Author Topic: Increase HQ hit points!  (Read 658 times)

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
Increase HQ hit points!
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »
If we are now stuck with this new resup system can we make it so it takes way more then 1 set of lancs to kill?

Late at night with low numbers the HQ is not easy to defend esp, when it is NOEd. This kills the dar and if you want it back, you have to run sups in a C47 for 40+ mins if your the only one able to leave the front. Why push players into long boring C47 flights just so you can have radar bars to locate and find fights in a COMBAT SIM?

If the HQ was increased to 250k hardness then it would take a raid to knock it out. this means that it will only happen in the US daytime when the numbers are high enough for both the bombing mission and the Resup train of C47s.

I just spent 30 min doing 3 resupply runs on a HQ and the total difference I made was 12mins to the HQs timer.  :furious

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Increase HQ hit points!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Why push players into long boring C47 flights just so you can have radar

5 mins is not long.  And the perks earned from what I've read not having done it yet are generous.  Yes; it'll take more guys working together to get it back up.

A great move.  This is better than steam rolling hordes and a rinse and repeat fighter arcade.

All of which can still happen with no dar.  Our players do operate on a straight line mentality of roughly 25 miles out.  Not hard to find fights.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
5 mins is not long.  And the perks earned from what I've read not having done it yet are generous.  Yes; it'll take more guys working together to get it back up.

A great move.  This is better than steam rolling hordes and a rinse and repeat fighter arcade.

All of which can still happen with no dar.  Our players do operate on a straight line mentality of roughly 25 miles out.  Not hard to find fights.

the perks for hq would be quite less, as there is only 1 object you're resupplying.. resupplying a town or a factory gives you the big bucks.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »
Correct, HQ was giving me 1 perk per run or so.

My biggest problem with this system is that 1 player can cause so many others to pull out of the front lines to get a HQ back. If you want the HQ down it should be a mission, not 1 bored pilot.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »
the perks for hq would be quite less

Thanks for the correction.   :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
+1 on this
now posting as SirNuke

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »
+1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
-1 No thank you
it already takes nearly 40K of ords. If someone manages to NOE lancs 10+ sectors and flash your strats/HQ for probably about 10 mins without anyone noticing to up a 163, lives through the HQ ack, AND hits enough bombs to drop the HQ, he deserves it. IMO it is hard enough especially and mainly because of the 163's half sector flight there.

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »
it already takes nearly 40K of ords. If someone manages to NOE lancs 10+ sectors and flash your strats/HQ for probably about 10 mins

When th HQ is starting to flash, you have about three minutes.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »
Hitech posted:

The HQ was an oversight, It will be changed to 45 mins down time + it will work like the town does in that it's down time will be increased an additional 2 hours base on the cities state.

The change will happen when we install a host this afternoon.

HiTech
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
Hitech posted:

The HQ was an oversight, It will be changed to 45 mins down time + it will work like the town does in that it's down time will be increased an additional 2 hours base on the cities state.

The change will happen when we install a host this afternoon.

HiTech

:aok

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
I was toying with it last night, the 4-mintues does seem like a good bit too little, even if you had a dozen friends.  But maybe the update today will change how much total downtime there will be, so 4-minutes wont be too bad.

Something that I didn't get to test twice, I tried rearming field supplies in my C-47 at a different field than it originated from for the strats.  The strats are ringed by ~3-4 airfields at an even distance, so depending on which way you passed over the strats or which of the 5 centers you're focusing on, the closest one would change.  I didn't think twice after droping one package to fly stragiht ahead and to the closest field to resuply, only it didn't work. 

I honestly don't know if this is intentional to prevent a resuply exploit or if maybe I inadvertantly salvoed it out or left the bombay door open when I went AFK and my cat did a barrel roll on the keyboard.  I'm going to try it again, barring it wasn't my cat, it could be a little bug maybe.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »
If we are now stuck with this new resup system can we make it so it takes way more then 1 set of lancs to kill?

Late at night with low numbers the HQ is not easy to defend esp, when it is NOEd. This kills the dar and if you want it back, you have to run sups in a C47 for 40+ mins if your the only one able to leave the front. Why push players into long boring C47 flights just so you can have radar bars to locate and find fights in a COMBAT SIM?

If the HQ was increased to 250k hardness then it would take a raid to knock it out. this means that it will only happen in the US daytime when the numbers are high enough for both the bombing mission and the Resup train of C47s.

I just spent 30 min doing 3 resupply runs on a HQ and the total difference I made was 12mins to the HQs timer.  :furious

You should be happy now.  HQ downtime is same as towns, 30 min assuming city is 100% up, and 3 supply runs will reduce that by 10 min each bringing HQ back up.

I like it.  :aok    What do you think?

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)