Author Topic: When will we get a new MAP?  (Read 3098 times)

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
Re: When will we get a new MAP?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
I wish they would let me re-texture some of the ones that HTC made.  Visually, they would look like new maps. :)

+1. And then some. Rangers AvA maps should be at least tested for compadibility in the MA's. It would make a world of difference.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Hell yeah we need new maps! But the map issue around here has always puzzled me. For instance, how come we can't pull a map from the AvA or SEA arenas and slap them in the MA once in awhile?  :headscratch:

seriously? we have 3 countries in the MA. every special event /ava map I've seen is 2 country.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
There are some outstanding maps used in the AvA and in scenarios that could have their historically accurate base positions removed and a tri-pie of bases plopped on instead.  If that can't be done I'd like someone to explain as to why.  To me that would be the easiest to do, the map and terrains are already done, just shake the bag and rearrange the bases.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 11:12:43 PM »
I'll be making a Google map soon. Does that qualify?

As long as it shows maps to cheeseburgers, sure why not?  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 04:35:18 AM »
How do you know

Your A Computer  :bolt:

No, but I have one and know how to use it!  :old:

grinder, right?
it really has been that long? seems so new still, since i've only seen it maybe 5-10 times.

Yes, Grinder was given to us in January 2011. Had been up about 15-18 times since then. But being a small map, it's usually done pretty quick. Last week it was up for about 21 hours
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 04:56:34 AM »

seriously? we have 3 countries in the MA. every special event /ava map I've seen is 2 country.
:lol Are YOU serious? A map is a map (terrain). It seems to me that how the fields are assigned would be a minor detail easily fixed. Definitely less time consuming then making a whole new map.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:32 AM »
Yes, Grinder was given to us in January 2011. Had been up about 15-18 times since then. But being a small map, it's usually done pretty quick. Last week it was up for about 21 hours

Make it bigger. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 05:35:56 AM »
uptown, you are correct that it would be a small detail, however you have to position those bases as a Terrain Creator. Those bases have to have no bias and be absolutly fair to every team. Then there's the GV bases, the Factories and everything else. Even the terrain itself can have no bias. Have a chain of mountains in one area that will be the boundry between two teams? 'Well why doesn't the boundy between team 1 and team 2 have a boundy, its unfair!'. This is what a Terrain Creator has to put up with. Having tried my hand I realise it is much more difficult than most people give it credit for.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 05:45:28 AM »
I like turtles

you like to exchange cooking recipe with me ?  :cheers:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 09:48:49 AM »
When your in the air the map means little.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
When your in the air the map means little.

It means a lot. It can make a world of a difference on the number and type fights you can get. Just take the difference between having a large map like TAGMA or a small map like Mindanao during off hours with only 50-70 players online.
Some maps generate a steady stream of medium to high altitude bombers. SFMA has the eternal A1-19 furball no matter what time of day is, while in the western country on Trinity you can have a lot of trouble to find any air battle that's worth it's name. Fighting over huge mountains with a lot of canyons is way different from maps with a lot of water and frequent CV battles.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
uptown, you are correct that it would be a small detail, however you have to position those bases as a Terrain Creator. Those bases have to have no bias and be absolutly fair to every team. Then there's the GV bases, the Factories and everything else. Even the terrain itself can have no bias. Have a chain of mountains in one area that will be the boundry between two teams? 'Well why doesn't the boundy between team 1 and team 2 have a boundy, its unfair!'. This is what a Terrain Creator has to put up with. Having tried my hand I realise it is much more difficult than most people give it credit for.

This should be stickied and quoted anytime people ask why they don't 'Just use the AvA maps!'

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
Maps are one of the things the members of the community can make and submit to HTC.  Why don't you make one and submit it?

ack-ack
We're supposed to pay for the game AND make the playing field as well? That's like paying McDonald's for lunch but having to cook the burger yourself.  :headscratch:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »
We're supposed to pay for the game AND make the playing field as well? That's like paying McDonald's for lunch but having to cook the burger yourself.  :headscratch:

There are already 12 maps. No where does it say for your subscription fee that you are entitled to any more.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »
There are already 12 maps. No where does it say for your subscription fee that you are entitled to any more.

And if you join now, you get one additional map for free!

Yes, 13 maps in late war for the same price!  :x