,  Strange indeed .. I downloaded the 2012 Sounds and the files ARE there!

If you renamed the file .. It WAS in the global area already .. No need to move it

One is titled ( title0.mp3 ) this is a muted file ( no sound )

The second is ( TItitle0.mp3 ) This is an mp3 I prefer if I want it to play

The quotation marks are NOT used in file name .. file is title0.mp3

Did you download this or get from someone else?

Download is ...  https://www.box.com/s/e2722f79ceeb75b37752

Let me know how it works

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
Great work, I downloaded a few to try out and yours sounded the best! Although a problem I have is the sounds don't scale well, If I turn down the volume it will only go to about 25% on the lowest setting in options -> game sounds -> advanced -> move sliders. Keep up the good work!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 01:12:27 PM »
IM impressed :other packs are excellent, but this one has more "realism" (or whatever its called) : its really game-changing for me : ty and congratz !  :salute

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 04:46:19 PM »
Thank You Lucifer

Glad You are enjoying the sounds ...

The 50 cal is an actual clip from a 50 cal machine gun on test range ...

The Tempest and Typhoon are from these planes at air shows around the world from many years ago ...