Author Topic: Views sticking when using key board.  (Read 592 times)

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
Views sticking when using key board.
« on: July 19, 2012, 05:52:21 PM »
This is probably a long shot to get fixed but here we go.....Just to rule this out off the top, the keys themselves aren't sticking. When using my keyboard number pad for changing views, the view will "stick" after letting off the key. It's much worse when pulling G's. If I level off flight, the forward view will return most times after a few seconds of level flight.  But.....If I jiggle the joystick, the view returns instantly even while pulling G's. Also there's no problem when using the joystick's keys for views. I prefer using the keyboard because of more view options and better layout. But it's really not an option during a fight because of the sticking. Any ideas?...Thx
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:01:47 PM by CZCH64 »
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Views sticking when using key board.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
try removing the views from the joystick. Having keys AND joystick switches could mess things up. You could have a wire going in your stick that is sending extra signals messing with the view inputs.

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
Thx..I'll try that after work today.
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
try removing the views from the joystick. Having keys AND joystick switches could mess things up. You could have a wire going in your stick that is sending extra signals messing with the view inputs.

This is especially true if you are using any type of stick control or management software.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
No luck...Oh well, no biggie.
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
Problem solved....My PC fried the other night and I had to reformat my hard drive and do a reinstall of XP. Views aren't sticking now....go figure. Plus I get a much better frame rate now too. Up around 60fps. Was in the 30'-40's. Got rid of all the junk that I had installed in the last 10 years since I've had this Dell. Got just the basics loaded up now. Much better.
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »

This is especially true if you are using any type of stick control or management software.

Which is why it's best to program the hatswitch on the joystick with the KB keypad view commands to prevent any conflicts if you have a programmable joystick.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »
Which is why it's best to program the hatswitch on the joystick with the KB keypad view commands to prevent any conflicts if you have a programmable joystick.

Yep, yep.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com