Author Topic: Patch 4  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
Re: Patch 4
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
Have an issue though - happened with the big update too. I am flying along and it says it is downloading the highres texture package. Then it pops up and says it is done. THEN is pops up and says it is downloading again. Inveriably it does so out where I am looking and is driving me to distraction. I had it happen with four of them overlapped so they started sliding down the screen in windows fashion until I died because I couldn't click on them.

Is this just me?

I am downloading the package to install it manually and see if that works.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
The Nav Aid was there on the first offline map clipboard I brought up. But, no setting in the arena setup for it. When I changed offline maps the compass went away.

Hitech is this an easter egg? Or just a one time teaser becasue August is a fun month?

Great cloud layer.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
The Nav Aid was there on the first offline map clipboard I brought up. But, no setting in the arena setup for it. When I changed offline maps the compass went away.

Hitech is this an easter egg? Or just a one time teaser becasue August is a fun month?

Mea culpa.  I didn't get this change into the release.  It'll be there next time.

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 04:15:10 PM »
Fixed it with the manual dl.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
My install crashed. Got an error message that said the update failed. Can't start the game now.  :frown:

EDIT:  My aceshigh.exe file was on the desktop instead of in the game folder, so it crashed when it tried to update it because it could find it. Moved it back where it belongs. Update worked fine.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:05:45 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
This is a winnner. Unlike when 2.28 was first released, one notch on the environment map slider gives a realy nice look and dosen't hit my FPS so far.

Version 2.28 Patch 4 Changes
======================

Added an additional setting notch to the environment map slider.  The first notch will now use a static environment map.  This will give a nice look without the frame rate hit that comes from updating the environment map. The second notch on the slider is now what the first notch used to be and so on for the remaining notch settings.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »
nice the first notch hit my FPS a little bit but not much
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named