Author Topic: Fire in the Paint Locker!  (Read 3151 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Fire in the Paint Locker!
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
They Were Expendable is on TCM. One of the greatest war films ever made.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: Fire in the Paint Locker!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:52 PM »
They Were Expendable is on TCM. One of the greatest war films ever made.

In very tenuously related news, The Expendables 2 is coming out. A sequel to not one of the best war movies ever made.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
In no way, shape or form is "The Expendables" 1 or 2 to be confused with "They Were Expendable". That would be like comparing "Apollo 13" with "Armageddon". :huh

Louis Jean Heydt also gives a spectacular performance in a supporting role. This film is just packed full o' win.

"We had cupcakes... with raisins!"
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »
In no way, shape or form is "The Expendables" 1 or 2 to be confused with "They Were Expendable". That would be like comparing "Apollo 13" with "Armageddon". :huh

Louis Jean Heydt also gives a spectacular performance in a supporting role. This film is just packed full o' win.

I was making a joke. I had to write a paper on They Were Expendable for a college film class. Joke fail.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 11:06:50 PM »
No harm, no foul. Just wanted to make sure nobody confused the caviar with the chum.
The monkeys have no tails in Zamboanga.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 03:26:20 AM »

appollo 13 that was the one whear they sent clint eastwood and the guy from MIB to space right.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »

Apollo 13 that was the one where they sent clint eastwood and the guy from MIB to space right.

Yep, and they landed on the moon to blow it up and saved Earth from external destruction.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
I used to fish and swim where they filmed it on key biscayne.

It later became "dolphin project" where scientists were trying to communicate with dolphins.

Stephen Stills and other stars used to hang out there and the site gave someone the idea to make "day of the dolphin".