Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 7965 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
I like Trinity
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »
Who are the other 3 though?
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »
I sympathize with your distress, but I sure don’t understand it.  Why do you want to “avoid the fight”?  Isn’t that what the game is all about? 

Also, why does one particular GV spawn (with cliff I assume) ruin the game over the entire map, and in particular, why does it affect the air war?  Why can’t you just leave those guys alone, and fight elsewhere?  Your statement almost seems to imply that you want to force the GV guys to fly planes (I assume that you don’t want this, but that’s what the above sounds like). 

MH

Ah this is a very old and touchy subject in AH, as we're tap dancing on the line of "how one wants to play their game" and "how one wants others to play in their game".  It's hard to express opinion without being persuaded by another's desires or other influences.

To one, "the fight" is killing 12 tanks in a spawn fight in less time than it takes to drive a mile and capture a field and progress the map.  What is wrong with the fight to capture a field right next door?  Both are fights, one will not simpley let you kill them 12 times and the game is settup so one simpley can't effortlessly capture a town without dropping some ord or shooting some guns.  Is it because you have to not avoid the larger/largest fight?  It must be that written rule, nobody in AH can ignore the largest bloodbath?

The answer: more people want the bloodbath than the few trying to progress, so much so that we end up with the same map up on the LWMA for over a week straight.  So for a week one group is very happy and another is very deprived of "the fight".  One group can not join the other and be content as one will make the other unhappy.  Trinity is GREAT for those looking for "the fight" that is the bloodbath and racking up their score - horrible for those whos fight is to capture the fields, progress the map, and achieve gain for all their countrymen.

Then you have the majority that's in the middle (where I like to be), they love the bloodbaths but only after the first two-three days of the same ones without any gain or progress made on the map.  You guys have had your 7-days of fun, can we please have ours?  I assure you, most other maps will allow another good bloodbath (and some we really don't even know if they will because they never get into the rotation, but lets play on trinity for antoher 7-days... make sure those with a resentment toards it really start to fester), maybe not 12-kills per minute like the ones in Trinity, but they are out there.

And the problem is we do leave the GV guys alone in their 20k canyons for 7-days straight.  You guys repeatedly demonstrate you have no intention of GV anywhee else on the map.  And there are two regions for all three coutnries to equaly get their 12-kills a minute.

To me, one side is being unreasonable over the other and I can't understand it, one side has had their favorite map to play on for the last 3-weeks out of 4.  Everybody else, only has had one week of no trinity.  IF you REALLY like Trinity, you should wake up, because I can't think of a better way to get your favorite map removed from the rotation either temporarily or permanently, can you?  I would be CONTENT if Trinity were up 4-days out of seven, heck even five, but it's been up 3 out of 4 times for months.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2012, 09:19:09 PM »
Ah this is a very old and touchy subject in AH, as we're tap dancing on the line of "how one wants to play their game" and "how one wants others to play in their game".  It's hard to express opinion without being persuaded by another's desires or other influences.

To one, "the fight" is killing 12 tanks in a spawn fight in less time than it takes to drive a mile and capture a field and progress the map.  What is wrong with the fight to capture a field right next door?  Both are fights, one will not simpley let you kill them 12 times and the game is settup so one simpley can't effortlessly capture a town without dropping some ord or shooting some guns.  Is it because you have to not avoid the larger/largest fight?  It must be that written rule, nobody in AH can ignore the largest bloodbath?

The answer: more people want the bloodbath than the few trying to progress, so much so that we end up with the same map up on the LWMA for over a week straight.  So for a week one group is very happy and another is very deprived of "the fight".  One group can not join the other and be content as one will make the other unhappy.  Trinity is GREAT for those looking for "the fight" that is the bloodbath and racking up their score - horrible for those whos fight is to capture the fields, progress the map, and achieve gain for all their countrymen.

Then you have the majority that's in the middle (where I like to be), they love the bloodbaths but only after the first two-three days of the same ones without any gain or progress made on the map.  You guys have had your 7-days of fun, can we please have ours?  I assure you, most other maps will allow another good bloodbath (and some we really don't even know if they will because they never get into the rotation, but lets play on trinity for antoher 7-days... make sure those with a resentment toards it really start to fester), maybe not 12-kills per minute like the ones in Trinity, but they are out there.

And the problem is we do leave the GV guys alone in their 20k canyons for 7-days straight.  You guys repeatedly demonstrate you have no intention of GV anywhee else on the map.  And there are two regions for all three coutnries to equaly get their 12-kills a minute.

To me, one side is being unreasonable over the other and I can't understand it, one side has had their favorite map to play on for the last 3-weeks out of 4.  Everybody else, only has had one week of no trinity.  IF you REALLY like Trinity, you should wake up, because I can't think of a better way to get your favorite map removed from the rotation either temporarily or permanently, can you?  I would be CONTENT if Trinity were up 4-days out of seven, heck even five, but it's been up 3 out of 4 times for months.

Good description of your point of view.  In a spirit of compromise, I personally (for what that’s worth) could support a 4-day limit.  In conjunction with that however, I just wish more of the other maps could be made GV-friendly (with chained vBases moderately difficult to get to with attack aircraft).  About half the maps in the rotation are horrible for GVs (like Mindanao), and the only saving grace most of them have is that they don’t last long, as they are easy to sweep.  Most maps are fine for planes, of course, at least partly because planes are top-dog in the AH universe.  Unfortunately, even the guys working on new maps (except for Greebo, who is a fine open-minded individual) don’t seem to get the concept of GV-friendliness.   :frown:

MH
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:35:14 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:56 PM »
Map is ok with me.  I just like to defend anyway.  I'm not a win the war kind a guy anyhow.

Can't get anything for the perkpoints anyway so whats the big deal???
- The Flying Circus -

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
Unfortunately, even the guys working on new maps (except for Greebo, who is a fine open-minded individual) don’t seem to get the concept of GV-friendliness.   :frown:

MH

And how do you know who is working on new maps and what their understanding of GV-friendliness is?

The older maps only need more GV spawns added to make them GV-friendly.   That's up to HTC.
My map will be very GV friendly (if it's ever finished) and surely other new maps will be as well. 

Why not make one yourself and show us how it's done?

Edit:  I don't GV at all but how does this look for a GV-friendly tank town?

Each country gets two spawn in points to the other two enemy bases to reduce camping and a spawn in from a rear uncaptureable base will bring supplies or tanks to either save the base or retake it.  Like it or not, base taking promotes fights.  I haven't captured a base since tour 97 btw and mostly defend.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:50:46 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
Trinity would be great if we could get rid of the starting country lines... Just randomize all 3 country bases all over the map.. no defined front lines.. 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2012, 03:44:39 AM »
Per fights: Up a plane that cant run. I suggest a Spit1 or Hurr1. Get in the way of the enemy. See how many stop to fight.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Per fights: Up a plane that cant run. I suggest a Spit1 or Hurr1. Get in the way of the enemy. See how many stop to fight.
and then be picked to death by a half dozen sub-orbital P51's :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
Ah this is a very old and touchy subject in AH, as we're tap dancing on the line of "how one wants to play their game" and "how one wants others to play in their game".  It's hard to express opinion without being persuaded by another's desires or other influences.

To one, "the fight" is killing 12 tanks in a spawn fight in less time than it takes to drive a mile and capture a field and progress the map.  What is wrong with the fight to capture a field right next door?  Both are fights, one will not simpley let you kill them 12 times and the game is settup so one simpley can't effortlessly capture a town without dropping some ord or shooting some guns.  Is it because you have to not avoid the larger/largest fight?  It must be that written rule, nobody in AH can ignore the largest bloodbath?

The answer: more people want the bloodbath than the few trying to progress, so much so that we end up with the same map up on the LWMA for over a week straight.  So for a week one group is very happy and another is very deprived of "the fight".  One group can not join the other and be content as one will make the other unhappy.  Trinity is GREAT for those looking for "the fight" that is the bloodbath and racking up their score - horrible for those whos fight is to capture the fields, progress the map, and achieve gain for all their countrymen.

Then you have the majority that's in the middle (where I like to be), they love the bloodbaths but only after the first two-three days of the same ones without any gain or progress made on the map.  You guys have had your 7-days of fun, can we please have ours?  I assure you, most other maps will allow another good bloodbath (and some we really don't even know if they will because they never get into the rotation, but lets play on trinity for antoher 7-days... make sure those with a resentment toards it really start to fester), maybe not 12-kills per minute like the ones in Trinity, but they are out there.

And the problem is we do leave the GV guys alone in their 20k canyons for 7-days straight.  You guys repeatedly demonstrate you have no intention of GV anywhee else on the map.  And there are two regions for all three coutnries to equaly get their 12-kills a minute.

To me, one side is being unreasonable over the other and I can't understand it, one side has had their favorite map to play on for the last 3-weeks out of 4.  Everybody else, only has had one week of no trinity.  IF you REALLY like Trinity, you should wake up, because I can't think of a better way to get your favorite map removed from the rotation either temporarily or permanently, can you?  I would be CONTENT if Trinity were up 4-days out of seven, heck even five, but it's been up 3 out of 4 times for months.
It gets old taking bases only to wake up and their all taken back.
no more real effert to win this map just gonna have have fun defending.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2012, 09:44:03 AM »
I like Trinity

I like steak too. In fact. Steak is my favorite food hands down bar none it isnt even a close competition.

But as much as I like steak. Its not what I want to have for dinner every single night of the week. Or even 4 of 7 days of the week

Trinity was fine when there were alot more players playing. Usually fights were on a broad front. Here and especially if your on the country to the west. The fight is limited to the same 1 or two bases in the north the GV spawn camp in the center. And the same 1 or two bases in the south. And unless you horde. You dont get anywhere. And while I dont really care who wins the war in the end. It is nice to have those desperate struggles over a base. And I do enjoy a change of scenery and tactical thinking from time to time that taking or loosing a base provides.

Still. Im fine with playing on Trinity for a couple days. But not when it takes up half the month when I only get to play on the maps I like for a few days (sometimes at best) a month

Someone suggested having a 14 hour minimum and a 48 hour maximum per map. Personally I think thats a dandy idea. Though I think just a flat 48 hours is even better. Then everyone gets guaranteed to play two nights on the map they like per rotation. Seems the fair thing to me
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »
Someone suggested having a 14 hour minimum and a 48 hour maximum per map. Personally I think thats a dandy idea. Though I think just a flat 48 hours is even better. Then everyone gets guaranteed to play two nights on the map they like per rotation. Seems the fair thing to me

Flat 48h creates a different problem that should not be underestimated: Almost no large map (and we have 4 of them in rotation) will ever be 'won' again. And no matter what whe might individually thing about the war (particularly old AH 'vets'), it's a very important component in overall player motivation.

IMHO, the current 7 day time is fine. It just has to work - we are now in the 12th day on Trinity  :bhead
The only thing I would add would be a minimum uptime of 2 days, so that we don't race through the small maps until hitting a large map again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:54:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Good description of your point of view.  In a spirit of compromise, I personally (for what that’s worth) could support a 4-day limit.  In conjunction with that however, I just wish more of the other maps could be made GV-friendly (with chained vBases moderately difficult to get to with attack aircraft).  About half the maps in the rotation are horrible for GVs (like Mindanao), and the only saving grace most of them have is that they don’t last long, as they are easy to sweep.  Most maps are fine for planes, of course, at least partly because planes are top-dog in the AH universe.  Unfortunately, even the guys working on new maps (except for Greebo, who is a fine open-minded individual) don’t seem to get the concept of GV-friendliness.   :frown:

MH

Maps and not GV friendly because most map are made by pilot types that don't care for GVs and some would even like to see GVs out of the game all together. The only way to get a GV friendly map is if some enterprising young tanker takes the time to make such a map and submit it to HTC. I too would like to see a V-135 or V-85 type spawn on every map. The people who like to GV and pay their $14.95 have the same right to a good tank fight as a pilot type without having to keep a DOT log book to track driving time to get a shot at another tank. Good thing GVs don't have to keep a DOT log book or all of us would be out of service for 8 hrs lol.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
Maps and not GV friendly because most map are made by pilot types that don't care for GVs and some would even like to see GVs out of the game all together. The only way to get a GV friendly map is if some enterprising young tanker takes the time to make such a map and submit it to HTC. I too would like to see a V-135 or V-85 type spawn on every map. The people who like to GV and pay their $14.95 have the same right to a good tank fight as a pilot type without having to keep a DOT log book to track driving time to get a shot at another tank. Good thing GVs don't have to keep a DOT log book or all of us would be out of service for 8 hrs lol.

It has nothing to do with "maps being made by pilot types". Most of the maps were made back in the day when there was very little GV combat. The game was about flying as the name implies "Aces High". Now there is more of an interest in GVs and the newer maps we have DO have good GV action added to them. The problem is we haven't had a map added in a long time either.

Trinity was a good map when we had 600 players on at night. Figure an "average" you had 200 players going head to head across those mountains looking to grab a foot hold on the other side. It made for some great battles. Now as an average, you have 100 players, and more than half of those don't want to be bothered with climbing, or fighting, so they group together to try and attack across the water (A39, A100, and A5) or pound on each other at A1. Oncw one team or the other gets a foot hold on the other side of the mountains more and more fights of all types spring up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:13 AM »
Trinity was a good map when we had 600 players on at night. Figure an "average" you had 200 players going head to head across those mountains looking to grab a foot hold on the other side. It made for some great battles.

I might add that the majority of GV combat besides direct support of base captures was happening in Tank Town on Trinity, and almost nil at V135. You could always expect a sizeable portion of the arena population there, often more than one hundred. I learned tanking up there back in the day...  :cry
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman