Author Topic: Salvo'd bombs  (Read 747 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Salvo'd bombs
« on: August 03, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
When I set my salvo, I wish the bombs would continue to drop when I jump into my guns to defend myself.  Last night in the AvA, I set my salvo to 12 with a delay of .75 and was attacked while over target.  I started my drop then jumped into my guns to shoot down the 190 that was attacking me, only to find out that my bombs stopped dropping when I jumped into my guns.  They started dropping again when I switch out of the guns to the pilot, then the bombardier.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Salvo'd bombs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »
When I set my salvo, I wish the bombs would continue to drop when I jump into my guns to defend myself.  Last night in the AvA, I set my salvo to 12 with a delay of .75 and was attacked while over target.  I started my drop then jumped into my guns to shoot down the 190 that was attacking me, only to find out that my bombs stopped dropping when I jumped into my guns.  They started dropping again when I switch out of the guns to the pilot, then the bombardier.
+1000  :aok
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »

From a purely personal perspective I would tend to oppose this, as it is already too easy to bomb with single-player (no gunners) bombers, given their unrealistically effective defensive guns (hey, who needs B-17 "boxes"?).  For this reason, I deliberately wait until I estimate that the bomber is setting up his bomb run before closing to shoot.  This change would invalidate that tactic.  

MH
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:35:04 PM by TDeacon »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
+1

... because its historical, and as a gameplay consideration since most buffs in AH have a crew of 1. gets pretty busy sometimes being commander, navigator, bomb aimer and gunners all at the same time.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
+1

... because its historical, and as a gameplay consideration since most buffs in AH have a crew of 1. gets pretty busy sometimes being commander, navigator, bomb aimer and gunners all at the same time.

Fine, but then the perfectly-synchronized defensive gunnery should be toned down significantly to compensate. 

MH

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »
Fine, but then the perfectly-synchronized defensive gunnery should be toned down significantly to compensate. 

MH

Just because all guns are firing at one time "N" does not mean that you will hit the intended target.
Take me for example, my aim is not that great...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 04:51:29 PM »
I'd really like to see that coded - each gunner has a randomly assigned accuracy and reaction time so they dont all fire instantly at perfect convergence. I dont think it would make a massive difference to their effectiveness but it would make attacking buffs feel less like killing the boss on a platform game.

edit: I must be in a good mood - thats 2 +1s for different ideas in a single wishlist thread :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:53:02 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
I'd really like to see that coded - each gunner has a randomly assigned accuracy and reaction time so they dont all fire instantly at perfect convergence. I dont think it would make a massive difference to their effectiveness but it would make attacking buffs feel less like killing the boss on a platform game.
Like Legend Of Zelda  :rofl I had to since the platform game reference was made

He who must not be named

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 04:54:31 PM »

I think the buff's in game already get a significant boost away from RL conditions in other ways.  Well mostly gunnery and the triple multiplication of everything.

Multitasking in buffs can be mitigated by leveling and stabilizing speed in order to calibrate well ahead of the target.  Most of the bomber pilot's I've met climb as long as possible and are inside of enemy radar coverage before they even think about getting around to calibrating their bombsight.

Fighter's Point of view.

Bomber's Point of view.

:neener:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:04:02 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »
Fighter's Point of view.

i forget how to kill him, i think it was hit the heads with sword to stun them then lay bomb near body?!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:54:36 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

i forget how to kill him, i think it was hit the heads with sword to stun them then lay bomb near body?!

:aok I love those games  :rofl

He who must not be named

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
  :aok I love those games  :rofl

I like that they've nearly all been converted to flash format so there's no need for an emulator if you want to get a quick game of tecmo bowl in before work.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.