Author Topic: Hello fellow AHers  (Read 28816 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Hello fellow AHers
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
Speaking for myself, I could not give one rat's behind about what sort of chemicals Mark was cooking in his garage.  The problem that I have, which has not been addressed, that must be addressed, is the way he lied to this community and to his RL community with his smug sense of self-importance and aire of personal superiority; his in-your-face "I'm better than you" attitude...  As soon as Mark acknowledges this I'll drop it.

So you are wanting an apology for his on line persona?  I'm not sure how that connects to the horrific decision he made outside of Aces High?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
Oh boy...you're much easier than DONZO.  Go back and read my first response to you...you know, the one that you claimed I didn't get?  The one that talked about forgiving and all that stuff you don't get and that you answered "yeah...you did'nt understand any of my post did you?"  Apparently I did understand it and you had nothing to say so that was your best effort....Looky here...my first response can now be read as a response to this nonsense you just typed.

Next please...

Here...  let me fix your post to reflect my thoughts on this subject...

Why yes...I believe I did clearly.  Let me explain:

You were speculating that others here won't forgive SkyRock not because of the nature of the crime but based on the emotional connection we all have to endangering children vs teachers commitments to protecting childrenplus the fact that he claimed some moral and intellectual highground while doing it..

Now you get it...

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2012, 04:33:29 PM »
So you are wanting an apology for his on line persona?  I'm not sure how that connects to the horrific decision he made outside of Aces High?

Oh boy....  I I've been waiting for the "online persona" excuse to materialize.

lolz..

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
Oh boy....  I I've been waiting for the "online persona" excuse to materialize.

lolz..
Another crock of crap.
So dan... you ever think his 200 blathering were a direct result of his indulgences and not an "online persona"? So yea it has some bearing on the game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:38:32 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »

Now you get it...

Then clearly you should go re-read what you typed originally...not in a manner that YOU would understand, but in a manner that OTHERS can't help but think when they read it.  Now YOU get it.

All of your misdirection wont change the fact that you were just tagging along with all the other perfect people on the BBS.  The ones who have NEVER, EVER made mistakes or put something in life in jeopardy.  But KNOCK-YOURSELF-THE-HELL-OUT-TRYING.  Its fun and entertaining to read...watching someone backpedal so fast it looks like they stole something...which you didn't do because you sir, are perfectly perfect...free of dents.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:43:36 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »
My oh my this thread has gotten popular, don't mind me, just passing through for some post counts  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »
Then clearly you should go re-read what you typed originally...not in a manner that YOU would understand, but in a manner that OTHERS can't help but think when they read it.  Now YOU get it.

Really?  You still don't understand?  Oh well...  You just can't reach some people.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #367 on: August 04, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
Chalenge,

My concern is ...

Noted. We are in agreement then. This is Hitechs house. Since Hitech allows it to continue all we can do is watch the horror show.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #368 on: August 04, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
You just can't reach some people.

That is the excuse of the cerebrally challenged.  Good luck to you sir.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
Another crock of crap.
So dan... you ever think his 200 blathering were a direct result of his indulgences and not an "online persona"? So yea it has some bearing on the game.

Kind of a "chicken egg" thingy, eh?  Most here won't understand the implication.  I also wonder why the muppets aren't screaming for an apology when they were used as mouth pieces to propagate and further the lies...  "it's not true"  "the exwife made it all up"  "Mark has become a professional musician"  Don't you guys feel duped?

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #370 on: August 04, 2012, 04:48:35 PM »
That is the excuse of the cerebrally challenged.  Good luck to you sir.

It's just an admission of my not being properly trained in communicating with mentally handicapped children.  It's just not my forte..

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »
Dan ... over the top... really? Have I gone off like assi in this thread? Go back and read what I posted... I ha vent ranted or gone off on a tangent I simply state my opinion.

Again if Iceman were to pop back up on here would everyone be so warm and fuzzy to him? All he did was post some bs about stopping a home invasion.
Funny thing I see SR say yup I did it and owning up to it.

Did he apologise to all of those that stood up for him when he lied to you?
I remember multiple people saying the charges were dropped.
Then his wife did it and set him up.
Mustaine being one of the big ones.

See where I am going with this?

Dan I am no where near abusive as the ranting SR deluged 200 with... wonder why that is.

Bronk, I don't know the Iceman story.  Apparently I missed that one so I don't know what happened to him.   I know how Voss was 'dealt with' by the community.  While he may be here in shades or not, he sure got run out on a rail, but that was because he was taking things from people who took him at his word.

Ironically it was Fester who led the charge on Voss as he's quick to point out with his Voss Conspiracy thread.  Fester recently informed us that when he fed us all a sob story about his broken marriage and lost job, it was just a joke and his way of getting out of a role of responsibility he'd accepted in a scenario.  As one of those who felt the meltdowns over and over, and took him at his word and wished him well, that one is hard to forgive as it would have been just as easy to say, "I can't do it".  He's still around.

Our old claimed to be an F-18 driver is still here and seems to be accepted by the crowd.

I'm sure there are other examples.

In terms of Skyrock.  As I've said, I never had time for the in game persona.  I thought it was a lousy way to go about things and he knew that.  At no point did I nor do I connect that to the choices he made outside of AH.

I don't remember him 'lying' about his addictions.

Was I angry when all this went down?  Absolutely, probably more angry then you.  My reasons were probably different.  I'd lost two kids through no fault of my own, and this guy chooses to lose his? Did he have any clue of what he gave up? I thought hard about what I wanted to do, and never did it come down to bashing him in this silly game.  The game doesn't matter.  How people treat each other does.  He blew it big time as a Dad and that is the most important thing to me.

So I wrote him in prison.  I don't think I held anything back in telling him exactly how I felt about it.  I know there were a number of folks who did this.  I believe Silat for one did a much better job of staying in contact then myself.  Sounds like others did too.  And understand, I don't know Mark well, and would be hard pressed to call him a friend for that reason.  But I have this thing about parents doing their job, and he needs to do his right.

You have a choice.  And all I could see was those two little kids in the pictures that were posted by Grizz I think.  their parents, for better or worse are the only ones they've got.  For their sake, getting Mark to get his act together, in whatever little way we can seems far more important then ripping him for whatever it is folks perceive he needs to be ripped for.  I can't imagine anything we could say would feel worse then him knowing he gave up that time with his little ones.  He can't get it back.  If he doesn't understand that, then there is no hope.

I choose to believe that he may have figured that out.  When he replied to my letter, I got no excuses, just acknowledgement of how much he'd screwed up and betrayed his kids trust.  His goal seemed to be getting that back.  

Helping someone is always a risk, as there is always a chance you can get burned.  But I'd rather take the chance in hopes of helping, then not, and having someone fail.

Don't mistake that is me thinking we can make a huge difference, but I do believe knowing folks are willing to support you after you've made the dumbest decisions of your life, has to help a little.

We have nothing to lose by trying.  And if as he says, he's made a change and parenting those two little ones is the most important thing, then everyone wins, in particular those little ones.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2012, 04:50:03 PM »
Kind of a "chicken egg" thingy, eh?  Most here won't understand the implication.  I also wonder why the muppets aren't screaming for an apology when they were used as mouth pieces to propagate and further the lies...  "it's not true"  "the exwife made it all up"  "Mark has become a professional musician"  Don't you guys feel duped?

Ahhh, the kid who screams, "I need help"....please, try to run your opinion up the flag pole of public opinion and then ask for help.  That says sooo much for your belief in your position.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
I'd just like to point out whatever this "Iceman" story thing is has nothing to do with me "1CEMAN"  :O
I DIDN'T DO IT THIS TIME I SWEAR!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
I'd just like to point out whatever this "Iceman" story thing is has nothing to do with me "1CEMAN"  :O
I DIDN'T DO IT THIS TIME I SWEAR!

You sure?  :)

Nah, you are harmless.  Lousy at registering for the scenario <hint hint> but harmless :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters