Author Topic: GR II/33 P51  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: GR II/33 P51
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »
I've started working on it, however I have a question.

HTC says they accept only 1024 textures, but the default skin for the 51 is a 512 texture. Does that mean I'll have to save a custom skin to get a 1024 pattern?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
It means you have to install the hi res pack. Without this pack you are not running 1024 resolution textures.

After installing the pack, you must set 1024 in your graphics settings, then export the skin. When working on the skin, also do so in 1024 to preview work. Otherwise you may reduce this setting for actual gameplay.

The skin, however, still doesn't belong in the game. Same as with the D.520 wish thread, the only argument for it is "it's French" -- not that it was relevant.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
It means you have to install the hi res pack. Without this pack you are not running 1024 resolution textures.

After installing the pack, you must set 1024 in your graphics settings, then export the skin. When working on the skin, also do so in 1024 to preview work. Otherwise you may reduce this setting for actual gameplay.

The skin, however, still doesn't belong in the game. Same as with the D.520 wish thread, the only argument for it is "it's French" -- not that it was relevant.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »
Ho ok I forgot about the 1024 pack thanks.

The skin saw combat so it meets the inclusion criteria. I think it's good to remember that the war was fought by alliances of countries, and whatever the size of the help provided, every country should have a spot under the sun.

If HTC decides otherwise then be it I will still be happy to have finished a skin and will keep it for a local use. Am I allowed master Krusty?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »
Ho ok I forgot about the 1024 pack thanks.

The skin saw combat so it meets the inclusion criteria. I think it's good to remember that the war was fought by alliances of countries, and whatever the size of the help provided, every country should have a spot under the sun.

If HTC decides otherwise then be it I will still be happy to have finished a skin and will keep it for a local use. Am I allowed master Krusty?

I sure hope your skin attempt ends WAY lot better then my 7 year old finger painting skin  :D
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »
Did they even have guns loaded? Did they ever FIRE their guns? The variant you want to skin was a high speed recon unit, and NOT a fighter squadron. NOT one of the units actively flying to engage the enemy.

It really doesn't fit. The only reason you want it is because it's french. Can't find ANY other french markings that actually participated in combat? Maybe that tells you something about this plane and its service to the French. If you really desperately want French markings, we have tons of planes that are better suited to them.