Author Topic: 87G eny?  (Read 3551 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: 87G eny?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
You can fly up to the side of a T34 at about 100ft alt. From 300 or closer, one trigger tap and if your APCR (Tungsten hard core)rounds hit under the skirt and between the top wheel gaps. The T34 goes boom. Rudel probably didn't have to contend with german Wibel protecting russian T34 while he was developing his tactics.

You can test this offline by replacing one of the drones with a T34 out on the runway.

Both the BK3.7 and NS-37 could not begin to penetrate armor effectively outside of 300M. But, then the Wirbel drivers are counting on that with their shortened Icon range.

Look at how very close this Ju87 is to these russian tanks, shooting at their sides. And the firing is in single taps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOXrfBZoLE&feature=related
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 08:12:19 AM »
I think people were expecting more firepower from the guns
I have made several once shot kills with it....don't remember ever doing that in the Il-2....I don't know exactly why, but it seems easier to stay on target.  :rock
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
Since we're talking CAS...Anybody else get annoyed at the ability of tanks to  shoot down planes with the main turret?  Don't get me wrong, I've got more kills of planes in an M4 than the other way around, just doesn't seem right...
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 05:12:36 PM »
It seems the damage model offline is different then online. Its easier to kill the tanks offline.

I know it used to be like that. Can anyone verify this?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »
We have used the offline mode to test and find bugs in tank armor in cooperation with Pyro. Hard to do that when the damage model is different ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
Since we're talking CAS...Anybody else get annoyed at the ability of tanks to  shoot down planes with the main turret?  Don't get me wrong, I've got more kills of planes in an M4 than the other way around, just doesn't seem right...

people in the planes aren't doing it right :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
I notice in the films the guns shoot out of sequence, if I recall ours are linked or in sequence with the other.

Also, it seems only one gun is firing in a couple of those videos, independent fire control, theo ther gun jammed?... hmmmm
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:47:38 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
We have used the offline mode to test and find bugs in tank armor in cooperation with Pyro. Hard to do that when the damage model is different ;)

Is it different? Right now in this tour the T34/85 has killed 115 87Gs while the 87G has killed 41 T34/85s. :headscratch: The *87G has killed one Tiger-1 while the Tiger has killed 5 87Gs. The M4A3 has killed 18 Gs while the Gs have killed only 10 M4s. The T34/76 has gotten 47 87Gs yet its only been kilt by the "G" 16 times. It appears Aces High either got the modeling wrong or the war wrong. Cause its the tanks hunting the 87Gs. Not the other way around.

Of course its easier to shoot a sitting tank with nobody else around. But I seem to remember the damage model being different offline. Maybe Im wrong. But so far I havnt been able to reproduce online kills of Tanks, other then P-4, that I have offline. And yesterday I made some hits on a Tiger & T34 offline that left me scratching my head why it didnt blow. Then again maybe theres no difference. Maybe the BK-3.7s are underpowered. Cause they, and their superior ammo, caused havoc in the war considering the low numbers produced. :salute
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:48:15 PM by Rich46yo »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »
I wonder how many of those kills involved the gun(s) on the tanks and how many involved the Ju87G-2 slamming itself into the ground next to the tank or into the tank itself while trying to shoot the tank?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
I wonder how many of those kills involved the gun(s) on the tanks and how many involved the Ju87G-2 slamming itself into the ground next to the tank or into the tank itself while trying to shoot the tank?

That would explain much of it. That and poor attack angles. Im still left wondering why the tungsten rounds arent doing better. I have a few days off coming up and will film more and will have time to play. :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »
I wonder how many of those kills involved the gun(s) on the tanks and how many involved the Ju87G-2 slamming itself into the ground next to the tank

While I read this, an interesting statistical snippet comes to my mind.
You'd think that bombing tanks is easy... climb above them, then drop one or more 1000 pounders on them. Piece of cake, no risk for the JABO.

But then...

In 2011, the P-51D got credit for 11.438 tanks. Amazingly, the tanks got 7.167 kills of the P-51D as well. A meagre K/D ratio of 1.6 only....   :uh oh

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
The only tank that really gives me any issue is the Tiger.  You have to have a pretty flat angle against it to do the job, but oh boy, will it do the job nicely when you do. :D  Of course, I've only tested this offline.  Haven't been lucky enough to run into one yet.  In offline testing, I find that the King Tiger is even easier to knock out than the Tiger.  In both cases, I attacked their flanks.  It took me 2 taps of the fire key to knock out the turret on a KT, coming in at a shallow angle.  3 passes total as on my second pass I hit the other side of the turret.  On the Tiger it took me 2 passes, one on each side.  The 1st pass I only landed one (between hull and turret), the other's ricocheted.  I came in with a little less angle against it than I did with the KT, but still fairly high.  On my 2nd pass, I was literally just feet from the ground, landed a nice shot between the top of the tracks and the skirt-ish bit.  Turret went flying.  All these shots that I made were around 500-400, which is about where I have my convergence set on my guns.  I usually only take 2 shots before breaking off for my next run.

Reason I find it easier to knock out the KT is because I don't have to have such a flat angle against it as I do with the Tiger.  Means more room for correction and evasion. :aok

For the T-34's I just use the same spots on it that I did before when I used the 2D.  From behind and into the spot behind the turret.  If you come in at a angle to their sides, it'll knock them out real fast.  Just gotta watch out for their guns as you will be WELL within their gun elevation limit. :)

For me, the G-2 is now my Primary tank killer, which use to be the 2D.  The only thing that keeps throwing me off is that when I flew the 2D, I'd tap the "B" key for my shots.  Sometimes, I do that in the G-2....doesn't work out too well. :o :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
Angle of impact is everything when trying to bust tanks.  Keep that in mind.

A player can go in blazing away with the Il-2 and hope for a good enough hit, or take their time with the Hurri D or Ju87G and get 2 solid hits at the point of convergence using 1, 2, or at most 3 shots per pass at precise ranges.

The Hurri IID is still the best platform in the game to bust tanks with guns, imo.  The debate on the guns is a moot point as all three have well enough AP ability to get the job done well enough.  In terms of speed, climb, maneuverability, dive stability, etc, the Hurricane IID wins hands down.  The only superior thing the IL-2 really has worth mentioning armor.  The entire plane is able to withstand more punishment from ground fire, most notably the wirby.  Although when the threat is from tanks that really only offers a minimal advantage due to the inherent lack of destructive capability of the pintle mounted MG's. 

Give it time, the ENY of the Ju88G will be lower than the Hurri IID soon enough.       
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
Give it time, the ENY of the Ju88G

You know more than we do?  :noid

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »
I notice in the films the guns shoot out of sequence, if I recall ours are linked or in sequence with the other.

Also, it seems only one gun is firing in a couple of those videos, independent fire control, theo ther gun jammed?... hmmmm

It looks like 2 types are firing to me,,, a hs129 and a stuka. You see singles and doubles in that film.
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520