Author Topic: Hello fellow AHers  (Read 28800 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hello fellow AHers
« Reply #435 on: August 04, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »
Mississippi Pardon and Parole Laws:

Conditions of Parole

Every convicted prisoner who is sentenced for a definite term of one year or over or for a life term may be eligible for parole on fulfillment of the following conditions.

The prisoner must have observed the rules of the Department of Corrections.
S/he must have served not less than one-fourth of the total of such term or if sentenced to serve a term of 30 years or more, or, if sentenced for life term, has served not less than 10 years of such life sentence.

That is why he asked

PAROLE ELIGIBILITY FOR OFFENDERS WHO

COMMITTED CRIMES ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 1995

Miss. Code Ann. § 47-7-3(1)(g)

An offender convicted of a crime committed after June 30, 1995 who has never been convicted of a violent crime may be eligible for parole.  An offender must be sentenced to one year or more to be eligible for parole and an offender’s initial parole eligibility date can never be less than one year.  To be parole eligible, an offender must serve the greater of 25% of his sentence or the following statutory minimums:  If the sentence is from one (1) to two (2) years he must serve at least nine (9) months.  If the sentence is two (2) to five (5) years he must serve at least ten (10) months. If the sentence is more than five (5) years but less than thirty (30) years he must serve at least one (1) year.  If the sentence is thirty (30) years or more he must serve at least 10 years.

My info came from the MS DOC website...

http://www.mpb.state.ms.us/Parole%20Board%20Parole.htm

And don't forget the MET...

Meritorious Earned Time (MET) is a  up to 10 day reduction in sentence for every 30 days of successful participation in an educational, vocational or treatment program.  Inmates are not eligible for MET for participation in a program if the inmate is already receiving trusty time for that program.

Miss Code 47-5-142

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.htm#What_is_Meritorious_Earned_Time_(MET)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #436 on: August 04, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »
PAROLE ELIGIBILITY FOR OFFENDERS WHO

COMMITTED CRIMES ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 1995

Miss. Code Ann. § 47-7-3(1)(g)

An offender convicted of a crime committed after June 30, 1995 who has never been convicted of a violent crime may be eligible for parole.  An offender must be sentenced to one year or more to be eligible for parole and an offender’s initial parole eligibility date can never be less than one year.  To be parole eligible, an offender must serve the greater of 25% of his sentence or the following statutory minimums:  If the sentence is from one (1) to two (2) years he must serve at least nine (9) months.  If the sentence is two (2) to five (5) years he must serve at least ten (10) months. If the sentence is more than five (5) years but less than thirty (30) years he must serve at least one (1) year.  If the sentence is thirty (30) years or more he must serve at least 10 years.

My info came from the MS DOC website...

http://www.mpb.state.ms.us/Parole%20Board%20Parole.htm

And don't forget the MET...

Meritorious Earned Time (MET) is a  up to 10 day reduction in sentence for every 30 days of successful participation in an educational, vocational or treatment program.  Inmates are not eligible for MET for participation in a program if the inmate is already receiving trusty time for that program.

Miss Code 47-5-142

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.htm#What_is_Meritorious_Earned_Time_(MET)

Ok, I stand corrected.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #437 on: August 04, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
I have a 5 gallon moonshine still over yonder ......just saying    

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:54:27 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #438 on: August 04, 2012, 08:57:12 PM »
:lol oh ya here they come.

Just Like I said a bunch of nobodies.  :aok

You sure do a whole lotta yappin for a bunch of nobodies....

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #439 on: August 04, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
What am I missing?

The fact that Bronk is a bottom feeder perhaps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: August 04, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »
Or you are a sycophant .
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #441 on: August 04, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #442 on: August 04, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
Hey grizz..  Wanna qualify that?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #443 on: August 04, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »
I'm not owed anything, never implied that, only asked a question.
Are you his spokeswoman?

My charge fell under the 25% rule, also I got plenty of Meritous Earned Time for attending classes and tutoring GED students, and I avoided any infractions or RVR's, also I was classified A-out custody my entire time and worked out in the public like being the janitor at the Yazoo Public Library in Yazoo, MS.  But, the earliest one can get out on a 10 is 18 months. I know it says must serve at least one year... but if you have a 10, you're gonna serve at least 18 months.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:39:57 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #444 on: August 04, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »
I personally think hes a little squeak.

"squeak" isnt the word i used either
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
My charge fell under the 25% rule, also I got plenty of Meritous Earned Time for attending classes and tutoring GED students, and I avoided any infractions or RVR's, also I was classified A-out custody my entire time and worked out in the public like being the janitor at the Yazoo Public Library in Yazoo, MS.  But, the earliest one can get out on a 10 is 18 months.

you wuss...I did my whole sentence no parole for me  :D although I got some good time back at the end..so did a few months shy of 5 years .and I was young had no kids....that I knew of. so it did not matter.

I am glad to see ya out, I know exactly how you feel

just so you know I have been practicing. :joystick:...2 days ago I flew against 6 p51's and 1 spit killed 3 of them.... one ran away shot up....I finally ran out of ammo one of the last 2 51's hit me with a good shot,  PWed me...so I just hit level pilot let them kill me :rofl  ( although I was in a spit16 so the were at the disadvantage) :o

I so cant wait to get you back for that whoppin in DA oh so many years ago...wow like 7 years ago...... :O

:salute

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »
You muppets are so proud of the time you've served...  You should change your name to the felons.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
You muppets are so proud of the time you've served...  You should change your name to the felons.
Weak sissies like you accept the honey buns laid out on the bed  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:18 PM »

holy crap that is a great idea....

but proud isn't a word I would use...more like it's just the truth..... I did my time 20 years ago and never went back..... I have raised my 6 awesome kids,   for the last 18 years.....one who is in college to become a Marine Biologist...I am far more proud of her then anything I have ever done. :aok

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
Don't touch the honey buns!  :uhoh

or the Swiss Rolls  :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:29:32 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis