Author Topic: A certain bomber pilot...  (Read 4163 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: A certain bomber pilot...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »

And here comes the standard "they do it for score!", the universal explanation for everything 'bad' in AH.  :D

Now think about it - does B'n'B help your score or hurt it?  ;)

UGH!  I hate pop quizzes!   :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »
  What are you doing at 30K? I thought your wings melt at that height?  :headscratch:

The time it takes to climb up you could be engaging more targets you could spend bullets on.  :rock
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »
  The time it takes to climb up you could be engaging more targets you could spend bullets on.  :rock

Fun is not always about quantities ...  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
 What are you doing at 30K? I thought your wings melt at that height?  :headscratch:

Saving fuel

:neener:
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
I love this guy. Really. You save a ton of ammo when you run into him. There you are at 30k with his Lancs (almost always Lancs). You do the right thing to show him an historical matchup and go out front... but as soon as you get 3.0k from him he bails. 414 sorties this month alone and more than half of those he bailed. If you stay behind him but climb he dives and bails.

Why fly for more than an hour and bail?  :headscratch:
:rofl

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »

And here comes the standard "they do it for score!", the universal explanation for everything 'bad' in AH.  :D

Now think about it - does B'n'B help your score or hurt it?  ;)

Irrelevant. Helps his score or not, irrelevant. Whether we think it's for score or whatever, doesn't matter. Yes, most of us would be quick to condemn this type of behavior, but again, it's his 14.95 a month.

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 09:58:45 AM »
He's obviously agoraphobic.  Don't bully him please it will just make his disorder worsen.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
He's obviously agoraphobic.  Don't bully him please it will just make his disorder worsen.

He is afraid of Agras...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
Then again he may have that disorder that lets him feel like a winner so long as you don't kill him, even though he still dies.  SOrta like the samurai used to do, but in a lame way.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
Following graph has no particular point beyond the fact that I just haven't posted a pie for a long time  :D

(Image removed from quote.)
I would have liked to see this chart compared to fighter planes,then a particular point might be made. :D :D
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »
Following graph has no particular point beyond the fact that I just haven't posted a pie for a long time  :D

(Image removed from quote.)
The pies! Oh beautiful Pies!!!   :x  :cheers:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
Someone might look into the mirror first, then whine about someone who is stupidly avoiding any interaction with someone else.   :old:

Or you might want to look into the mirror to see who does not even play anymore which really avoids any interaction with other players.

But thank goodness you grace us with your presence here.  Once again, why don't you play anymore ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
I would have liked to see this chart compared to fighter planes,then a particular point might be made. :D :D

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »

When is the last time you were at 30k?  If you have been lately then you know there are alot of targets up there.  Some are bombers, some are fighters.  All of them have invested only a little time and patience to get there.  Just like the stuff on the deck, some are good fights some are bad, but bailing when you get engaged at 30k is just totally lame.  Period, it's lame.  Justify it any way you want, but, it's just lame.

Fights at alt are totally different.  Planes handle differently, you have more choices to make, and more mistakes too.

I'm up there too.  I see Chalenge around me alot.  I put myself in a position to intercept, fighters or buffs, and I see him in that position too.  It's idiots like us that stop many buffs BEFORE they drop, and call out inbound missions early enough for some folks to help with the intercept.

My mantra on altitude: "I don't mind fighting on the deck, I just aint gunna start there every time."
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs