Author Topic: My Wife Asks Me..  (Read 4031 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: My Wife Asks Me..
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
What I, personally, would like to see, are the parts of the video that were not included in the news media broadcast.

Specifically the parts immediately before they tossed her to the ground so can I see what kind of behavior she was exhibiting.

I will reserve any judgement until then.

Carry on...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »
This.

Know your rights when an officer asks if tey can look in your car or asks if they can do anything really.  They really are asking you can simply say NO.

This is right.  It's worked for me in court after they did it anyway and forgot to lie about me giving consent in their report.  

Have a look at this officer, who is now a felon over this but is still sewing to get his cop job back.  The incident was caught on camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqxXQH2Iuk

Have a look at this jailer checking to make sure this guy actually needs a wheelchair if you want to be disgusted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9nrFoUFsO8

I never cooperate but I am friendly and otherwise courteous.  Never argue, never verbally back them into a corner.  Cops are trained to never back down in any way and escalating is generally a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:51:21 AM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
As an ex-cop, I'll tell you flat out- you never see the whole story, 90% of people who get involved in 'police brutality' were the instigators, and in retrospect of those situations NOBODY did the right thing. We're all human.

Most people curse cops for not being around when they see someone else doing something illegal without getting caught, then curse them more when they're the ones who get caught doing the same thing. It's a thankless, high stress job. and noone who's not done it has any idea what it's really like.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
Why don't you belay the idiotic BS, because you don't know squat..
Oh no, I never wore any stripes, I don't know anything at all..
I never produced sons that wore stripes too.. Out of reality huh???

Musta hit a soft spot, mmm???

An old saying: "If the truth hurts, it is only because of what you know about yourself.."
I have found this to be true in my own life..

I tried to look up your quote and could find no reference to it.  To me it really doesn't make any sense, but then again maybe it is just me.

Here is one that one may live by.

“If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.”
― Virginia Woolf

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
As an ex-cop, I'll tell you flat out- you never see the whole story, 90% of people who get involved in 'police brutality' were the instigators, and in retrospect of those situations NOBODY did the right thing. We're all human.

Most people curse cops for not being around when they see someone else doing something illegal without getting caught, then curse them more when they're the ones who get caught doing the same thing. It's a thankless, high stress job. and noone who's not done it has any idea what it's really like.

And a big part of a LEOs responsibility is to act professional and not let their tempers get in the way of them doing their job.

You don't see people with retail jobs attacking abusive customers.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
I tried to look up your quote and could find no reference to it.  To me it really doesn't make any sense, but then again maybe it is just me.

Here is one that one may live by.

“If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.”
― Virginia Woolf

Fred

I'll tell ya truth about myself..
Mine wanted to grow up to be like me, big tough soldier, now he is dead.. KIA 2004..
He had some early difficulties, but my council kept him in, when he was planning on
shipping out, before 9/11 and the "War".. Well, he got his stripes, now he's gone..
For nothing, absolutely nothing! Now I bear responsibility for that, for the rest of my life..

"If the truth Hurts, it is only because of what you know about yourself!"
I forgot who said it, but it is gospel..

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
I'm going to interject a few things here and very likely going to ignore the rest of it. I've been in too many cop bashing threads to have any tolerance to the narrow minded folks who generalize their own bias on everyone involved in the profession. As if they had a chance to even meet the vast majority of the hundreds of thousands of LEOS in this country.

The nice thing about being a retired LEO is that I no longer am required to suffer fools gladly.

In my career I have found that most folks talk themselves into a ticket. Rather than being polite or even just plain courteous They take the opportunity to verbally unload on the Officer / Deputy / Trooper that had the GALL to pull them over. Rather than act like a normal human being interacting with another they instead get abusive, arrogant, demanding and even physically confrontational in their tantrum. I used the word tantrum on purpose as that is what it is in a lot of cases. Perhaps it is a reaction based on fear because being stopped is a very unusual event in their lives but it is out of the bounds of normal human interaction and totally out of bounds in dealing with others in a society. Perhaps it's because they heard a lot of stories from folks who have their own axe to rind and love to vent their bias and tend to believe the exaggerations instead of making up their own mind based on experience.

I have long past lost count of the times I walked up to a car or even a doorway on a call to be greeted by "what the f*** do YOU want?" or "who the h**l do you think you are stopping me?" or "What the f*** is YOUR problem?" before I can even say hi or hello.

Cops, Deputies, Troopers are human beings. How long do you think you would like to put up with that kind of thing every working day? How would you like to be treated like that by strangers who have never met you before. How about when they threaten to follow you home, find out where you live then come rape or beat up your wife. Yep I have heard that one more than once. One of the most memorable times I heard it was right after I peeled the SOB off of his wife while he was thumping her. She then jumped me because he started to cry saying I hurt him while I was cuffing him.

I'm not going to absolve the Officers in the video. I'm also not going to condemn them either until I see the entire situation, assuming it was filmed from the beginning or not just edited or at least see other witness observations. If they were wrong they deserve to be punished and lose their jobs. If she struck one of them or tried to assault them she just escalated a traffic situation to a felony. Just like you would not figure a LEO would have the right to just punch you for no reason, you also have no right to try to punch them because you got stopped.

A few words of advice. If stopped in your vehicle stay calm. Try to act like the other person is just that, another person, not a uniform. Move slowly, provide the required documents when asked. I don't care if you do not want to admit anything or not, If I had not had a solid violation anyhow I would not have bothered stopping you. Just answer the questions required like confirming the address and name on the license. A lot of times folks don't change the address and women don't get a new license after marriage / divorce.

In short, treat the other person like you would like to be treated. If you can't do that then don't be surprised when they do not let you off with a warning. I seriously doubt you would tolerate your kid talking to you in the manner I posted above and then decide to let them go. Why should you expect the LEO to let you off when you go off like that?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
I'm going to interject a few things here and very likely going to ignore the rest of it. I've been in too many cop bashing threads to have any tolerance to the narrow minded folks who generalize their own bias on everyone involved in the profession. As if they had a chance to even meet the vast majority of the hundreds of thousands of LEOS in this country.

The nice thing about being a retired LEO is that I no longer am required to suffer fools gladly.

In my career I have found that most folks talk themselves into a ticket. Rather than being polite or even just plain courteous They take the opportunity to verbally unload on the Officer / Deputy / Trooper that had the GALL to pull them over. Rather than act like a normal human being interacting with another they instead get abusive, arrogant, demanding and even physically confrontational in their tantrum. I used the word tantrum on purpose as that is what it is in a lot of cases. Perhaps it is a reaction based on fear because being stopped is a very unusual event in their lives but it is out of the bounds of normal human interaction and totally out of bounds in dealing with others in a society. Perhaps it's because they heard a lot of stories from folks who have their own axe to rind and love to vent their bias and tend to believe the exaggerations instead of making up their own mind based on experience.

I have long past lost count of the times I walked up to a car or even a doorway on a call to be greeted by "what the f*** do YOU want?" or "who the h**l do you think you are stopping me?" or "What the f*** is YOUR problem?" before I can even say hi or hello.

Cops, Deputies, Troopers are human beings. How long do you think you would like to put up with that kind of thing every working day? How would you like to be treated like that by strangers who have never met you before. How about when they threaten to follow you home, find out where you live then come rape or beat up your wife. Yep I have heard that one more than once. One of the most memorable times I heard it was right after I peeled the SOB off of his wife while he was thumping her. She then jumped me because he started to cry saying I hurt him while I was cuffing him.

I'm not going to absolve the Officers in the video. I'm also not going to condemn them either until I see the entire situation, assuming it was filmed from the beginning or not just edited or at least see other witness observations. If they were wrong they deserve to be punished and lose their jobs. If she struck one of them or tried to assault them she just escalated a traffic situation to a felony. Just like you would not figure a LEO would have the right to just punch you for no reason, you also have no right to try to punch them because you got stopped.

A few words of advice. If stopped in your vehicle stay calm. Try to act like the other person is just that, another person, not a uniform. Move slowly, provide the required documents when asked. I don't care if you do not want to admit anything or not, If I had not had a solid violation anyhow I would not have bothered stopping you. Just answer the questions required like confirming the address and name on the license. A lot of times folks don't change the address and women don't get a new license after marriage / divorce.

In short, treat the other person like you would like to be treated. If you can't do that then don't be surprised when they do not let you off with a warning. I seriously doubt you would tolerate your kid talking to you in the manner I posted above and then decide to let them go. Why should you expect the LEO to let you off when you go off like that?

I would consider this some solid advice, folks.

Considering the numerous times that a LEO pulls over or has to interact with strangers, keeping the situation civil and not doing anything to make the LEO stressed will make for a much more pleasant interaction for everyone.

If you want to contest the situation, the side of the road is not the place to do it.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
It's called weakminded roidrage, by an mentally insecure manchild, with WAY too much undeserved responsibility..

Stupid woman should learn to control her rage.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »

Quick question, would offering them a snack or something to that effect be a bad or good idea? Even if it wasn't meant as a bribe, just as a kind gesture?

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »
Quick question, would offering them a snack or something to that effect be a bad or good idea? Even if it wasn't meant as a bribe, just as a kind gesture?

Have gotten out of a small speeding ticket by offering the officer an Oreo.  It went something like this:
"sir, can you tell me why you where speeding?"

"yeah, sorry. I was reaching for an Oreo." *holds up bag* "want one?"

He had to look away to hide a smile, then he let me off with a warning.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »
I'll tell ya truth about myself..
Mine wanted to grow up to be like me, big tough soldier, now he is dead.. KIA 2004..
He had some early difficulties, but my council kept him in, when he was planning on
shipping out, before 9/11 and the "War".. Well, he got his stripes, now he's gone..
For nothing, absolutely nothing! Now I bear responsibility for that, for the rest of my life..

"If the truth Hurts, it is only because of what you know about yourself!"
I forgot who said it, but it is gospel..

WOW, all I was asking was the source of the quote.  You stated it was an old saying, and I have never heard of it, so I was a bit curious.  Happens to us retired folks with a little to much time on their hands.

As for you loosing your son, any of us that has lived any length of time have lost a loved one.  It really doesn't matter how they passed, but feelings are the same for each of us.  I guess you are blaming the police for it, I am not sure, but in the end it will do nothing but bring more grief to your life.  That is my opinion, and I don't expect you to accept it.  

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »
  Read a very good book years ago. Think the title was "How to avoid a speeding ticket" written by a former State Trooper.

Like others have said you need to put the Officer at ease for he has never met you and will think the worse until he finds out otherwise.

Pull over calmly and safely if possible. Leave both hands on the wheel there will be plenty of time to get your Id later while he watches. Nothing is worse than fumbling around while he's walking up. Don't lie that will just piss him off.

I was traveling on a local highway at night and went by a hidden trooper. He hit his lights as I passed and I knew it was me he was after. I pulled over and waited for him. Got off with a warning for being honest and friendly.

You may run into an irate cop but taking the ticket and driving away is better than spending time at thier place.    
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
This is right.  It's worked for me in court after they did it anyway and forgot to lie about me giving consent in their report.  

Have a look at this officer, who is now a felon over this but is still sewing to get his cop job back.  The incident was caught on camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pqxXQH2Iuk
that was in my state i feel bad for the woman
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
WOW, all I was asking was the source of the quote.  You stated it was an old saying, and I have never heard of it, so I was a bit curious.  Happens to us retired folks with a little to much time on their hands.

As for you loosing your son, any of us that has lived any length of time have lost a loved one.  It really doesn't matter how they passed, but feelings are the same for each of us.  I guess you are blaming the police for it, I am not sure, but in the end it will do nothing but bring more grief to your life.  That is my opinion, and I don't expect you to accept it.  

Fred

The suggestion was made that I don't live in "Reality", so I describe my reality..
The hardest thing I have ever had to do is deal with that.. Yes I have a grip on Reality..

I said cops have a tendency to beat women.. Some took offense to that, OK..
It would offend me too.. And the suggestion was made about lack of reality..

Here is some reality..
First, My sister dated a county deputy for about 5yrs or so.. He beat her occasionally..

Also, Back in the 80's, we lived in a nice Cul de Sac neighborhood, suburbs of the big city..
One of our neighbors was the owner of a well known strip club in the Area.. We became
friends, BBQ's Birthdays Holidays kinda thing.. Wifey and She became very close friends..
We were not part of the whole strip club thing tho.. The only time we went there was
invitations for birthdays.. But she used to unload on my wife about all the dirty stuff  that
goes on behind the stage and office.. Off duty police were worked the door, and providing
"escort" for the girls, on high dollar "Special Showings".. In short, the cops were pimping the girls..
So yeah, we have seen it ourselves, hot chicks with the cut lips and black eyes, and a cop boyfriend!

Seen em Smackin em around for kicks, drag them by their hair.. Like showin off..
And laugh about it, cuz they're cops.. So yeah, I do know something about it..

Do you think I LIKE THAT???

I HATE IT, wish it wasn't so..