Author Topic: 87G eny?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: 87G eny?
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
I generally shoot just as I pass him and hope he bails.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 87G eny?
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 04:55:31 PM »
"much better"? http://www.hitechcreations.com/component/option,com_ahplaneperf/Itemid,221/view,ahplaneperf/index.php Also the IL2 rolls better, converts energy better, and is far better armored.
If you're using high AoA attacks, return fire is a non-issue. Nothing that can hit you from a high-angle dive would be significantly less dangerous to the Il-2 than it is to the Hurricane IID.

And yes, its preformance is much better. Not 300+mph better, but still much better. Remember, when comparing fighters, even 15mph faster is a big increase. 250 fpm rate of climb can matter.

Also, I really don't think the Il-2 rolls better. About equal in the best of cases, I would say.

Ive killed more panzers from the side or top with one voley of one or two shots then carter has peanuts. Heres a Tiger I killed with one shot the other day. http://youtu.be/P1UsDyKe46s After dumping off an 87G after unloading all its ammo on it and seeing it bounce off. Then I killed two panzers in quick succession.

The M8 cant get as close as the IL2 and if you cant kill a Panzer with 4 shots from an IL2 then your in the wrong business.
I've closed to 150yds when firing at Panthers before. For a Panzer, I think my closest is about 50yds in an ambush-engagment. Those undestroyed barns make REALLY nice hiding places.

Again what is your in game name Tank-ace? Mines Rich54
Was Jager up untill last Sept. Been on a break since then. However, since no damage model or anything relevant to this has been changed since last sept. and now, dates don't matter near so much.

And I really don't care about your stats, that you think you can kill a Panzer IV with a 2-4 rounds from an Il-2 on anything approaching a regular basis shows somethings really not quite clicking for you.

Just tested offline, and it takes at least 2 rounds from the M8 to kill a Panzer IV H from the side at about 200yds with 90 degree impact anlge (no slope of the armor relative to the round). Now, unless you're 1) coming it at almost taxi-height, firing at less than 200yds, and are flying near perfectly perpendicular to the tank, you're not killing them in 4 rounds. If you're doing that, then you have the incredible good luck of not bumping into a tanker who knows his buissness against aircraft.

Really, the Il-2 is only superior because of its large ammunition capacity, and perhaps its armor, depending on your style. In all other ways, its equal or inferior.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"