Author Topic: film viewer sound bug - wind buffet  (Read 266 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
film viewer sound bug - wind buffet
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »
There's a wind buffet sound that plays when you exceed a certain high threshold of speed.

In the film viewer I just watched a recent C205 sortie and as soon as I hit 250mph the wind buffet blared full volume, no ramping up. Normally you can't even hear this in-game until you start compressing and locking up. At different points of the film as I passed 250 it came on and as I dropped below 250 it stopped.

It doesn't start right away, even if film starts with you above 250mph. It has a delay then it kicks in. I verified this with another film I recorded just today, c205 also. Checked an me410 film and it does the same thing.

Thought I'd report it.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: film viewer sound bug - wind buffet
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
In other sims, if you experience any lag, the smoothing algorithm will put you where you belong.      If you are moved to where you should be at a speed higher than the buffet speed, you will hear that through the rest of the film.

This happens in warbirds 2.77.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: film viewer sound bug - wind buffet
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
There's a wind buffet sound that plays when you exceed a certain high threshold of speed.

In the film viewer I just watched a recent C205 sortie and as soon as I hit 250mph the wind buffet blared full volume, no ramping up. Normally you can't even hear this in-game until you start compressing and locking up. At different points of the film as I passed 250 it came on and as I dropped below 250 it stopped.

It doesn't start right away, even if film starts with you above 250mph. It has a delay then it kicks in. I verified this with another film I recorded just today, c205 also. Checked an me410 film and it does the same thing.

Thought I'd report it.

Had that happen in several films recently.  At around 250mph,  the wind sound comes on at full force - only it isn't my wind sound at all.  The sound blasting out sounds like machinery and not at all like the wind sound in my sounds file.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."