Author Topic: Forum Posting Rules  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
Forum Posting Rules
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »
Many posters on all the AHBB have good intentions in their suggestions, questions and comments.

Unfortunately there are responders to those who on many occassions post replies who are questionably in the gray area of violating Forum Posting Rule #4.

Rule 4 reads  "- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it."

My wish is to give the original Author/Poster the ability minimize a negative responders comment.

Let me be clear the comment would still be present but would appear as "Comment collapsed by Author/Poster".  If anyone wanted to maximize it simply clic on a minimize/maximize button in that box.

Providing this benefit hopefully will curtail some of the blatant rudeness, disrespect, attacks and lack of positive feedback which infests the Forums like a cancer.

vSKYDIVE
Devils=v=Brigade
 :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Forum Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »
Then a lot of people will minimize responses they don't like, whether they break a rule or not. This is why every post has a "report to moderator" button. Just report the post and let HTC deal with it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Over the years, the BBS has become less and less enjoyable for me.  I have to read fast and cull which I do.  Would be great if something could be done about the 1/3rd of drivel. 

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
Over the years, the BBS has become less and less enjoyable for me.  I have to read fast and cull which I do.  Would be great if something could be done about the 1/3rd of drivel.  

That is the general concensus on pretty much all moderate-heavy Boards... Over the last 8-10 years the typical use of Boards have been nothing more than shameful... The Boards I see nowadays that are relatively clean are relatively private and small...

I remember a day when I was proud to moderate and administrate well used boards where the topics and conversations were respectful, but alas it is the change of the times that flush it down the toilet...

But to you my AH friends - The AH BBs isn't not as bad as you may think... Trust me the majority of other Boards for online games are far worse off.

So to all of you - appreciate the out-of-date BBs that is provided for you and it is UP TO YOU to control yourselves... Don't worry about what other people do - they make themselves look bad all by themselves...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:40:22 PM »
Case In Point

Ok IMADOT look at "The Fugitives" comments in the latest post titled "Damage list checkbox always on" posted by SilverZ06...here is the link: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338090.0.html.

It is a simple post by a player with good intentions with a reasonable wish.

Now please read "The Fugutives" four comments.

"The Fugitives" blistering multiple replies clearly are abusive, disrespectful, flaming and clearly not of a positive contributing nature.  In my opinion a blatant violation of Rule #4.

So I understand your position as AH CM Staff and your reply to my post as above.  I have taken your advice and clicked "report to moderator" but honestly DOT I think my last dying breath will come & go before anything is ever done.  AH management is certainly overwhelmed with daily normal challenges than to trifle with forum posts.  Sure the posts are reviewed, read, moved, locked but that is about it.

This is exactly an example of why Authors/Posters  need the ability to "self police".

We the Authors/Posters need the ability to minimize any and all negative replies as "Comment collapsed by Author/Poster".   The posting/comment will still be there, for anyone to read by simply clicking on the expand button.  Once a post is minimized by the Author it becomes the default setting. 

I know you expressed concerns that Authors/Posters would abuse this by minimizing replies simply they did not like.  I do not think people who write positive wishes are so vendicitive as the vicious negative responders.

If ever there was a need to minimize a derogatory comment or series of such...SilverZ06 post is a typical classic example. 

vSKYDIVE
Devils=v=Brigade

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 03:29:49 PM »
ever notice when a good idea hardly gets any negative comments?  fugitive's comments on the thread you are referring to is right on.  it is already available to us.  how hard is it to just map the damage list to a button on your joystick?

if you give the ability for somebody to "hide" negative responses then you take away the ability that out of a stupid wish a better one may come out at the end.  and some of it is because of negative responses.  if you notice that somebody is violating the rules then report it.

by have you read the rules yourself?  because your wish clearly goes against this rule:

5- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If you feel a post violates the forum rules, the use the "Report to Moderator" link in the post to report it.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
guncrasher - Your feedback is appreciated.

vSKYDIVE
Devils=v=Brigade

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
I feel I should be able to post in locked threads.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
I feel I should be able to lock Shuff's threads.  :D
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:36 PM »
I feel I should be able to lock Shuff's threads.  :D

I feel that I should be able to unlock them after you have locked them.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
     That would be particularly silly, as then Shuffler would be the only one allowed to post in his threads.  As I have known Shuff for years,
I can foresee the results already  :devil
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars