Author Topic: Does scraping the wing on the ground a lot on takeoff....  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Does scraping the wing on the ground a lot on takeoff....
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »
Just like scraping your props on the ground can damage them, so can dragging your wings on the ground.  

ack-ack

I realize you can lose part of a wing.  What I'm asking is if I get off the ground with no damage showing on my damage text report and no visible damage to the wing... is it likely to be weakened due to signficant scraping on the concrete? :joystick:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
Depends.  Are you an authority on the subject?  Was really looking for an HTC answer, but if you're an authority... well, then I can take that answer as gospel. :headscratch:

Then you should ask HTC directly via eMail and not waste everyone’s time.  It's just rude.  It appeares to me that you just enjoy arguing with everyone.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:59:44 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 04:50:23 PM »
I realize you can lose part of a wing.  What I'm asking is if I get off the ground with no damage showing on my damage text report and no visible damage to the wing... is it likely to be weakened due to signficant scraping on the concrete? :joystick:

What the hell does it matter?  You're in an AIRPLANE.  Airplanes + Earth = Damage.  End of line.
"You rebel scum"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »

Then you should ask HTC directly via eMail and not waste everyone’s time.  It's just rude.  It appeares to me that you just enjoy arguing with everyone.

Others may be interested in the answer too. :aok

PS: Exactly with whom am I arguing?  I'm simply asking a question whether the damage model / program is coded for this as weakening a wing or not.   I understand many have opinions and views re real life aeroplanes... but I'm not asking for either.  I'm asking for the answer to my factual question re Aces High.  No argument... just seeking truth regarding the game. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:20:13 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
Wow .... this all comes down to considering your ways I'm sorry Midway..This beratement is a flow on effect of not considering...Indeed!!...A couple of the others here need to pull their heads in though ...... the question is being asked because ...you can get shot in the wing and show no actual damage but we all know that this is implemented in the coding to cause damage to the wing thus weakening it.... It would/could be of interest as I also scrape my wings doing the exact same thing...I also tap my tail on GV's on a regular basis..... I have never lost my tail or parts doing this even after 4-5 consecutive taps and I don't believe it has weakened it either..but hey....what do I know...I just pay and play  :D.....So it does beg the question is it attributed to the damage of your aircraft....I believe the staff only could answer this question with total accuracy... unless someone has asked and been given an answer..... it isn't open and shut really..... GV's ...when you roll them...does this weaken them on the damage scale....
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:29:18 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
Wow .... this all comes down to considering your ways I'm sorry Midway..This beratement is a flow on effect of not considering...Indeed!!...A couple of the others here need to pull their heads in though ...... the question is being asked because ...you can get shot in the wing and show no actual damage but we all know that this is implemented in the coding to cause damage to the wing thus weakening it.... It would/could be of interest as I also scrape my wings doing the exact same thing...I also tap my tail on GV's on a regular basis..... I have never lost my tail or parts doing this even after 4-5 consecutive taps and I don't believe it has weakened it either..but hey....what do I know...I just pay and play  :D.....So it does beg the question is it attributed to the damage of your aircraft....I believe the staff only could answer this question with total accuracy... unless someone has asked and been given an answer..... it isn't open and shut really..... GV's ...when you roll them...does this weaken them on the damage scale....

Well put, and exactly what I am asking.  I appreciate people have opinions, but am not so much interested in those with this question.  I would like to know factually in Aces High whether this weakens a wing. :salute
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:09:45 PM by Midway »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
I'd like to think that scraping a wing during takeoff would cause damage.
I'm usually shot down to quickly to notice.   :furious

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
It's been asked and answered. It does damage. I believe HTC weighed in after the Nth time the question was brought up.

EDIT: I MAY have to retract that... I seem to recall somewhere it was mentioned it does something very minor, but I just dug one one post by pyro in this thread:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231862.0.html
Where he claims the scrapes buff right out, and not to worry as long as you don't do structural damage....

So, maybe it only damages if you hit hard enough to break the wing off.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:07:15 AM by Krusty »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 01:37:52 AM »
I used to do this for extended periods for fun, both on the tarmac and the water. In my observation there is no noticeable weakening of the structure afterwards.

Reminds me of a bug though...
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 05:24:38 AM »
It's been asked and answered. It does damage. I believe HTC weighed in after the Nth time the question was brought up.

EDIT: I MAY have to retract that... I seem to recall somewhere it was mentioned it does something very minor, but I just dug one one post by pyro in this thread:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231862.0.html
Where he claims the scrapes buff right out, and not to worry as long as you don't do structural damage....

So, maybe it only damages if you hit hard enough to break the wing off.

Thank you. :salute

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »
I wanted to know that too, cause I also do it quite often  :D It never appeared to me it damaged anything.

Did you guys ever use a field ack's bump to get in the air quicker? Funny as hell but quite dangerous  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 06:30:09 AM »
I wanted to know that too, cause I also do it quite often  :D It never appeared to me it damaged anything.

Did you guys ever use a field ack's bump to get in the air quicker? Funny as hell but quite dangerous  :old:

Yes. :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 07:12:45 AM »
You have all scraped your heads on the runway.

It did some damage.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:22 AM »
Others may be interested in the answer too. :aok

PS: Exactly with whom am I arguing?  I'm simply asking a question whether the damage model / program is coded for this as weakening a wing or not.   I understand many have opinions and views re real life aeroplanes... but I'm not asking for either.  I'm asking for the answer to my factual question re Aces High.  No argument... just seeking truth regarding the game. :)

Well for one, you appear to be argumentative with me.  I answered your question based on my having read somewhere within the forums that yes, damage, all damage is cumulative  and that by striking the ground with a wing you are inflicting some type of cumulative damage.  As I would not be considered an authority on the subject, that is, not authorized to speak on behalf of HiTech Creations, you would never accept what I say, at least according to you.  Therefor I question why you would ask any question in any of the public forums, as you are only interested in receiving official  responses from HiTech?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
Well I hope you don't feel "special" Traveler, Midway post ONLY to get attention, ANY attention including people explaining their answers trying to "help" him.

Give it up, and in Midways case add him to the "ignore list". Personally I can't see why a player who alienates so many other players is allowed to continue in the game and on the boards.