Author Topic: Audible warning  (Read 456 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Audible warning
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »
I wish that when the town goes to a White Flag that the town and field sirens would change to a new tone. Even something like SOS would work as a secondary warning.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Audible warning
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »
I thought everybody had the siren sounds disabled as it is annoying.  also the warning message too.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »
I thought everybody had the siren sounds disabled as it is annoying.  also the warning message too.

semp

The default sound is quite annoying.  Some of the custom 'base under attack' sounds are pretty good though. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
I kinda thought it would be good if the little yellow dot on the map turned white when the town is white flagged, but then someone pointed out when you select a field it all turns white so I guess that would be confusing?

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
.dt fxxflg

where xx is field #

if it shows a time, it's white flag.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »
.dt fxxflg

where xx is field #

if it shows a time, it's white flag.

well would you look at that...that is helpful.......

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 03:16:16 AM »
The point of the wish is so you know from the tower without having to use the dot command. So the elevated risk is more obvious which might also help someone from getting killed on the runway and so on.

Actually sorry I had to explain it.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
HTC does have a visual cue that was added to the game.  I use it all the time...It's called fly there and see if the flag is white. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
HTC does have a visual cue that was added to the game.  I use it all the time...It's called fly there and see if the flag is white. :aok

With the new system, not necessary anymore. Even when inflight, I can tell in a second the flag state of any friendly or enemy town, no matter where it is.  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »
With the new system, not necessary anymore. Even when inflight, I can tell in a second the flag state of any friendly or enemy town, no matter where it is.  :uhoh

Interesting point.  Never thought to take it that route.  Learn something new every day in this crazy virtual world.  Thank you Sir.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »

I find it interesting that I just wrote specifically why I made the wish and then you ignored it completely.

Yes that is exactly what I will do is up from a field that is about to be captured and get killed on the runway as the field flips.

Now go back and read it again!  :rolleyes:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »
I find it interesting that I just wrote specifically why I made the wish and then you ignored it completely.

Yes that is exactly what I will do is up from a field that is about to be captured and get killed on the runway as the field flips.

Now go back and read it again!  :rolleyes:
I understood.  Maybe just a difference in the way we approach the game.  If there is red guys there, I'll go after them, not worried about whether I am gonna die trying.  What I saw was an effort to garner information without endangering oneself.   

Now get out there and fight those red guys and stop worrying about dieing! :rolleyes:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 12:53:21 AM »
Wrong again. You see the problem isnt with risk but the fact that I dont respect fields. If its about to be taken I want to know. The problem is (despite how you chose to word the situation) the possibility that a field is about to be taken is not obvious. Red guys are not always present. In fact the favorite way for people to take bases is unseen and unchallenged.

Also we have this wonderful new dot command that lusche is fond of. The only problem is it was designed by an engineer and is decidely unfriendly to users. And so we need a new sound variation.

Its simple to do Im sure and despite your thoughts on the matter it would be a welcome change.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:02:12 AM by Chalenge »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 01:24:11 AM »
I thought everybody had the siren sounds disabled as it is annoying.  also the warning message too.

semp

You thought wrong.  I have all enabled. :)

I agee with the wish. :aok
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:26:27 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »
I changed the siren to the european standard model which even at 100% volume is not annoying.